Paging Mr Sharpton, Paging Mr Jackson

Discussion in 'Politics' started by faceking, Sep 15, 2009.

1. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
  2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    This was not a racial incident. It's a school bus altercation involving very mundane bullying.

Andrew Sullivan has all the dirt here.

3. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

How do you know it wasn't a racial incident? I think a LOT more of an investigation needs to be done, and I agree that Sharpton and Jackson should be on TV denouncing this despicable HATE CRIME. I suspect if the racial roles were reversed, Obama would have made a statement about it - he seems to like to comment on legal matters, i.e. Prof. vs. cop.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

He knows more about racial issues than you, Mr. "I'm intimidated by two black men in military garb". :rolleyes:

5. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

Ooh.. is someone crying "wolf".. I mean "racist" again.... the term racist is becoming meaningless. Use it some more... you are just cheapening it.

Save it for former Klansmen like Robert Byrd (D)

6. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know it's not a racial incident because I read the St Louis Post-Dispatch's story as it appeared online. As you can see in the section quoted below, neither the police Captain responsible for any prosecution nor the 16-year old victim feel the incident has a racial quality. I'm gonna go with them on this.

7. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

We'll see how it turns out.

8. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    If VB were from West Virginia and consistently voting to re-elect Sen Byrd (who in my opinion should have retired decades ago) then your impotent thrashing might have a point, Skippy. As he's from Boston and living in NYC, your attempt is meaningless.

Notice that you and Faceking are in good company in labeling this a racial incident, right there with Rush Limbaugh and Michelle Malkin. Keep it classy, guys.

9. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    If the kid who was bullied doesn't think it was over anything other than a seat on the school bus, it's not gonna go anywhere.

Just admit to having helped sponsor the racism element in this tawdry little story and we'll all be done with it.

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I'm not calling "wolf".
    I'm holding you accountable for your ignorance on racial issues. And if needed, we can review.

11. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

D_Mylor Mentallydaft Account Disabled

of course they know more, Dr,King DIED in jesse's arm... when jesse was 10 miles away........

you know i love banter and back and forth with you so i'll look up and highlight anything race related as a research assisant...... but you have to agree to never refer to jesse and all by those names any more

from now on they are known as......
    Race profiteer mutt
    &
    Race profiteer jeff

12. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is beyond pathetic, and that should be considered a compliment. You don't even know if the incident was race-motivated, but the suffering of these teens is a mere pawn in your "Blacks do it too" campaign. You really don't have anything better to do?

So, are you doing anything to resolve school bullying? Probably not. Continue your miserable internet tirade, I just re-upped on popcorn and tabasco sauce.

13. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Uh Bbucko, just to clear up the info, it was the witness who felt it wasn't racial, not the victim.

14. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

As I wrote before, we'll have to see how it pans out. I still haven't heard audio of the incident.

15. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Quite right. I read it in haste the first time and the idea just stuck in my head. I appreciate the correction: thanks.

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

By all means, dear...
    I don't look at the concept of racism through smokescreens such as "Democrat vs. Republican" or "Liberal vs. Conservative". I know that these kind of attitudes cross both parties regardless if my beliefs regarding civil rights side with one side more than the other. It's all about INDIVIDUALISM with me. I don't need Jesse, Al, Jeremiah or anyone trying to tell me what the problem is. My post history on the subject matter represents that. And yes, I know the difference between a joke, an innocent yet inaccurate observation, and a malicious attack. So act accordingly. :wink:

17. D_Mylor Mentallydaft

D_Mylor Mentallydaft Account Disabled

Your views, onions and the posts regarding them pertaining to the subject race are based on individualism? That is....a riddle you could say

I find it interesting when a person of a race (Black or White) claims to be unbiased on an issue with their race.

I also don't know what's sadder, the fact the masses don't notice there has been a steady flow of race related stories the same year a HALF black man comes out of no where to become president. Or that no one cares but seems in fact to actually take comfort in a rebirth of segregation in the modern cultural form instead of the legal but easily identified form that was abolished in the 60's.

18. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

I think the matter is as simple as Obama highlighting the divide in this country and enhancing the depth of that divide. For being from a mixed racial background, Obama has not been any sort of uniter, but has instead chosen to adopt extremely polarizing policies that have driven people to the lowest level of public discourse in a generation. The funny thing is, if Hillary was doing the same things, I truly feel that she would get the same negative reactions from the conservatives. The problem (most) conservatives have is the AGENDA - if Ronald Reagan (Rest his soul) tried to forward this exact same agenda (in some sort of bizarro world), the conservatives would be just as upset at him as they are at Obama. Why is race the only issue when much bigger things (such as the economy) are likely to bring our country to her knees?

The racism debate has everyone taking their eye off of the ball, and I hope it is not a planned tactic from the dems to distract us all while the country goes to hell in a handbasket. Liberals are looking for racism around every corner, and conservatives are trying to discredit them and spending all their time defending themselves against the charge of being racist. We need to focus on the issues. Congress needs to realize that um.. there are things roughly 800 billion times more important than Rebuking Joe Wilson. Even Barney Frank voted "present" on the Wilson rebuke resolution, saying basically "I don't have time to monitor everyone's politeness, we need to move on and work on the real issues." I thought it was a level-headed statement.

#18 Ericsson1228d, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

axlx2009: It's not a riddle, but it is about holding individuals responsible for what they say or do. It's not the entire Democratic or Republican base that is racist. That's way too simplistic of a belief. It is the ones that actually make the racist comments we need to go after.

I don't rush to demonize an entire group of people based upon the actions of one or even a few. That doesn't mean we ignore our history's past in regards to race, nor do we underestimate its ability to reappear when we least expect it. Blaming an entire political party for being racist doesn't do anything to improve our nation's situation. Also, I never said I wasn't biased. That is because it is possible to be biased without being a racist. The fact that we favor one baseball team over another, or one political party over another shows bias. But when those biases are fueled behind a hatred that provokes you to treat others who are different as inferiors then there's a problem.

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You do realize that you are actually part of the problem? Racism is not a Democrat or Republican issue, no matter how many times you've said it on this board.

Draft saved Draft deleted