Pain-free animals could take suffering out of farming

clear

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Pain-free animals could take suffering out of farming
02 September 2009 by Ewen Callaway

WITH "hormone-free", "cage-free" and "antibiotic-free" becoming common labels on our supermarket shelves, might "pain-free" be the next sticker slapped onto a rump roast?

Article here: Pain-free animals could take suffering out of farming - science-in-society - 02 September 2009 - New Scientist

As one commenter noted, "It requires an enormous amount of education to be able to believe the kind of ideas presented here."

Your thoughts?

Regards,

T.D.

Ciao-:cool:

clear

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
my momma sent me this the other day.. Oh, it is NOT a video I posted. Just read the post.
Video shows chicks ground up alive at egg hatchery - Yahoo! News

:eek:

I had no idea. And the saddest part is that I- like many others -will find it near impossible to stop eating or using eggs/egg based products. Just the thought of how many things require chickens (from food - medicine) we live with everyday, is just staggering.

Regards,

T.D.

Ciao-

Last edited:
D

deleted213967

Promising and ethically right but I still agree with one of the researchers: our massive consumption of meat, especially red meat, has far reaching implications beyond the unnecessary suffering of animals:

- It ruins our health

- It savagely depletes, on a staggering scale, what is poised to become the most precious resource on the planet: water

- It ravages the environment and aggravates the climate crisis is ways that most people cannot fathom.

D

deleted213967

I don't think grinding is that bad of a way to dispose of these unwanted male chicks. It seems to be an extremely quick death, though it looks gruesome.

Let's offer it as an alternative method of execution to the state of Texas then.

B_Mister Buildington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
That would be considered an "unusual" (as in cruel and unusual) form of punishment. Knowing that your fate was to be ground up would be unfair. These chicks obviously never see it coming.