Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I used a razor to shave the base of my penis
I was happy... no bleeding, no pain and all good

but on the next day, when I walked.. I noticed the tiny rests of the hair pain me... so I razored them again but no use,.... now they are so short that I cannot razor them more...

What should I do?
continue using the razor till the hair is gone or quit it as long as I can?

D_hfgdvb

1st Like
Media
Prepare yourself for a couple days of discomfort. There's really nothing you can do at this point. DO NOT put liquid hair remover on that area today or tomorrow! IT will hurt really, really bad! Best thing to do for now is this: Although it will likely sting a little, slather some after shave on the area and wear some cotton underwear, tight enough so that things don't move to much. Friction is your enemy right now. Just keep things in place for a few days and you will be fine once your hair starts growing back. Then you can use the hair remover cream. Sorry! Also, you might notice some small bumps around the area...these are ingrown hairs. Probably inevitable in your case, but let's keep our fingers crossed. They basically resolve themselves in a few days as well, but thorough scrubbing in the shower will help them to erupt past the outer layer of skin in which they are trapped. Hope this helps.

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
so I should use some lubes and stuff to make it pain less... and wait till it grows back?
and then get a hair remover cream?
I got no idea where you can buy something like that here in Poland

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've found that after shaving or even in your case, once you experience the sting, itch or burn, if I dab cottonwool with either tea tree or euchalyptis oil on it, (it doesn't burn, I assure you), it eases away the discomfort completely. It also antibacterial etc. properties which helps with the inflammation. In my own experience, I've done it twice and now I don't experience any discomfort when I shave in the nether regions. Be warned though that your dangly bits are feel a bit cold as a result of the oil.

Best of luck.

drgirth

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I shave every day with no problems. Use a good quality razor (I actually find that a lady's razor works best), lots of warm water and shave cream (or soap) and shave WITH the grain. Shaving against the grain gives a smoother finish but also a greater chance for pain or ingrown hairs - which may be your cause of pain. Most important, when you are done, put something on the shaved aread to close the pores. I use rubbing alcohol (yes, it stings, but I've gotten used to it), but a simple cold compress (towel soaked in cold water) works just as well. The more you shave, the less pain you will have and the less red bumps from ingrown hairs.

And never, NEVER use a depilatory (hair removal cream) anywhere near your balls. You think you are in pain now? You will have problems walking, sitting, sleeping, or just wearing any clothes for a week if you get that stuff on your balls! It takes the skin off. I know, I stupidly did it once.

ToBe

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, the skin down there is quite thin/sensitive, stuff like Nair for men (or similar depilatories) will cause great pain and redness if left on for a moment too long. Shaving with a razor is probably the safest bet.

If you want to try depilatory creams, be very conservative! Leave it on for just enough time to take the hair off (easier said then done).

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Those little short hairs can be painful little buggers. They stop stinging after a few days. Sometimes I have been too aggressive with the razor and got a rash on the base of my dick. In that case a zinc based diaper rash cream (Penetan is good) works wonders.

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
So what should I do?
I razored and the hair pains... well after taking a bath it seems not so bad, but still

Should I keep shaving till it goes away forever?

Or should I look for some hair removal cream, which I don't know where to get

Just Browsing
Media
I think I'm familiar with your discomfort. Is it mostly the hair on the sides of the base of the shaft?

My remedy is to shave around that. I keep everything pretty trim and razor the sack and move up the bottom of the shaft. Then I shave the top of the base to the point just before it meets the pubic bone.

This might give a funky kind of effect depending how far up hair grows on the sides. If that's the case, carefully shave it down to just before the point of irritation. Any irritiation I've had has happened in the same spot, so I just avoid it.

Hope that helps.

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I really don't think shaving is worth the hassle. Why not just trim. I have tried a few times to shave but always end up with a red spotty rash. Love to shave my balls though and never have any problem with that.

dickthrobbing

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Joseph what you have to bare in mind is the skin on that part of your body is not used to being shaved, it will take a bit of time to become accustomed to being shaved.

I use a Philip's Bodygroom its rechargeable and you can use it in the shower, the skin of my ball sack still feels a little sore for a few hours after shaving and I have shaved for over 5 years, the regrowth does itch after a few days it just reminds me to have a shave.

Stay with it a bit longer, try some skin moisturises or baby oil after shaving.

Even after 5 years I still love the smooth feeling :cool:

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
yeah I always wanted the Philip's Bodygroom... but Im sure it's not avaible here in Poland

But I guess I could try finding some hair removal cream... are there any good types of thsoe creams someone could call good?

vpasqual

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used a razor to shave the base of my penis
I was happy... no bleeding, no pain and all good

but on the next day, when I walked.. I noticed the tiny rests of the hair pain me... so I razored them again but no use,.... now they are so short that I cannot razor them more...

What should I do?
continue using the razor till the hair is gone or quit it as long as I can?
You want to know what helps this. Use a soap designed for excema or grandpa's tar soap. It works.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I use the Bic twin sensitive razor. It has twin blades and lubricating strips. I used to use shaving creme and would cut myself, but now I just use the razor right on the skin and I'm fine. The advantage is you can give yourself a light trim or just keep going if you like no hair at all. With shaving creme it's hard to see what you're doing and you have to keep rinsing. If you decide to go completely down to the skin that's when you have to be careful. Keep stretching the skin tightly and shave in the opposite direction that you're pulling. I also shave with the grain and against it.

Comfort Twin Sensitive Skin Shavers For Men | Bic | Walgreens

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
oh.. I oversaw the reply

Well currently after a month, all is back to normal.. short tiny hair ... no problem.. but well ... now I wonder if to try something else...

or perhaps now try it again, but razor only a small spot
or shave the whole thing and keep doing it till I get used to it...