Paleo Diet.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Which foods do you have in mind, erratic?

Sorry, I was away IRL for a bit. Damn real world.

I know that some authors who advocate the Paleo Diet discourage people from eating tubers and legumes. While I agree that they shouldn't necessarily be staple foods, I don't see any problem with including legumes and tubers (like potatoes or yams) in my diet. That sounds more like a raw food diet to me, and there's ample evidence to suggest that homo sapiens has eaten cooked food throughout its history.

That being said, I know that the Paleo Diet is not strictly codified, and that different people disagree on what's allowed and what isn't...which is one of the things I like about it. I like to see that people are arguing back and forth, presenting different ideas and different lines of evidence, rather than strictly adhering to dogma (like the Atkins diet or some shit like that). It's one of the reasons I think the Paleo diet is more than just a "diet."

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why dried fruit? Fresh fruit would make more sense. There have more nutrients and it fills you up a lot more, which keeps your weight down.

Dried fruit draws moisture, has less starch and sugar content

Perhaps diet isn't the right way to put it. Its more of a lifestyle choice now.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Perhaps diet isn't the right way to put it. Its more of a lifestyle choice now.

That's the way I see it. There aren't a lot of diets out there that promote a whole-health sort of message the way the paleo diet does.

I don't know about you, but now I find myself gravitating toward less-processed food subconsciously. When I open the cupboards my hand goes straight to whatever is in its most "whole" form. When people want to eat out, I never order breads or pastas.

Admittedly, I've found it a bit challenging to gain weight (my goal) on the paleo diet, but that's very normal for me. The good thing is, I'm gaining the kind of weight I want.

Anyway, congratulations on your progress, Mr Bulldog and qwerty.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My only with Palso issue is the expense. I started it but realized it wasn't sustainable on our food budget. However, I definitely agree that it's a good idea to eat as clean as possible.