Palin dau. BUN IN THE OVEN!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Jaunet, Sep 1, 2008.

1. B_Jaunet

B_Jaunet New Member

fucking born agains .. hypocrite central.

The oh so holier-than-thou "born again" no sex before marriage Sarah Palin just found out her daughter's knocked up without the benefit of marriage.

:rolleyes:

Bristol Palin's wee embarassment

Johnny must be shitting his seventy-two year old pants!!:tongue:

OH... Bristol Palin intends to marry the father and keep the baby.

Think that'll satisfy the Christian "right"? Sure... they're a constituency of situation ethics. Why not.

2. daddyknows

daddyknows New Member

Albums:
    oops...

3. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I fail to see the hypocrisy...it's her daughter who made an individual choice. Unless you think it proper for her daughter to march hand in step with her mom's beliefs. Her daughter's beliefs on premarital sex don't necessarily reflect her mother's. If you think they should, and her "straying" and thinking for herself is hypocrisy, than you my friend are a failure of a liberal.

At least this kills the rumors that Palin actually covered up her daughter's pregnancy. With DailyKos et al condemning negative campaigning against Obama while spewing what was nothing more than tabloid quality garbage, they were acting far more hypocritical than Palin...who didn't actually do anything here.

#3 Qua, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  4. Notaguru2

Gold Member

#4 Notaguru2, Sep 1, 2008
  5. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Doubt it...Obama may try to use this to his advantage and get rejected!
    McCain already made him look stupid...the liberal bloggers can't even get their shocking story right! And since when is keeping a baby a bad thing for The Right?

6. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Already know where this post was going.

Last I checked she doesn't run a platform on no pre-marital sex.

You're elation is laughable. McCain knew, they purposely released on Labor Day... and with Gustav in tow.

Well put.

Once again... just like the left doesn't (and shouldn't) go on the inexperience card... on morals, shall we revisit Rev Wright?

7. Pitbull

Gold Member

Pregnancy math.

If Bristol Palin (Gov. Sarah Palin's daughter) is 5 months pregnant,
    and
    Trig Palin is 4 months old,
    She could not be the mother of Trig, since it would have been impossible for her to become pregnant while 7 months pregnant.

See the thread on BabyGate - that rumor is now old news.

8. faceking

Albums:
    You are forgetting about the evil power of Dick Cheny, Halliburton and Diebold. They can do anything, and anything they want.

9. mickstl

mickstl New Member

Albums:
    Don't most libs WANT young girls to get knocked? I would have thought this would have upped their standing w/the Obamaniacs...

10. Principessa

Gold Member

I admit I jumped on the Babygate rumormill a little too quickly in the other thread. I was wrong, I stand corrected. :redface:

However, this latest news of her daughters actual pregnancy has been handled with aplomb. As a moderate Democrat, I have no problem with VP elect Palin's statement. As a matter of fact it is pretty similar to how I thought she should have handled babygate had it been true.

Neither McCain nor his supporters should be shittin' their collective pants. Bristol's pregnancy could be the thing that lets them beat Barack. Who among you parents hasn't had a child do something you wish they hadn't; but you still love them?

FWIW - I'd be more impressed if she weren't getting married. Teen pregnancys are pretty common place these days; but a teen marriage is just asking to be divorced by 21. :frown1: There really is no reason for it. I wish them well but I wonder how much adult influence there was for that decision.

#10 Principessa, Sep 1, 2008
  11. transformer_99

Gold Member

There's an even bigger story or message behind this one. How about the 5 month cover up where the daughter goes to High School, being out of school with mono ? Now, it's a matter of hidden issues, lies about those issues and the message it sends High School aged minors. Bristol the daughter, she's 17, not 19-24. Let's be fair and impartial about it and not say it's OK, sh*t happens, because this is every parent's biggest nightmare and we all know it, Republican, Democrat or whatever. I'm transformer_99 and I don't approve of this message ! Here's clearly a case where privilege effects the quality of the teen pregnancy. It's a problem for sure, let's not sweep these under the rug and act like it doesn't happen, but for the potential future leadership of this nation to be caught up in it, in my opinion, it s*cks.

12. mickstl

mickstl New Member

Albums:
    Oh, if the original "Babygate" had been the case (faking/lying, etc.) that would have been a deal breaker.

The girl being knocked and having it is not.

13. faceking

Albums:
    Should McCain/Palin win.... that means circa election we'll get some photo ops... and daughter with offspring in tow (if she has mum's rack to begin with) will be busting out in some outfit at some point.

[the pervert in me ensues]

14. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Faceking.

15. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I'm confused - by using this phrase are you implying the Republicans have, in yuor opinion at least, won already? Or do you perhaps mean 'prospective VP Palin'?

'VP elect' would mean that she was definitely going to be VP and merely waiting for the Bush / Cheney admin to be officially over and the swearing in ceremony to take place.

16. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

You know, these issues might be handled differently if there were an allowance of real sex education in this country. I admit that in my day that there were a few too many slides of sex organs afflicted with venereal and sexually transmitted disease, but I struggle to think where teens can go if caught in a situation like this. Where can teens go if they find themselves in relationship and are aware of urges about being physically intimate with their boyfriends and girlfriends? I admit that the quick and easy response is to say "no," and maybe put some bullshit promise ring on one's finger, but apparently Bristol didn't get the message.

"She's keeping the baby and wants to get married to the father" is all fine and well, but for Palin to say that would assume that her situation applies to everyone else having children and feeling unprepared for it. The Palins have a familial and economical security blanket already prepped and warmed. Bristol can marry the father and maybe she wants to be a homemaker, but if she wants to go to college, there are two families in play that can ease childrearing responsibilities. Contrast that with someone within lower SES groups. True, they might have some supportive family members in play, but that extra mouth to feed accurately strikes them in a way that it doesn't some pro-baby, pre-privileged lot would. Maybe the teen mother has to get right back to work, or maybe being sick and on pregnancy leave made her that much more replaceable at her place of work. Or maybe she's on her own.

Either way, she's getting a golf clap from me. I applaud any family rallying around a situation like this, but I think it's going to be served more as a political ploy than anything. I can imagine bark-happy conservatives pointing to Palin and saying that the pregnancy/marriage worked for her (in that specific situation), then it should work for everyone and fuck family rights, promoting higher-quality family leave, neonatal care, etc., etc.

17. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

The hypocrisy is that CHRISTIANS and many other religions expect their children to follow the same religion and religious rules as themselves.

If they didn't then the world would be ideal; children would be left to make up their own minds.

In the current world, parents make up their children's minds for them. On circumcison, on religion, etc.

18. transformer_99

Gold Member

Exactly, this is a privileged teen pregnancy, it is clearly the wrong message being sent. Regardless of Palin's political record, does it really show that she's stretched beyond her limits, between career and family ? One obviously suffered at the expense of the other. Gee, wouldn't it be nice if we could all carry on as irresponsibly and have parents that will pick up the tab, perhaps those that will even find a way to pass on the expense/burden on the rest of society. Down's Syndrome child from the Mom and now the unwanted teen pregnancy from the daughter. What a fucked up mess and now they want America to vote in favor on the dilemna of the self inflicted problems ? I'd have a heart about it, but I'm not amused at this, not one bit. This is supposed to be about resolving issues to make America better, not piling more on the rest of us !

#18 transformer_99, Sep 1, 2008
  19. thirteenbyseven

Gold Member

This entire 2008 presidential race is like a bad episode of Twilight Zone. First McCain trots out Sarah Palin who looks like a shorter, slightly hotter version of Tampa's mayor Pam Iorio and presents her- with a straight face- as Margaret Thatcher and Indira Gandi rolled into one. Somewhere in the great hereafter former President (and General) Dwight D. Eisenhower, along with any other deceased resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. must be rolling in their collective graves around this time. And now this farce.

I just want to see how the McCain and Republicans are going to spin this news into something wildly favorable. Bristol Palin was bounced up at either age 16 or 17 by some kid name Levi. No wait...Levi!! You mean to tell me that somewhere in all those glaciers among all those eskimos, Sara Palin's daughter managed to have sex with a guy with the Jewish name of Levi? The neocons are going to sleep well tonight. Foreign aid to Israel will continue to flow freely in a John McCain/Sarah Palin administration.

20. Flashy

Gold Member

where did Sarah Palin say people cannot have sex before marriage?

I fail to see how this young woman, who is what, 17? Is doing something so wrong...she got pregnant, is keeping the child, and is getting married...what exactly is the problem, other than your own desperate attempt to behave cruelly towards a 17 year old.

congrats to the democrats...they have finally sank to Karl Rove's levels

slinging mud at first, a child with down syndrome, second, accusing a woman of not even being the child's mother, third, attacking a non-political 17 year old, who is pregnant, has chosen to keep the child, and is getting married.

wow...

you folks should be very careful attacking this woman, her daughter, and her unborn child...

after all, getting pregnant and getting married young is in fact as bad as say, Al Gore's son getting arrested three times, or all the Kennedy kids committing all their crimes.

you are really playing with fire on this one...just make sure you do not make her out into a sympathetic figure.

kudos to the democrats...you are now, finally, equally as slimy and scummy as the republicans.

Draft saved Draft deleted