Own bed vs. strange beds

B_Jeremy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
HickBoy said:
I thought one of the secondary goals of sex in a hotel was to break a bad.

Heh, I certainly thought so. I thought that was the appeal to having sex in a place that you didn't own! You can go as wild as you want and tend to not really care what happens to your surroundings. Whereas when you're at home, in your own bed, you're very very careful to not break things, as you know you have to pay for them, instead of just checking out and forgetting it ever happened :biggrin1:

TylerDurden

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I spent a yr in the dorms at Ohio State last yr, and I'll tell ya right now - if I ever have sex on a dorm bed again it will be too soon. I did break the bed at a Y once - I went to the RNC in new york in 2004 (was a youth delagate from the community) and stayed there - and the admins there were not happy when I had to tell them about it.

In regards to my own bed....I totally concur with everyone else - I'd much rather clean my own bed over and over.

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My bed at college is nice because it's a Twin XL mattress. My bed at home is just a double. So I love my bed at college and hate my bed at home. Any strange bed is fine as long as it's long enough for me.

At 6'3" with really long legs it's hard for me to keep my feet on the bed which makes it hard to be on top and stay on the bed. Haven't found a bed yet that was high enough for me to stand during sex.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Irish said:
My bed at college is nice because it's a Twin XL mattress. My bed at home is just a double. So I love my bed at college and hate my bed at home. Any strange bed is fine as long as it's long enough for me.

At 6'3" with really long legs it's hard for me to keep my feet on the bed which makes it hard to be on top and stay on the bed. Haven't found a bed yet that was high enough for me to stand during sex.

I feel your pain. I'm 6'1" and I like to sleep with my arms stretched above my head. I have a full bed, so I sleep diagonally when I'm alone.

As for sex, I've only found one bed that's tall enough for standing up. My little brother has our old bunk beds. They have a wooden frame that comes apart in the middle to make two separate beds. The lower bunk is set really low to the ground. When they're apart, the top bunk is just the right height. We've had them literally for as long as I can remember, so I can't really point you to a brand or store to check out.

jackM50black

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gotta say, I never broke a bed or damaged one or anyhting similar. Maybe I'm just staying in hotels with better beds. The only thing I can think of is a squeaking bed. I stayed a night once at the beach in a high rise, yet cheaply built condo. Paper thin walls.... I could hear the couple next door (male + female) and their bed squeaked. So, I made sure they could hear me going at it (male + male), and our squeaky bed. I had to put up with hearing their noisy kids for hours, then I had to hear their action....so they could hear mine! :wink:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Chuck64 said:
I feel your pain. I'm 6'1" and I like to sleep with my arms stretched above my head. I have a full bed, so I sleep diagonally when I'm alone.

As for sex, I've only found one bed that's tall enough for standing up. My little brother has our old bunk beds. They have a wooden frame that comes apart in the middle to make two separate beds. The lower bunk is set really low to the ground. When they're apart, the top bunk is just the right height. We've had them literally for as long as I can remember, so I can't really point you to a brand or store to check out.

I've had a lot of sex in standing positions, but NEVER standing on a bed. Even if you succeed, standing on the mattress with a 150-pounds honey like me bouncing on your antenna makes standing a difficult matter. Even if you manage to stand upright, you have to take care not to drop, that's why this isn't a position I'm keen to try.

padlock

Just Browsing
Media
My bed is terrible... wodden frame makes me feel like i'm always going to break and go falling to the ground. The worst? Air matress when staying at a friends "guest"room. After that I think the only thing harder to have sex on would probably be a waterbed.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ClaireTalon said:
I've had a lot of sex in standing positions, but NEVER standing on a bed. Even if you succeed, standing on the mattress with a 150-pounds honey like me bouncing on your antenna makes standing a difficult matter. Even if you manage to stand upright, you have to take care not to drop, that's why this isn't a position I'm keen to try.

I assumed Irish meant standing on the ground with his partner on the edge of the bed... And yes, standing on the mattress just to change a light bulb is a challenge. Sex would be impossible.

PILEDRIVER

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've Recently Just Got My Bed Made, I Designed It My Self. It Was Quite Expensive Condsidering That All Has Given More So Far Than You Can Bargain For. It Has A Black/grey Marble Carbon Frame, Furturistic Yet Extremly Stylish, It Has Swoops And Curves Like No Other. It Has Autehntic Granite Touches.

You Might Be Asking Isnt Granite And Marble Fuckin Cold In The Winter Months, Yes It Is But I Have Got Internal Heaters Fitted In To The Frame And Matress To Keep Me Warm. It Also Has A Massager System. You Can Even Have The Density Of The Matress Change At The Touch Of The Button, So I Can Have Hard When Wer Fucking And Soft When Wer Sleeping

Is It Any Good? Hell Yes It Is ... For Fuckin On And For Sleepin On. Its The Best Bed Ever, Even Hotels Dont Have This Kinda Stuff.

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Chuck64 said:
I assumed Irish meant standing on the ground with his partner on the edge of the bed... And yes, standing on the mattress just to change a light bulb is a challenge. Sex would be impossible.
Exactly. It would be nice to be able to stand on the ground while she's on the bed. And I've never stood on a bed to change a lightbulb... I can place my hand flat against an 8' ceiling so that seems a little unnecessary.

Once again, Piledriver's post hurts my eyes.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Chuck64 said:

Wait! I know this one! How many people having sex does it take to change a light-bulb?

Who cares?:smile:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RideRocket said:
Wait! I know this one! How many people having sex does it take to change a light-bulb?

Who cares?:smile:

How many pagans does it take to change a lightbulb? - None. They're living in eternal darkness. How many marines? - Five. One's holding the bulb, four are holding the chair he's standing on and turn it.

Excuse my misunderstanding, Irish. I had the funny image of a guy standing on his bed with a woman holding on to him for dear life while he is busy pumping her, it SEEMED improbable to me, but who knows what artists have already gone to work on this problem. Just unlike the majority of the replying members, if I break something having sex, I want it on my own terrain. Mostly because of the memories, whenever I have sex in the new bed, I can exactly remember what lead to the purchase of it ;-)

10inchPlus60

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ClaireTalon said:
I just come back from a two weeks business trip to Montana, and was lodged at a company appartment, and once again had to find out that there's nothing like your own bed to have sex in. Okay, it was great to have sex at all, I'd not have guessed that I would, but, things happen. Is it me being traumatized by having broken one BOQ bed, or is it a general feeling that sex in a strange, especially a hotel/motel bed, feels different than in your own?

With strange beds I'm usually very worried to break them. When I have an orgasm and it's caused by good sex, I tend to lose control over my physical actions, the banging and moves make the bed thump against the wall (at least), and once even broke it. It's also a fact that hotel beds only provide you with good mattresses if you go to expensive set-ups.

As for my last sex, we put the mattress on the floor to save the bed, but there it's something completely different, you find no comfortable position on a mattress that's lying on the floor, and always are distracted during sex. Well, it was a great thing that there are other things to have sex at, tables, chairs, shower...

A PS: I am not talking about masturbation here!!
WOW.....will you let me tag along on your next BUSINESS TRIP...I would be willing to pick up the tab for a good head-board banging time...

I would agree with you and others that there is nothing quite like sleeping ( or making love ) in one's own bed...you did not mention whether you sleep in a twin, full, queen, or king....My home bed is queen size with an air flotation system that allows me to adjust the firmness....softer settings for lounging and sleeping .... firmer settings for head-board banging....it affords me plenty of living space whether I am sleeping by myself or with a partner....

Have you ever considered a night of lust at a Bed-n-Breakfast.....???? I found it possible to have a comfortable night in bed....some B-n-B's even have older metal framed beds and coil mattresses that will resist breakage...I have even found one or two B-n-B's that had in room spas or hot tubs to relax in before engaging in sex or sleep...There are lots of B-n-B websites on the Internet....some even have pictures of the rooms, etc...

I would not go so far as pulling the mattress off of the bed to save it....
:biggrin1:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ClaireTalon said:
I just come back from a two weeks business trip to Montana, and was lodged at a company appartment, and once again had to find out that there's nothing like your own bed to have sex in. Okay, it was great to have sex at all, I'd not have guessed that I would, but, things happen. Is it me being traumatized by having broken one BOQ bed, or is it a general feeling that sex in a strange, especially a hotel/motel bed, feels different than in your own?

Oh, dig it, hostel, hotel, motel, etc., never compare to my own bed. As for concern over breaking them, well, if they do break, that means the proprietor has to replace it, and you're right about the quality of beds with different places. Some have good beds, then again the rat poor places probably haven't replaced them in 40 yrs.