Padded cycling shorts for hung guys?

flnkdguy

Experimental Member
Media
I ride my bike 3-4 days a week and wear padded-seat lycra cycling shorts. The real problem is comfort...it's almost like they expect you to detach your penis when you go riding. :eek: There's just no room...I'm getting really tired of tired of having to adjust stuff or keep my balls from getting crunched. I know they make other kinds of lycra shorts for the gym or whatever that have a little bit of a pouch in them...but I can't find anything like that in cycling shorts. The lycra doesn't hide much anyway if you're a bigger guy, so a pouched front or whatever isn't going to make it any worse.

Does anybody make cycling shorts that are easier on the anatomy? :confused:

johnson1000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i cycle every day covering about 2000 mile plus per year and i cant find anything worth buying, they just dont think about or solve this problem. i find that seats with a hole in are very comfortable on long ride but comfortable shorts are hard to find. especially ones that position your parts in a good position.

modulo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I ride my bike 3-4 days a week and wear padded-seat lycra cycling shorts. The real problem is comfort...it's almost like they expect you to detach your penis when you go riding. :eek: There's just no room...I'm getting really tired of tired of having to adjust stuff or keep my balls from getting crunched. I know they make other kinds of lycra shorts for the gym or whatever that have a little bit of a pouch in them...but I can't find anything like that in cycling shorts. The lycra doesn't hide much anyway if you're a bigger guy, so a pouched front or whatever isn't going to make it any worse.

Does anybody make cycling shorts that are easier on the anatomy? :confused:

Sounds like your shorts might be a little too small. While they should fit snugly, if they're too tight they will bind and pinch. Have you tried sizing-up? In other words if you normally wear a medium, try going up to a large. Keep in mind too that different manufacturers cut fabric from different patterns despite what the size on the tag reads. This is especially true for the Italian brands (e.g., Nalini, they can run up to 3 sizes smaller compared to others). The best way to really get an idea is to try on different brands in different sizes and you might just find one that's comfortable enough. Most bike shops have fitting rooms where you can try before you buy. The reason I'm pushing bike shops is the big national retail sporting good stores (I won't mention them but they're as prolific as W**-M**t) carry cheaply-made and less than technical garments :mad: that I would never buy regardless of the price. Brands to try are Pearl Izumi, Etxe Ondo, and even store brands such as Performance or Nashbar (although I don't think Nashbar has many retail stores outside of Colorado).

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I average 75 miles per week on my bike. When I bought my new road bike 2 years ago, the first thing I upgraded was the seat. I bought Pearl Izumi cycling shorts and sized up as modulo noted above so the shorts wouldn't be too tight. It's the nature of lycra to fit snuggly. When I do long rides, I have to wear cycling shorts, but for shorter rides (20 miles or less), I get by wearing mesh gym shorts with boxers. It feels better to me not to be squished.

B_dick20

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I use shorts from AGU. Most of them have a soft lycra. I put always mine balls at one site and mine penis up wenn cycling. Wenn I stop cycling I put mine penis down at the site of the balls. The shitt then is the verry prominent bulge, but other wise wenn the penis up and walking the thing falls down. So that shows also bad.

boukoutla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Don't you miss the old days when guys would wear speedos instead of shorts nowadays? We miss those colorful bulges on the beach!

flnkdguy

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks for all the comments!

I've tried sizing up the shorts, but it doesn't seem to help a lot. Sometimes it's worse because my stuff has more room to move around...in a bad way.

Somebody suggested Triathlon shorts. Speedo makes padded tri shorts that don't have a center seam in front (kind of like a v seam), they look promising as far as having more stretch in the right places.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I also do a lot of cycling and hate the padded shorts. That padding is worthless and just seems to make things more uncomfortable. You get used to not having the padding pretty quickly and will never go back to the padded shorts.I quit wearing them and just wear the speedo type long shorts without the padding. They are also a fraction of the cost of padded biking shorts. They work great for me, and are way more comfortable.