P90X...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Rob_81, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Rob_81

Rob_81 New Member

Hey ladies and gents. I have a simple question, P90X, we've heard of it. Does it work? Is it worth the 130 US Dollars it costs? I am a runner, but unfortunately, running doesn't give much muscle growth, it just makes me littler LOL. Has anyone here used it and does it work, I've been wanting to try it but want to get a real opinion first. Thanks, peeps! :smile:

2. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    One of my roommates has a generic (I think) version of it, and he seems to like it.

3. D_Cam_Cunnon

D_Cam_Cunnon New Member

It really depends on what your goals are. I downloaded the entire series from limewire and just picked out some exercises that I like and use with clients. The program is geared towards losing some weight and getting "ripped." If you are an athlete and want to train functional movement patterns then this will not be the program for you.

My advice to most people who just want to stay in relatively good shape is to try different things and mix it up with a combo of stuff that you enjoy doing. The key is to be doing SOMETHING on a regular basis. Even though I'm not a huge fan of following the entire program to the T, it is an upbeat and motivating watch. If you need to build muscle cause you're a runner then you should be doing a fair amount of low rep weight training (especially if you're hyper mobile). Good luck!

4. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Instead of buying it, could you check it out of a local library first to see if you like it?

5. King_ding_a_ling

King_ding_a_ling New Member

Albums:
    Try Crossfit, I have been doing this for a year (on and off, I have had some things interrupt in my life) and I have never felt more healthy. If you combine this with a Paleo diet it's amazing

6. Serial Kisser

Serial Kisser Well-Known Member

7. D_Portelay Porquesword

I have the whole set so I am going to delve into them this week.

8. Serial Kisser

I'm thinking about buying it, but I have commitment issues.

9. Daisy

Gold Member

It works if you do it. but doing it is VERY hard. They make it look easy but it's a lot of movement your body isn't used to doing. Lots of hopping and bending and jumping and good old fashioned pull ups. If you're not afraid of hard work, and you can power through the painful parts then try it. I prefer going to the gym myself, it's too hard for me to push myself that hard at home and keep going.

10. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm in the same boat. There was one period in my life, when I lived alone, was single (and extra-motivated to look good), had a full set of exercise equipment at home, as well as a pool in the back yard. I worked that scenario well, and got in the best shape of my life. But that seems to have been a one-off. Anymore, I'm hopeless unless I can haul myself to the gym.

And, the "fad" workouts aren't for me. I know what to do to get fit. It's a matter of doing it, and doing it consistently.

11. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have the set as well. I cannot do it with my back in the condition it's in.
    I started with the stretches and warmups and my back popped in so many different ways I had to stop before I did some serious damage.

They warn you up front - this is an advanced type of workout.
    I would not recommend it for beginners or folks that haven't worked out in a while.

It does work. A co-worker hopps himself up on pain killers and goes to town on it. He's lost about 20 lbs so far.

It's intense and for the Flexible and agile.

12. Serial Kisser

Well, I'm pretty flexible and agile, i just lack a lot of strength. I do exercise about four days a week, but I need something that is going to really work.

Draft saved Draft deleted