overpopulation

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There may have been many human beings who lived in times past but there have never been so many human beings alive at the same time.

This is the problem; this is overpopulation.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How much population the earth CAN sustain and how much it SHOULD sustain are two different things. Surely "quality of life" issues, global warming, pollution, longevity, health are all things that are impacted (most likely negatively) by population growth. However, we are combatting our MOST basic instinct when we propose cutting back on how many descendants we bring into the world.

NOTHING is more hardwired into our composition than making more of us. It takes intelligence, education, thoughtful discourse, social pressure, and available alternatives to combat something so primal and universal.

And so those of us who do truly choose not to have children should not be scorned for our decision! I can't even remember how many times I've been told that I'm neglecting my "duty", that I'm selfish, etc. etc... I simply think I'm not cut out mentally/emotionally to have children. It would not only be bad for me, it would not be fair to the child either.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would go so far to say that a major portion of the population has absolutely no business reproducing, let alone in copious amounts.

:biggrin1::biggrin1:

I think I KNOW those people! There are a lot of them in my hometown...

As they say, "Stupid people shouldn't breed". :biggrin1:

D

deleted15807

The planet is full of 'bags of mostly water'. What an alien species called mankind on Star Trek. An astonishing 50 million acres of forest is destroyed every year. This can't go on forever. From space you can see the disappearing forests. The coral reefs are dying. Vast habitats are vanishing. The world is literally under siege from human development. Only thing that will be alive in 100 yrs are humans, insects, rodents and tasty animals everything else will be gone.

World Population Clock

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And so those of us who do truly choose not to have children should not be scorned for our decision! I can't even remember how many times I've been told that I'm neglecting my "duty", that I'm selfish, etc. etc... I simply think I'm not cut out mentally/emotionally to have children. It would not only be bad for me, it would not be fair to the child either.

I think I KNOW those people! There are a lot of them in my hometown...

As they say, "Stupid people shouldn't breed". :biggrin1:

Early in our marriage my wifes grandmother told us that we should reproduce because because the dummies were out-breeding the intelligentsia.

There is a movie titled "Idiocracy" that gives an idea of how it could play out if the morons predominate.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Early in our marriage my wifes grandmother told us that we should reproduce because because the dummies were out-breeding the intelligentsia.

There is a movie titled "Idiocracy" that gives an idea of how it could play out if the morons predominate.

I've thought of this too. I think it could be because more of the intelligent people realize that they are not mentally/emotionally prepared to raise children. I don't really know what to do about this, since I believe in personal freedom to decide when or whether to have children. I would not want to force someone to have children when they don't want them, and would not really want to force someone NOT to have them if they do want them.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Re: Going against nature, at least in human procreation, is folly and probably futile.

How much population the earth CAN sustain and how much it SHOULD sustain are two different things. Surely "quality of life" issues, global warming, pollution, longevity, health are all things that are impacted (most likely negatively) by population growth. However, we are combatting our MOST basic instinct when we propose cutting back on how many descendants we bring into the world.

NOTHING is more hardwired into our composition than making more of us. It takes intelligence, education, thoughtful discourse, social pressure, and available alternatives to combat something so primal and universal.

That it is supposedly so hard to "control" the natural increase of humans, is a practical reason why I advocate that people not bother with awkward, experimental, anti-life contraceptives, and welcome babies to push out naturally.

An obvious purpose of human life, is to make more human life.

The natural and elegant outlet for powerful human reproductive urges, is ... reproduction.

Our ancestors seemed to understand this, a practical and common reason why families tended to be large.

Intelligence, education, social discource, can be put to much better use, towards population accomodation only, not needless meddlesome population "control."

Let the planet urbanize to whatever extent needed, to better hold all the people. "The more the merrier" they often say.

Redbabe01

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What about famine, disease, poverty, and ext. Everything has its limit and this planet can only handle some many ppl. You have to think of things like soil depletion and such. Sooooo tired, but cant sleep!!!!

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I heard a comment for a sustainable global population as low a 500 million... :eek:

A better "goal" would be more like 500 billion or more, if ever we get the time or opportunity. That ought to leave plenty of room for me, and everybody I know, to go on having all the children we were meant to have, well into the forseeable future.

Most people are not finished having children, a practical reason why we really do need "more" population. Which of course, is also a reason likely to be claimed, in the future as well.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What about famine, disease, poverty, and ext. Everything has its limit and this planet can only handle some many ppl. You have to think of things like soil depletion and such. Sooooo tired, but cant sleep!!!!

Well of course I also advocate some sensible ADAPTATIONS that we are already making anyway, not like we have no idea how to accomodate more people.

Say like more flush toilets for the developing nations. Not tossing anti-life condoms in their faces. No longer can some defectate in empty fields, when those fields are filled in with human housing as far as the eye can see.

Pronatalism helps solve all those problems you mention, because it's all about family values and respect for fellow human beings.

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
do you guys think that the world already is overpopulated?

I ask because many people currently dont think that the planet isover populated . My opinion is that the planet is really overpopulated.
"...over populated..." with what:confused:
If you mean people (human bodies)...have no fear...I promise I aint gonna make no more little people (babies) ....14 is enough for me:biggrin1:

You might want to give my uncle a call, he got 17 and maybe one on the way again.:biggrin1::biggrin1:
Men in my family are very fruitful:wink::biggrin1: