Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Hey guys,

I have been reading through a lot of the urinal threads on here and thought I should post about something that has happened to me recently.

Up until a few weeks ago I never ever used to use urinals in public bathrooms. Basically I am a very private person and grew up without a father or any brothers and have always felt very uncomfortable in all-male environments including locker rooms, urinals etc. I almost felt as if i shouldn't be there or that other guys would be able to sense that I wasn't as much of a 'man' as them...very strange to some maybe but anyway I just got used to it.

The other week at work I was absolutely dying for a piss, I went into the bathroom and all the stalls were full, often I wouldn't even think about using the urinals and would have even preferred to be uncomfortable and leave the bathroom and come back rather than use the urinal (which I have done on many occasions). Anyway today was a day when I just couldn't wait, when ya gotta go ya gotta go, so I went up to the urinal, whipped out the goods and just let go. To top it all a guy decides to come and use the urinal right next to me when all the others are free, and these are old fashioned urinals far out from the wall with no dividers so pretty much all my goods were on show.

Now I'm not a hung guy, (between 3-5 soft and around 7 hard) but I could see this guy out of the corner of my eye checking out my dick (which was hanging pretty low as I had to go so bad) and the wierd part was I didn't care, I almost enjoyed it. I figured he was looking so I would too, so I look over and the guy has a dick so small it was hardly out of his pants, and he's trying so hard to angle himself away from me and press himself into the urinal so I can't see anything...you know, after he positioned himself right next to me and decided to stare at my dick, nice one mate.

Anyway something really clicked and stupid as it may sound it really helped me overcome this fear I had of somehow not being 'man' enough to use a urinal. Sorry if this sounds totally retarded to some people but I just realised how stupid I was to be so insecure. Since then I've really enjoyed using the urinal and just observing the type of male behaviour on display, from the show-offs to the guys who are so insecure they will literally do anything to hide their dicks from view. Not to mention being able to compare dick size, something I obviously never had the chance to do with male family members and never did with male friends. I've also had some 'enlightening' and hot experiences such as this surfer looking guy who pulled one of the fattest cocks I have ever seen out of his shorts and flopped it around proudly for ages before and after he took a piss.

Now every time I need to take a piss I almost get excited, I don't give a fuck who looks at my dick and I will probably sneak a peek at theirs. Its such basic human nature to want to compare yourself to other men and I feel like this is a man thing that I have been missing out on due to my stupid hang ups.

Anyway I wondered if anyone else had experienced something like this and found it liberating? Hell, maybe someone could suggest some good urinals I should try out in London :wink:

and here ends the trip into my psyche...

Slamdunk_dude

Reactions: coffinhack

mikebh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Slamdunk, good job getting over your concern. I have a feeling that no matter how many mates told you there was nothing to sweat over, you wouldn't be over it until you got there yourself. So, congratulations.

- Mike

reallyhot

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Good for you Slam dunk!
I unfortunately get pee shy, even if I really have to go...
I used to get worried when I got hard checkin' out other guys,
now if I stand next to someone else I just cant pee at all!.
and so now I feel like I'm missing out on the fun!
Hopefully it's just a temporary thing...
The last football game I attended this guy way across the room was showing off the goods...and he saw me looking, he was definately out to
pick up somebody...(he was definately not pee shy!)and quite well hung and hard I could see that clearly from 20 feet away...unfortunately I was with a group of others at the time! He even wore a custom sports shirt
advertising... his intentions...at the time!...He cruised me a few times then finally left...I felt complimented...made me feel good!

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
I recently got over my insecurity as well. I won't say that i enjoy it but at this point i have no problem using the urinal. I figure... got nothing to hide and im happy with what i got.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyway I wondered if anyone else had experienced something like this and found it liberating?
I used to be piss shy. By the end of the '90s, I could pretty much go anywhere, yet I would prefer that no one would be right next to me. During the past 5 years, I got over it and don't care. When I have to go, I have to go. It is great to be able to start the flow every time with no problem.

Hell, maybe someone could suggest some good urinals I should try out in London :wink:

Actually, these portable urinals are popping up in London, Amsterdam, and most recently, Canada. I'm totally intrigued by the idea and hope that they make their way to the United States. I would use them anytime anywhere.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38195000/jpg/_38195845_urinals150wcc.jpg

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Slamdunk, I can relate.

Only a few years ago, while attending a required seminar relating to my job, the session dismissed for a "break" and everyone headed for the restrooms.

I much prefer a stall, too, but on that morning (about 10:30AM following lots of coffee which had been served in great quantities), EVERYONE had to go and virtually every urinal and stall was in use. The pungent smell of urine entering that (posh) hotel rest room was overwhemling that morning. (Strange how I remember that, isn't it?) There were no less than between twelve to fifteen urinals all lined up with very slim partitions between them. Standing at each urinal was a suited man. All ages, heights, etc. --the whole gamut. "This is it!" I said to myself when a urinal FINALLY became available. I decided no stall or whatever, I would just take a urinal, (I had to go soooo bad!)

For me, it was kinda strange standing there. I mean, it took real nerve for me to even use a urinal in the first place, let alone lined up with so many other guys! But, there I was. And I was thinking: Do I dare at least glance around? Or, just stare straight ahead? (Like everyone else seemed to be doing) But, I kept hearing guys zipping up; some were shaking and gyrating to "finish up" so I suppose I MADE myself carefully look to my left and right (using my peripheral vision mostly). Funny thing to me was I wasn't seeing all that much, really. These guys all along the several urinals to my left and my right were (apparently) small to average! While they kept on with all their adjusting and tucking, I never DID really see anything! And most of them? ---they always kept very close to the porcelain, almost ashamedly or something it seemed to me. I stood close too, hiding what I COULD have revealed. :wink: But if these other guys WERE "hung", they would have displayed their flaccid sizes pretty readily I would think--the way they kept maneuvering. All I ever saw were their hands close together, nothing dangling between them. Ever.

I had been around the LPSG for several years by that point of time and this one experience that morning made me realize that in the real world, most men don't measure up to the standards we've come to expect around here! That fact plus there truly are an awful lot of shy men in the world.

cyrushkcurtis

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
When I was in seventh grade I was using a urinal in the lockerroom when a ninth grader with a large flaccid penis (I knew that because I had seen him in the showers) was at the urinal next to me. I remember seeing his large penis hanging down and I thought to myself, he's thinking, Hey, kid, this is how the big boys do it. Of course, he might not have been showing off at all, but because of that incident, I was unable to use a urinal for several decades! I still prefer a little room between the other men and me, but I have been able to overcome my anxiety.

Slamdunk_dude

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Hey guys, Thanks for the replies!

I guess what I was getting at was what you touched on benderten2001, that no matter what kind of dude you are, for the most part you will have an almost inherant interest in your own dick and in seeing other guys dicks even if there is nothing sexual in it. It just seems like something I have totally missed out on for all the 21 years of my life and I'm just catching up now!

Since using urinals I too have been surprised at how shy most guys are and for the most part how small most dicks are. I had never considered myself to be that much above average even though I had been told in the past that I was but using urinals has turned out to be a bit of an ego boost! Of course I'm sure there is going to be an occasion when I have to piss next to a dude who is hung like a horse but at least I'll get a nice view, and at the end of the day there is always going to be someone bigger and someone smaller than you. For now I'm just enjoying this new world of male curiosity...

SanDiegoBoxerGuy I haven't heard of portable urinals but I think I would have a go at using one, although I'm more interested in ones where I can get a good look at other guys, and maybe show my stuff off too, do you know of any like that in London?

Also, since reading the other threads it seems like pretty much all guys peek at urinals, what is the difference between that and being in a stall where you can see the urinals through the crack of the door? Somehow that seems unethical but the idea turns me on so damn much! Sadly I have never found a bathroom with such an arrangement but I would love to be able to stand and have a wank while peeking through the door at guys lining up to take a piss.

Now can anyone recommend any bathrooms like THAT in London? LOL

Slamdunk_Dude

B_balls892

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am a 50/50 exabitionist but I was very self conscious as a teen. I was embarrassed my cock was (too big!) I thought. I didn't know the benifit it was to have the biggest dick in the grade I was in. as a swimmer in college I used speedos that were way over bulged. I was shy and excited. then I'd get a boner from nervous. at 15 I was over 8 inch. and I was really cute. but I'm glad I was more shy than a cocky teen. my favorites was the trough used to piss in at school. 4/5 kids next to eachother nothing hiding the dicks. shit men arnt scared . I put my meat out in the pisser and older guys saw my huge dick n they nicknamed me in spanish burro!

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, these portable urinals are popping up in London, Amsterdam, and most recently, Canada. I'm totally intrigued by the idea and hope that they make their way to the United States. I would use them anytime anywhere.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38195000/jpg/_38195845_urinals150wcc.jpg
Manchester has these too.I've used them a few times and I've been heckled by drunk women once or twice late at night.All part of the fun of a Manc night out. :smile: