Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Is anyone else having issues on mobile where many pages (especially any pages containing pics or vids) just end up timing out constantly?

I used to have this problem relatively seldom if a thread page was perhaps overclocked with videos, but that was it. Now, it seems every thread I open with any media on it just fails to load and ends up timing out. This has only just recently begun to happen within the past few days. And, it’s very frustrating because I’m barely able to do anything on this site now because of this issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Reactions: Inkedversla

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Try rebooting your device. That solved the problem for me.

Inkedversla

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’m also having this issue. Will add that sometimes I’m unable to click on anything on the page only being able to scroll up/down but half of the page only loaded with content. I also noticed a few times (seems to be at random) the lock icon in the url bar will sometimes show unlocked, my best guess meaning unsecured. My attempt at resolving this have been to force restart my device, completely shut off then turn on, troubleshoot my network hardware, and force quit or restart my web browser. But seems to remain.

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
We found the cause of this and it is something to do with Twitter Embeds. This is something that is on their end (Twitter), and there is nothing we can do about it until they update their code. We'll continue monitoring the situation and update accordingly.

In the meantime it's probably a good idea to make sure that your OS / Browser / Other software updates are all up to date.

Inkedversla

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We found the cause of this and it is something to do with Twitter Embeds. This is something that is on their end (Twitter), and there is nothing we can do about it until they update their code. We'll continue monitoring the situation and update accordingly.

In the meantime it's probably a good idea to make sure that your OS / Browser / Other software updates are all up to date.
Oh that’s good news, well for me at least I thought I was probably dealing with some type of virus or malware. So in that sense what a relief. Couldn’t agree more with staying on top of software updates! I’ll start praying to the GAWDS that Twitter gets their shit together for all of us. Thanks for the quick reply by the way. Fingers crossed this resolves soon

Reactions: Squirrel1