Palin 47%, Biden 44% in Matchup

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Rasmussen Reports

Tuesday, September 16, 2008​

Sarah Palin bests Joseph Biden 47% to 44% in a hypothetical head-to-head match-up for the presidency, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey (see crosstabs).
    Just over half of voters view both of the vice presidential candidates at least somewhat favorably, although 35% rate their opinion of Palin as Very Favorable while only 23% feel that way about Biden. -excerpt

2. B_New End

B_New End New Member

That was three days ago. I guess you missed the news, but Palin's stock tanked

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

Tanked BIG time. Biden finally posted his favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe on his web site and is enjoying a sugar rush of a "bump."

4. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Trinity is living in the past in more ways than one.

given the name... I would say at least THREE ways.

5. dreamer20

Gold Member

6. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    This graphic says it all regarding Palin's Popularity:

Attached Files:

7. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    The first debate will see it plummet even more.

"I can see Russia from my house!"

8. ostensor

ostensor Member

Albums:
    The fact that voters are so fickle scares the crap out of me. Does anyone have their own mind anymore? :eek:

9. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    Obviously not if you are a Democrat. For some weird reason, they think that lines made up by SNL writers are actual real quotes, and in some cases they think that the skit is the real characters.

You have "I can see Russia from my house" this cycle, and 8 years ago it was "Strategery". Liberals actually believe he said that, just as they will eventually believe that Palin actually said the above line. They believe Jon Stewart too which is scary because even though he has some pretty good news that is true, at least 50% of it is made-up satire.

The real problem is that most Liberals (and I mean an overwhelming majority of them) don't watch real news but instead search for what they want to hear from "false news" in blogs and Youtube in between their entertainment from Jon Stewart, SNL, and anti-American Hollywood movies (that is total fiction btw).

Too few liberals served in the military, have ever had a government job, owned their own business, etc. Instead they have spent their lives growing up learning about the world by watching liberal movies, getting "taught" in liberal universities (by liberal professors who rarely have any real-world experiences other than the very colleges that have provided their employment), then going out to the real world to work for a business whose owner (or CEO) they have never met (refered to as "the man" or "the white man"), and contiuing their education by reading about crazy conspiracy theories in blogs, watching The Daily Show, and more Hollywood.

There is nothing that ruins liberal ideology more thoroughly than a good 4 years in the military followed by a short stint working for a good small business and learning how to open your own business. I know because I used to be a far left leaning liberal until I did the above, and came to a whole lot of realizations. I was wrong and the conservatives (for the most part) were right, and I didn't want to be on the side of wrong anymore.

10. lucky8

Gold Member

We vote for president, not vice president

o, and Palin did say she could see Russia from her house. I saw it with my own eyes

11. B_New End

B_New End New Member

What a load of stupid, baseless, anecdotal bullshit.

And what Palin said about being able to see Russia from Alaska was close enough to I can see Russia from my house.

12. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Your thread is baseless and highly editorialized, but since some poor slobs might actually believe this shyte, I feel the need to rebute:

Who the hell are you talking about? You are certainly not referring to any sane, intelligent person who I know.
    Broad, sweeping generalization. Palin claimed to have foreign policy experience and said about Russia, "They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." So yes, she basically said it.

How dare those Liberals get their news from multiple sources. How irresponsible of them. They should stay at an old folks home where Fox News is playing all day.
    I was in the militia for years, and that didn't effect my political disposition at all. I think that you are implying that liberals are either lazy or unpatriotic. You are very insulting when you suggest that university profs have no real-world experiences. I guess you didn't go to college, or you would know otherwise. Democracy stemmed from these liberal schools in ancient Greece. As for 'crazy conspiracy theories', pot, kettle, black. You better put on your tin foil-lined ballcap.... they're comin' to getcha!

4 years in militia (PWOR), then went to work in a software firm of about 20 people, started my own business about 6 years ago. Still liberal.

My guess is that you:

1. Made some money and you want to keep every penny of it.
    2. Found Jesus.
    3. Found Fox News.
    Your enitre post is offensive.

13. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well rec3000, they say that anyone over 30 that is a liberal has no brain. That applies here and I'm sorry I didn't point that out.

I have never met a business owner that is also a vet that is a liberal. But then again you are Canadian and I'm not sure about your sexual orientation either. I have nothing against gays so please don't assume I do because I am conservative, but I certainly have not met many out-of-the-closet gay conservatives, regardless of business ownership or military experience.

14. lucky8

Gold Member

You're not very intelligent are you?

15. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Either that, or he's saying he doesn't get out much.

16. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gee, try to question one's intelligence but fear so much being exposed of your own stupidity that you don't even leave enough substance to even rebut. Brilliant. As short as your post was it was a total waste of bandwidth.

17. D_Tintagel_Demondong

I never assumed that you were gay; I assumed that you were an asshole. I like that guys like you think that liberals have no backbone. It makes the asswhooping that much sweeter.

18. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Don't listen to the voices in your head. There are medications to help you with that.

19. lucky8

Gold Member

Everything you have said in this thread cleary demonstrates that you aren't as "worldy" as you think. There is so much to say, but Rec pretty much covered it all.

I do have one thing to add though about your "all professors are liberal and have no experience" and "there aren't any liberal business owners." Those two statements alone show that either A) you haven't been to college or B) you don't have nearly enough experience in business to be making these claims. Every single one of my teachers this year and last year didn't and don't have teaching degrees. EVERY single one of them was either rich, retired, and sharing their knowledge for the benefit of us students, or they currently owned their own business and were also teaching on the side. It'd be pretty ignorant to think a total of 15 business teachers were all liberal, and had no experience, yet they were allowed to teach without a teaching degree. Just because you're confused about reality doesn't mean everyone who disagrees with you is liberal.

20. D_Tintagel_Demondong

But these medications are secretly designed by the commies to render Americans impotent.

It's ironic that this stratedude claimed that liberals are, "contiuing their education by reading about crazy conspiracy theories in blogs."

Btw, what did you do with the clone? Is it now a paperweight?

#20 D_Tintagel_Demondong, Sep 20, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted