Overreacting to 2 girls kissing

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by citygirl, Aug 11, 2005.

1. citygirl

citygirl Member

Albums:
    Hi everyone! Haven't logged on in a while, been busy. Hope I haven't missed much!

This past weekend a bunch of us were at the bar, we were all having a good time and had quite a few drinks. Anyway one of my best girlfriends and I had a friendly disagreement with 2 guy friends. We decided to make a wager, the losing gender would have to kiss each other (open mouth). Unfortunately us girls lost and I reluctantly locked lips with my girlfriend for ~ 30 seconds. I didn't think anything of it, I told my fiancee when he came by later and he was totally cool with it (though shocked in the beginning). But my girlfriend's fiancee got really upset and got thrown out of the bar. It took a few days to sort it out and some apologies but thankfully everything is ok between her and her fiancee and their friendship with me. He is Catholic and his family shuns upon that kind of stuff, he regarded the incident as cheating.

I thought it was every guy's fantasy to see 2 girls kissing, especially if 1 of them is his girlfriend. My man teases me about it all the time, and now that it happened he was so turned on he wouldn't leave me alone for the next couple nights. How do you, the guys and gals in the forum, feel about this?

2. loser_emo_kid

loser_emo_kid New Member

i personally think that two girls kissing is AWESOME

but there's always the fear that your gf becomes a lesbian.

3. citygirl

citygirl Member

Albums:

I suppose. It was a stupid thing to do and I should have never done it. I feel awful for causing a rift between my best friend and her future husband, and I feel I let my fiancee down too.

4. loser_emo_kid

loser_emo_kid New Member

It's not that big of a thing. Just don't become a lesbian

5. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Doesn't do a thing for me.

6. jonb

Gold Member

Doesn't do a thing for me.
    [post=334738]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    I knew you'd say that. But seriously, the male libido is more complicated than the stereotypes would imply.

7. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

It is interesting, though, that our culture seems to find the idea of 2 women together sexually so stimulating... ok male culture does! I don't know how many times I have made reference to my best friend and used the term "girlfriend" only to later get a "hmmm just curious about whether you and your 'friend' have ever explored any?" or something along those lines. If it wasn't so predictable, it would be funny! :p

8. loser_emo_kid

loser_emo_kid New Member

I love you Zach Galifianakis.

"How come a girl can refer to her friend as a girlfriend, and no one says anything; but when I say something like, 'me and my boyfriend are going shopping for scarves at Banana Republic,' everyone thinks I'm a gay? That's right, a gay."

9. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

I think your friend is about to marry a really uptight guy. It seems pretty obvious that the only reason you did it is because you lost a silly wager. Does she really want to marry him?

10. godiluvabig1

godiluvabig1 New Member

Ya know, I've had a similar situation happen to me...

When I was with my ex, I also had a girlfriend (who he knew about from the moment he met me cuz she was there), and he seemed fine about stuff happening between me and her until one day we got in a fight and he brought it up saying I had cheated... I was like WTF... You knew I was dating her when we met! :mad:

Of course, he got over it when I brought her over for a threesome, but some guys are just really jealous like that... It doesn't really make sense to me...

11. madame_zora

Gold Member

You know I was just thinking the same thing. I find his reaction to a casual lost bet kind of creepy. It's not like the two of you were lusting after each other, it was perfectly innocent and probably funny. The guy's an ass.

12. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I suppose. It was a stupid thing to do and I should have never done it. I feel awful for causing a rift between my best friend and her future husband, and I feel I let my fiancee down too.
    [post=334719]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    emo_kid, that sounds like a self-esteem issue to me. They kissed on a bet, and it doesn't even sound like citygirl even enjoyed it. I seriously doubt she will "become" a lesbian. If you think about it logically, if the gf is straight, there is little chance of her orientation changing. If she is not straight, better to find out now than later, eh?

Citygirl, I'm sorry that an innocent, tipsy wager struck so deeply into your friend's fiancee's insecurities. He was there, he saw the whole thing unfold, he knew it was not like you were in the foreplay stage of having sex with her. You lost the bet, you kissed. Did he not also participate in the agreement? If he lost, would he not have had to kiss the other guy? Would he have backed out of the bet if he lost? I don't really think his catholicism had as much to do with it as his own insecurities.

13. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

If anything, I'd be insanely jealous. "KISS ME DAMNIT!!!"

14. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex

nor me. in fact, I've even had two girls sitting on my lap and necking away and not even gotten slightly hard ... that said, I was trying to play scrabble at the time...

<!--QuoteBegin-DC_DEEP
    @Aug 12 2005, 11:44 AM
    emo_kid, that sounds like a self-esteem issue to me. [/quote]
    well, duh ... his username is loser_emo_kid :p

15. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

City, I don&#39;t think you should&#39;ve done it. Better yet, I think you should&#39;ve admitted that you and the other girl really wanted to win the argument just to see those guys squirm and have to kiss each other. And it&#39;s commendable that you wanted to be sporting in holding up your end of the deal, but beyond that, sounds like you didn&#39;t get much pleasure from the event...

Really simple rule here: If you want to do something, do it because doing so will make you feel good or give you an enjoyable experience. If you&#39;re going to kiss another girl, kiss her because you think she&#39;s cute and that, if you had to kiss a girl, kissing her would do something for you.

In any case, you couldn&#39;t have known how badly your friend&#39;s fiancee would freak out, so don&#39;t automatically take the blame for his reaction. He&#39;s got to sort that out on his own. You can&#39;t do it for him and you can&#39;t take it away from him. As a friend (?), just be there to listen or let him express his frustration, sadness, shock, etc., to you. Truth told, if this one li&#39;l indiscretion spells the ruin of their engagement, chances are, they probably weren&#39;t ready to get hitched in the first place, regardless of what his or her faith inform them to do.

16. Knight

Knight New Member

I&#39;m quite into that &#39;shit&#39; :D

The ex said another girl kissed her, forced herself on her apparently lol. I was pretty excited by that but then she fell out with the girl who kissed her, for some reason, and wanted her dead...crazy girl lol. Two girls kissing in front of me would be hot but I&#39;d like it more if they&#39;d kiss me...and stuff ;)

17. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

18. citygirl

citygirl Member

Albums:

You know I was just thinking the same thing. I find his reaction to a casual lost bet kind of creepy. It&#39;s not like the two of you were lusting after each other, it was perfectly innocent and probably funny. The guy&#39;s an ass.
    [post=334828]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Yes, my girlfriend&#39;s fiancee is a little uptight and defensive. I think it stems from his insecurity. He told me once that he&#39;s very insecure because she&#39;s quite attractive and he&#39;s always afraid some guy will steal her away. He&#39;s a nice guy and my girlfriend loves his ambitious nature. I&#39;ve always wondered how they match, but they do seem happy together. However I know her well enough that she is not the type to marry just because its time to have kids. Its funny, they remind me of Charlotte from Sex and the City, when she married the balding Jewish guy&#33;

19. citygirl

citygirl Member

Albums:
    emo_kid, that sounds like a self-esteem issue to me. They kissed on a bet, and it doesn&#39;t even sound like citygirl even enjoyed it. I seriously doubt she will "become" a lesbian. If you think about it logically, if the gf is straight, there is little chance of her orientation changing. If she is not straight, better to find out now than later, eh?

Citygirl, I&#39;m sorry that an innocent, tipsy wager struck so deeply into your friend&#39;s fiancee&#39;s insecurities. He was there, he saw the whole thing unfold, he knew it was not like you were in the foreplay stage of having sex with her. You lost the bet, you kissed. Did he not also participate in the agreement? If he lost, would he not have had to kiss the other guy? Would he have backed out of the bet if he lost? I don&#39;t really think his catholicism had as much to do with it as his own insecurities.
    [post=334840]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Actually neither he nor my fiancee were there when it happened, we told them about 30 min later. That&#39;s the last time I make that kind of bet, too much trouble. I don&#39;t even remember what the bet was for, I thought for sure we had won&#33;

That was the first time I kissed a girl; I was shocked at first but at the same time it felt good (but not in a sexual way). Its a very different feeling than kissing a guy, girls are more gentle. I talked it over with my girlfriend and we both felt the same way, what happened will not change the nature of our friendship.

20. citygirl

citygirl Member

Albums:
    Knight,

You keep changing your avatar, I liked your old one better&#33; You are a cute guy and from your posts you are very sensitive. A girl will be lucky to have you&#33; Hang in there, I&#39;m sure your fantasy will come true someday&#33; Maybe date some twins. :silly:

Draft saved Draft deleted