overpopulation

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"...over populated..." with what:confused:
If you mean people (human bodies)...have no fear...I promise I aint gonna make no more little people (babies) ....14 is enough for me:biggrin1:

You might want to give my uncle a call, he got 17 and maybe one on the way again.:biggrin1::biggrin1:
Men in my family are very fruitful:wink::biggrin1:

People with so many children, are likely among the best candidates for having more, as they must have so much experience by then, raising children.

And they are probably good at nurturing children, love their children, or at least naturally fertile—a good trait/genes to pass onto children.

Somebody posted somewhere on another forum or something, that babies like pussy. What does that mean? I take it to mean, they like to emerge out of vaginas as babies, and they probably want to also enjoy sex, when they grow up and marry. All the more reason to welcome people to enjoy having possibly naturally large families.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People with so many children, are likely among the best candidates for having more, as they must have so much experience by then, raising children.

And they are probably good at nurturing children, love their children, or at least naturally fertile—a good trait/genes to pass onto children.

Somebody posted somewhere on another forum or something, that babies like pussy. What does that mean? I take it to mean, they like to emerge out of vaginas as babies, and they probably want to also enjoy sex, when they grow up and marry. All the more reason to welcome people to enjoy having possibly naturally large families.

The people that reproduce like rabbits are usually the most poor. That's is a statistical fact. People must have a number of kids that they can sustain.
That way of thinking of Christians , Jews , Muslims and others only contribute to the increase of poverty. Those religions are very dangerous.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The people that reproduce like rabbits are usually the most poor. That's is a statistical fact. People must have a number of kids that they can sustain.
That way of thinking of Christians , Jews , Muslims and others only contribute to the increase of poverty. Those religions are very dangerous.

Supposedly, poor people have the least reason not to reproduce, for they say of poor people that children are their only wealth. But more well-to-do people also often find great reasons to have children too.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Supposedly, poor people have the least reason not to reproduce, for they say of poor people that children are their only wealth. But more well-to-do people also often find great reasons to have children too.
Yes and those millions of children of poor people dont have something to eat and cant have medicines tu cure them when they are sick.:confused::confused::mad: The suffering of so many poor children really has to stop.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You might blame the Catholic Church for overpopulating the world....being against birth control as they are

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You might blame the Catholic Church for overpopulating the world....being against birth control as they are

The Catholic Church , Orthodox Church and many Protestant Churches .

Also Muslims , Jews and others religions are against birth control .

B_Trues

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
what about the soaring high muslim birthrate, this due to the Islamic countries treating woman baby making machinery?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Estimates of the number of human beings who have ever lived on Earth constitute an extremely large range ..... Many of the more robust estimates fall into the range of 90 to 110 billion humans.

I've always found a strange poetic symmetry in the fact that there is (approximately) one star in our galaxy for every person who has ever lived.

I wonder if that correlation holds true for other civilisations?

Media
The world is hugely overpopulated.
Global warming is real -- and even if we don't add another gram of carbon to the atmosphere, we are in for devastating changes ... water shortages, problems with agriculture, inundation of lowlying oceanside cities.
This is the certain future, even if we don't increase the population.
Throughout the 1990s, our carbon production increased 1.1 percent per year.
Since the year 2000, the rate of increase has tripled ... even in the wake of the Kyoto Accord, damning reports from UN agencies, and what have you.
The poor people of the globe are going to want First World lifestyles with the attendant First World emissions of greenhouse gases.
They won't want to hear that they must deny themselves the luxury that people of the First World enjoy.
And we in the First World are not going to return to a simpler, less carbon-expending way of life.
I know I'm not saying anything original.
If I could push a button and reduce the world's population, say, by 70 or 80 percent -- I don't mean kill any particular people, but simply change the course of history so that our population had not grown to the 6.5 billion or so we have now -- I would push it in an instant.
Are we overpopulated?
Absolutely.
(Unless, once again, I'm wrong ... but we can only be wrong once on this question.)

I expected someone from NYC, New Jersey or California to say that we are overpopulated. but not someone from Canada! What do you have, something like one person for every 20 square miles. It is places like Canada that prove the earth is not even close to over population.

And back in the 14th century when almost half of England was an Iceberg, the earth warmed dramatically to the point that many icebergs melted and the ambient temperature rose to unheard of heights. Actually, that is probably where the liberal doom and gloom mantra started.

The earth goes through cycles of warming and cooling. It has done so long before we were here, and will continue to do so long after we are gone. And by then maybe Canada will have 2 people for every 20 square miles.

D

deleted15807

Mankind is nothing but a cancer. He will multiply and multiply overwhelming the host until it can no longer support life. 50 million acres a year simply disappear every year thanks to 'development'. It's not nuclear science to figure out that if the earth isn't growing with us then we and everything else face a very bleak future.

D

deleted15807

It is places like Canada that prove the earth is not even close to over population.

It doesn't take 2 people per square whatever for the environment to collapse. It's what those people consume and waste.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I expected someone from NYC, New Jersey or California to say that we are overpopulated. but not someone from Canada! What do you have, something like one person for every 20 square miles. It is places like Canada that prove the earth is not even close to over population.

And back in the 14th century when almost half of England was an Iceberg, the earth warmed dramatically to the point that many icebergs melted and the ambient temperature rose to unheard of heights. Actually, that is probably where the liberal doom and gloom mantra started.

The earth goes through cycles of warming and cooling. It has done so long before we were here, and will continue to do so long after we are gone. And by then maybe Canada will have 2 people for every 20 square miles.

We have more people than you think ... nine people per square mile ... ninety times your guess, doug (but I had to look that up myself:smile:).
Where I live is not relevant to the issue of global warming.
Much of Canada is uninhabited because it is simply inhospitable to human habitation.
Canada, moreover, will be hit quite heavily by global warming, since the northern and southern reaches of the planet will see the largest temperature increases. This may be a mixed blessing for a time, since we are currently a relatively cold country, but eventually the effects in Canada, no less than elsewhere, will be ruinous. Glacial sources of irrigation water will be reduced. Our agriculture will be badly hit. Our forests, as they dry out, will be more susceptible to fires and to insect devastation, which has already ravished the forests of British Columbia.
Canadians per capita are among the highest emitters of greenhouse gases. Sure, we have space for more people, but it would be far kinder to the Earth to drop those new souls into Gambia or maybe El Salvador.
You are absolutely correct that the Earth has gone through warming and cooling cycles before -- but there are many reasons to say this time is different. We are causing most of this warming, say several reports of the International Panel on Climate Change. Thousands of scientists are onside with this view. The oil companies, many of them, have conceded the point. And even G.W. Bush, the last man who would desert the interests of the oil conglomerates, is now coming onside.
As a point of interest: As the permafrost in Canada (and in Alaska and Russia) continues to thaw, a great deal of methane will be released, which causes far more warming than carbon dioxide.
As the Canadian forests dry out, they will become less effective as carbon sinks.
Winds over the southern oceans are increasing, churning up carbon-laden water from the depths to the surface, where they release carbon ... so they too, like the forests, are becoming less effective as carbon sinks.
The melting of the Greenland icecap is outstripping even the most pessimistic of scientific predictions. This will have a devastating effect in two ways -- it will make the Earth surface, in total, more absorbent of solar heat, and will raise sea levels to the point that many coastal cities will be submerged.
The effects are cascading, and many would continue even if we ceased to emit carbon.
But we're increasing our global carbon output, faster than ever.
Everything's moving in the wrong direction.
And all these indicators will be worsened with the addition of more carbon-consuming humans.
Therefore, among other changes, we need to have fewer humans on the planet.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mankind is nothing but a cancer. He will multiply and multiply overwhelming the host until it can no longer support life. 50 million acres a year simply disappear every year thanks to 'development'. It's not nuclear science to figure out that if the earth isn't growing with us then we and everything else face a very bleak future.
That's is true , most people seem to forget that the space of our planet is finite.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I agree. But how?
Most of my conclusions worry me.

As more of the people of the world become affluent, they will have fewer children. Trouble is, those that they have are certain to be high consumers of carbon.
I guess governments and people just have to talk up the need to have far fewer children. But I doubt they will.
So my conclusions worry me, too, Drifterwood.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Well, if we are going to take this seriously, and I think we must, then the only thing that ever works is targets.

All countries should agree to targets to reduce the per capita carbon emission, along with a population target.

Sanctions that mean something can be imposed on every country, rich and poor alike.

The stats are there for all to see, the targets would not be too difficult to work out fairly, some countries need to concentrate on population control, others on carbon usage. A case of all controlling their emissions :biggrin1: