Pakistani militant claims US shooting

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
An 'interesting' wrinkle ...

"Militant leader Baituallah Mehsud said: "I accept resonsibility. They were my men. I gave them orders in reaction to U.S. drone attacks."

There was no immediate response from the US authorities on the truth of the claim."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...for-New-York-shootout/articleshow/4358485.cmshttp://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090404/twl-pakistani-militant-claims-us-shootin-41f21e0.html

Another terrible incident whatever the motivation. But a terrorist attack? ... something doesn't ring 'true' here.

Meshud recently made a statement promising an 'amazing' attack on the Whitehouse (i.e. Washington). You may have read about it here. It wasn't his first threat against the US.

Now, consider that this incident took place in New York, not Washington, Meshud refers to 'men' whereas only one 'man' was involved, that it didn't take place in a major metropolitan area - while it did target a citizenship class at an immigration centre by a vietnamese national (or so it appears).

Consider also that Meshud has previously 'claimed' responsibility for attacks (in Pakistan) that another group also 'claimed' (although there's some circumstantial evidence he was responsible) and that he has not been linked to any previous attacks outside Pakistan.

Meshud has a $5m bounty on his head, and is named as a suspect in the assassination of Benazir Bhutto in 2007, something he denies and even cut a deal with the Pakistani military a couple of years back. He's also considered a comparative 'rookie' in the field of terrorism - so may be seeking to prove his 'mettle'.

As a terroristic or political statement this hardly warrants 'amazing'. Cowardly, certainly, but amazing ... not so much. I'm just speculating here but it sounds more like revenge for being denied citizenship?

So, is his claim is the truth (possibly reflecting a poor understanding of US geography) ... or opportunistic attention seeking?

If the latter, it of course begs the question ... was the Washington threat an empty one?

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A lone, possibly vietnamese perp does not sound like an AQ spectacular to me. This propaganda may be intended for Meshud's home audience.