Paleo Diet.

I promised someone that if after 2 months it was a success I would post my findings on this diet.

On August 11th I weighed 240 lbs as of today and with the agreement of my family doctor I am 201 lbs and healthy.

The paleo diet to those who are unfamiliar with it consists of eating anything you can pick, hunt or catch. (No you cannot stalk and hunt a happy meal). Basically my diet consists of Lean meat, chicken, fish, veggies, and select dried fruits. The vast majority of carbohydrates, dairy, and processed sugars are to be cut from your eating patterns.

I also jog 2 miles a day and do several cross fit exercises which of course I worked my way up to. (I'm not claiming to be superman). It works as several other of my friends and associates who also experimented with the diet can attest.

Not saying anyone has to do it just merely highlighting my success with it. That and the weight loss adds a considerable visual increase to my penis size and increased blood flow keeps it nice and floppy or rock hard lol.

I will be posting before and after photos very soon to quell the whole pics or prove it comments I'm sure will be made once or twice.

unzipped

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Congrats.... but being 22 and jogging 2 miles per day.... cutting out carbs......is a magic formula.... kudos.... yeah, let's see how much bigger your dick looks now...

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Amazing amount of weight lost. So basically your diet was simply eating healthy using natural products?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Hmmmm, I've always been wary of the Paleo diet for a couple of reasons; firstly while I know it works (because several acquaintances have adopted it and lost weight and swear by it) I think it undoubtedly deprives the body of a large number of vital minerals and vitamins and other nutrients which if you're losing weight and attempting to get fit are pretty essential. The lack of readily available calcium is just one example. Also it seems to be the lipid-haters carb-free diet if you see what I mean, and the body both needs fats and in fact in most cases (except where a genetic propensity to the contrary exists) is relatively good at regulating the intake of them.

My other problem is with the so-called "Paleo" aspect of the diet. To begin with there's no especial evidence that our most ancient ancestors enjoyed long healthy lives, quite the opposite in fact. Even less evidence exists that they survived (and essentially that's all they did - survive) because of the diet they ate. Their diet seems to have been enough to keep them alive long enough to reproduce and pass on their genes and little else.

This being said I'm not sure I want to live on little more than a diet of survival. Life before the modern era was as Thomas Hobbes once said; short, nasty and brutish, a fact which is to a large degree born out by findings in the archaeological record and this was in no small part due to the paucity of the diet our ancestors were restricted to.

Beyond that much of what the Paleo-diet seems to consist of seems not to replicate the actual eating habits of our distant hunter-gatherer forebears. Certainly they would have relied on unprocessed carbohydrates (with very little by way of simple carbohydrates) and protein, but they also would have eaten as much fat containing foods as possible (especially when it came to their protein intake, the most highly prized parts of any prey animal would have been it's fattiest parts, including its offal and adipose tissue, or in marine gathered foods a preference for easily obtained shellfish and crustaceans) and would have been highly restricted to what was available to them both locally and seasonally. In fact if any diet comes close to replicating these restrictions it would be the macrobiotic diet with its absolute insistence that food be in season and locally available.

There's no evidence that our "paleo" ancestors did much by way of food preservation, instead they glutted themselves when there were abundances and lived off the fat stores they'd thereby built up in the leaner months of the year. Salted or otherwise cured meats, dried, fermented or preserved fruits and vegetables seem to be largely the inventions of the neolithic agricultural revolution where super-abundances of agricultural products at last became possible.

So it seems slightly peculiar to me that the restrictions of the Paleo-diet which do not replicate the primitive human diet very accurately should be recommended as the ideal diet which it's proponents claim the human body is designed to thrive on.

I think I would rather rely on a diet which while not replicating the harsh realities of life lived hundreds of thousands of years ago (or indeed a mythologised and invented version of those realities) does have a proven record of improving health and extending longevity.

Congratulations to the OP though, that's an impressive weight loss and if you're feeling good on it then kudos.

Last edited:

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Congrats Mr_Bulldog! I've tried this way of eating but I missed eating pasta, grain and particularly bread, too much to stick to it -- from a taste perspective, but also to be able to maintain regular exercise.

Have you struggled to get enough carbs to fuel your exercise regime?

All foods gave carbs in them just what I'm eating gave much lower percentages if them and I do get calcium and vitamins from the multitude from vegetables and fruits. I'm not saying that it's a perfect diet. I do feel great hunger is no longer an issue after my body acclimated to no longer stuffing myself with carbs and cheap sugars all day. And much fat has been turned to fuel.

josty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The people I have heard on the Paleo diet all drink milk, eat yogurt, or drink/eat kaffir or similar products, Hilaire. They might not be following it at its strictest. But yeah this basically works because it's a diet that eliminates basically all the bad shit we eat (processed food and simple carbs) and replace it with good stuff (fruits, vegetables, meat, and nuts).

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but losing 39 lbs in only 6-and-a-bit weeks seems like a dangerous amount.

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Congrats that it worked for you. I'd want to bring attention to the previous comment that we are all different. This is true. For my Human Genetics class last semester, I did a 10-page paper on evolutionary selection of Copy Number Variations in the Salivary Amylase gene. To sum it up, humans vary in the number of copies of this gene they have -- some people have one or two, others have up to eight or more. The number of copies corresponds to the amount of the enzyme produced -- more copies, more starch digestion in saliva.

Another interesting correlation is that people from cultures with a long history of agriculture -- specifically, raising cereal crops -- tend to have more copies of this gene, as a result of evolutionary selection for better starch digestion. Those with fewer copies of the gene leave more undigested starch reaching the small intestines, which can feed bad bacteria during infections, leading to increased mortality rate. In addition, more calories are derived from the food by those with more starch-digesting enzyme, allowing for an edge against starvation.

What this means for us today is that if you try changing your diet to one based on mostly plants (cereal grains, vegetables, legumes, etc) and happen to be one of those with few copies of the amylase gene, you may have some trouble. For you, the diet described by the OP may be more beneficial. Aside from having your DNA checked, the only other ways to find out would be to check your primary ancestry and see if high numbers of CNV's for this gene are common or rare for your ethnicity, or to try it out and see how your body handles it. But remember, just because it worked for your friend doesn't mean it will work for you.

:)

It does work incredibly well for mr and others but isn't for everyone. And it takes a high degree of drive. 39 lbs in that period was a bit much though the majority of it was fat lost and some water weight. My physician ran me through a physical on Friday with a blood analysis and said I'm as healthy as ever.

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
I hadn't heard it called the paleo diet, but someone once told me that if everything you eat is either distinctly plant or animal, weight control becomes a lot easier. Together with exercise, though, it isn't a diet for me - it's a lifestyle choice, it's how I eat the vast majority of the time. And as you say, only lean meats. Mostly fish, a little chicken, virtually no red meat at all.