Painful Wood

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Spirando47, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Spirando47

Spirando47 New Member

This has happened a few times over the years, but now it's becoming the norm. If I ejaculate shortly before going to bed, (to sleep!) then I'm awakened 3-4 hours later by a painful erection that takes a good while to subside. Just wondering what is going on and if this is a common experience...

Spiro

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It's afraid of the dark?

3. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    So, it doesn't go down even with a second round of masturbation? Hmmm...doesn't sound very common to me. I believe there's a condition known as priapism that features unwanted, permanent erections. I think it could be serious and you should see your doctor.

Unless it's psychosomatic. Worrying about an erection can sometimes give us one or prolong it.

Take care of yourself.

hb8

4. Max

Max New Member

It doesn't sound like priapism, which I think applies where your erection persists for an abnormal period (a couple of hours or so?) without going soft even after an orgasm or two.

Being woken up in the night by an urgent erection (even after coming before you went to sleep) is very annoying — especially if you need the extra sleep! — but it is probably just an indication that you are very highly sexed.

This has always happened to me a lot. An erection in these circumstances (when you have come recently) can be a little painful. Maybe it is because the skin is still tender, or it could be because your erection is a bit bigger and more urgent than usual.

But if you get an erection that simply won't quit, whatever satisfaction you try to give it, that in my view is the time to get a medical opinion.

5. Spirando47

Spirando47 New Member

A second round never occurred to me. When my stuff hurts, that's one of the last things I think about. Good idea to give it a try though.
    My primary care doctor would just send me to the local urologist. The uro. is a major dutz. (My best friend, also a doctor but in another specialty, agrees with me on that.) There is a major medical center about 2 hours away... that is kind of why I wanted to see if anyone else experiences the same thing before searching out a competant doctor.

The rule of thumb is to call a doctor if it persists more than 4 hours.

Confirmation that it also happens to others is what I was hoping for. Thank you. So there are at least two of us. Any others?

6. Bananaman

Bananaman New Member

Yeah, Spirando, I'm a member of the club too. If I wake up during the night it's 90% sure that I'm going to be hard, regardless of previous sexual activity. In the morning it's the same thing. I can't say for sure if I'm harder than usual when I've had sex before going to sleep, but it's possible. I guess I'm just used to it & tend to ignore it. FYI, I'm 45 yrs. old, and I've always been that way, so it's definitely normal for me.

B-man

7. Spirando47

Spirando47 New Member

Thanks B-man. I don't mind waking up hard (kinda like it actually) and I know that is within the realm of normalcy. It is when the stiffy hurts that I question. The pain isn't unbearable or anything, but it is definite, (enough that I don't want to jack) annoying, and keeps me awake. The erections I have when I wake up in the night are pain free as long as I haven't ejaculated a few hours earlier.

8. steve319

Gold Member

Spiro, I've certainly had times when I would wake up with a slightly painful and very pronounced erection, often after having masturbated before going to sleep. I've always attributed it to going to sleep in a highly sexualized state--influencing my dreams through that intense experience.

And I think I know exactly what you mean when you say it feels too uncomfortable to go for a second round. Something that has worked for me now and then is to get up, soak a towel in warm water, and wrap that around my erection for a few minutes. It's been good for reducing the tenderness and pain and made it easier to go for a second jacking session.

If you're not using lube for the second round, you might consider it as well. Might make for less "wear and tear" on your cock.

Let us know how you get along, man. :hug:

9. Imported

Gold Member

bzyrch:
    This happens to me too. If I go to bed with sex in my head I'll invariably wake up with the hardest of hardons the next morning. I think that coupled with the usual full bladder in the morning can make for an uncomfy cock.

Draft saved Draft deleted