Palin Drops $75000 at Neiman Marcus

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This has been all over the news all week. I don't get it. She looks like she has been shopping the sale rack at Dress Barn and the Harve Bernard Outlet. If I had $75000 to spend at NM I would look way better than she does.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She saw Joe-Six-Pack heading in and just lost control.........

This week, campaign finance reports confirmed that the Republican National Committee spent about $150,000 on clothes for its vice presidential candidate, Sarah Palin, and her family, including $75,062 at Neiman Marcus and $49,425 at Saks Fifth Avenue in September.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/24/n...bl&ex=1224993600&en=da694ed4921c5e8b&ei=5087

Funny. That doesn't cover one room service bill for Barry and Michelle. Crystal, Syrian caviar, Iranian lobster tails....for lunch in Chicago last week!!! How much did his campaign bring in again, Sargon?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Funny. That doesn't cover one room service bill for Barry and Michelle. Crystal, Syrian caviar, Iranian lobster tails....for lunch in Chicago last week!!! How much did his campaign bring in again, Sargon?
That story was false and retracted by the NY Post (I believe that was the publication). :smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wardrobe Mysteries Linger

October 23, 2008, 1:20 pm

There are still aspects of the Republican National Committee’s shopping sprees on behalf of Gov. Sarah Palin and her family that are murky.

Some of the fashion experts consulted Wednesday, for instance, about the $150,000 in purchases that appeared on Federal Election Commission records were puzzled by where all of that money had gone, given what they had seen of Ms. Palin’s wardrobe.

Consider also the $4,902.45 charge at Atelier New York, a high-end men’s store, presumably for Ms. Palin’s husband, Todd, the famous First Dude.

Karlo Steel, an owner there, said he had gone through the store’s receipts for September, twice, and found no sales that matched that amount, nor any combination of sales that added up to the total. Because the store carries aggressively directional men’s wear, he caters to a small clientèle and knows most of his customers by name, as well as the history of their purchases.

When The Caucus called Mr. Steel back to ask him to also check August sales just in case, Mr. Steel said he found one purchase that came close to the amount in the campaign finance reports but said that he knew who that customer was and it certainly was not Mr. Palin. Neither was it Jeff Larson, the Republican consultant who showed up in campaign finance records as the one who footed the initial bill before being reimbursed by the R.N.C.

The store carries expensive cut-up T-shirts and tricky suits from avant-garde designers, like Raf Simons, Yohji Yamamoto and Ann Demeulemeester, none of whom typically create beltway-appropriate attire.

“We have no recollection of that sale and no idea what they are talking about,” Mr. Steel said.

There was similar confusion when The Caucus spoke with Jon and Wing Witthuhn, owners of Pacifier, a high-end children’s boutique in Minneapolis, where records show two charges of $98, one at Pacifier’s downtown location and another at its
store in the northeast part of the city.

Mr. Witthuhn clearly recalled one of the $98 charges because it was the night of Sept. 3, just hours before Ms. Palin’s speech at the Republican National Convention. A woman burst into his store, he recalled, saying she needed outfits for several children, including a 6-month-old boy. Mr. Witthuhn explained they did not carry clothes beyond toddler age but helped her pick out a blue-striped convertible romper by Egg Baby ($60), a matching monkey-ear hat ($32) and Trumpette baby socks ($6).

After the woman explained her shopping was related to the convention and paid with a credit card number she read off of a Blackberry, it dawned on Mr. Witthuhn that he was potentially helping to outfit one of the country’s most famous infants—Trig Palin, Ms. Palin’s youngest.

Sure enough, when Mr. Witthuhn turned on the television that night, there was Trig Palin wearing the outfit purchased at Pacifier, right down to the socks—but sans the monkey-ear hat.

But as for the other $98 charge, both Mr. Witthuhn and his wife, Wing, were stumped. After going through their receipts, Mrs. Witthuhn found another $98 purchased on Sept. 9 but it was for clothing for a 2-year-old — the Palins do not have a 2-year-old.

The purchase was a little black t-shirt featuring the Ramones, as well as a striped hoodie, a pair of pants with a tiger on it and a pair of cargo pants, all from Tea Collection.

“Sounds like somebody is using it for personal use,” Mrs. Witthuhn said.

When Republican officials were queried, they said they had no concerns about any illegitimate charges and said they considered the matter closed.

At least one mystery, however, has been solved.

The F.E.C. records showed a “Lisa L. Kine” was reimbursed for more than $2,000 in charges, including those made at Pacifier, as well as others at Macy’s, the Gap, Steinlauf & Stoller, a sewing supply store in New York, and Oshman Brothers, for “tailoring supplies.” The New York address listed traces to Lisa Kline, not Kine.

Could this be the mystery stylist for Ms. Palin?

Some blogs jumped to the conclusion that this must be Lisa Kline, the owner of several trendy boutiques in Los Angeles often frequented by celebrities, including Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.

The blog, daddytypes.com, fueled the speculation by e-mailing the Witthuhns a video of Ms. Kline, and Mr. Witthuhn said he was “pretty sure it’s her! CRAZY!!!”
Mrs. Witthuhn said today that her husband was “85 percent” sure but not 100 percent.

Calls on Wednesday by The Caucus to a business and home phone number found for the R.N.C.’s Lisa Kline in New York were not returned.
But a search of business records identifies the Los Angeles Lisa Kline as Lisa W. Kline, not L.

And Kate Diamond, a spokeswoman for Lisa Kline in Los Angeles, e-mailed that she wished she could accept the publicity from the connection but, alas, “Lisa has done no shopping for the Palins.”

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who do you think is paying for a private jet to Hawaii and back....talk about carbon footprints... shall we look at the environmental impact of the two candidates... not that I give a fuck, but given today's age... I found it NOT SURPRISINGLY odd there is no coverage on the footprint of the Obama campaign, as well as the McCain campaign (but the reason why we don't see it is the "footprint" of BO > JM... easy math, easy mainstream lefty media).

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I find this all hilarious...Hillary did the same implosion scenario started about the time when she got caught out on her lies.

Fuck, I don't give a shit how much Palin spent on her wardrobe. If it's her money, she can spend it any way she needs to. Just as long as it's not coming out of MY tax dollar.

Oh wait, I don't live in the US anymore...SPEND THE MONEY, BITCH!!!!!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Do you know who was the highest paid official was in the McCain campaign during October?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staffer. It was Amy Strozzi, Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

She was paid 22,800 dollars for the first two weeks of October.

In addition, Angela Lew, who is Ms. Palin’s traveling hair stylist, got $10,000 for “Communications Consulting” in the first half of October. Ms. Lew’s address listed in F.E.C. records traces to an Angela M. Lew in Thousands Oaks, Calif., which matches with a license issued by the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology. The board said Ms. Lew works at a salon called Hair Grove in Westlake Village, Calif. Palin was directed to the salon by none other than Cindy McCain, whose own hair stylist, Piper, works at the Hair Grove as well

So much for Sarah Six-Pack. I guess the beehive must take a helluva long time to construct.

Top Salary in McCain Camp? Palin’s Makeup Stylist

davec94

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who do you think is paying for a private jet to Hawaii and back....talk about carbon footprints... shall we look at the environmental impact of the two candidates... not that I give a fuck, but given today's age... I found it NOT SURPRISINGLY odd there is no coverage on the footprint of the Obama campaign, as well as the McCain campaign (but the reason why we don't see it is the "footprint" of BO > JM... easy math, easy mainstream lefty media).
Are you seriously scolding Obama for taking the campaign jet to see his dying grandmother and using that as a counterpoint to spending 150,000 dollars on clothes? There's no coverage because it is a pathetic comparison and for you to even suggest some sort of equivalency shows exactly how far you have stuck your head up your ass to desperately find any reason to justify your support for McCain and Palin. I have a hard time believing that you actually care about the actions the president takes and more about preserving your ideological position. Might as well blame the MSM because the direction of this campaign couldn't possibly be the personal responsibility of McCain/Palin.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not surprised by this. I've been to county fairs and catching a greased pig is hard. Putting lipstick and a full face of makeup on a pig must take incredible skill. :biggrin1:

Do you know who was the highest paid official was in the McCain campaign during October?
Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staffer. It was Amy Strozzi, Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

She was paid 22,800 dollars for the first two weeks of October.

In addition, Angela Lew, who is Ms. Palin’s traveling hair stylist, got $10,000 for “Communications Consulting” in the first half of October. Ms. Lew’s address listed in F.E.C. records traces to an Angela M. Lew in Thousands Oaks, Calif., which matches with a license issued by the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology. The board said Ms. Lew works at a salon called Hair Grove in Westlake Village, Calif. Palin was directed to the salon by none other than Cindy McCain, whose own hair stylist, Piper, works at the Hair Grove as well

So much for Sarah Six-Pack. I guess the beehive must take a helluva long time to construct.

Top Salary in McCain Camp? Palin’s Makeup Stylist

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

You should be embarrassed to treat the New York Post as a reliable source (2), but even they retracted this load of hogwash.

If I thought you believed it yourself, I'd call you an idiot. But I think you know better and are just milking the story for mileage, which makes you something far worse.

Who do you think is paying for a private jet to Hawaii and back....

So, um, use of campaign transportation to leave an actual campaign event in Indiana is . . . what's your point here?

It's nice to see the talking heads in the family-values party blast a public figure for spending time with their family. I bet if he'd flown to Hawaii to prevent Grandma from having an abortion, you'd be canonizing him now.

I found it NOT SURPRISINGLY odd there is no coverage on the footprint of the Obama campaign, as well as the McCain campaign (but the reason why we don't see it is the "footprint" of BO > JM... easy math, easy mainstream lefty media).

I'd welcome an honest comparison of the two candidates' carbon footprints. I'd agree that two years of hard campaigning by Barack Obama has indeed gone a long way towards balancing out the footprint incurred by maintaining -- what is it, seven? eight? -- homes for much longer.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The McCain/Palin ticket is getting EXACTLY what they deserved.
Do we all forget that THEY are the ones portraying themselves as the people who are more in tune with the Middle Class? The ones that are just like every other Average Joe out there? Well, if that's the case then that's how they're supposed to live. And nobody in the middle class, or working class people waste their money in these frivolous ways.

They're the ones that wanted to make this a contest about character and not the issues. They made this bed. And so, they deserve to have that scrutiny. If they didn't want their lives looked over in this fashion, they should have stuck to the political issues at hand.

D

deleted15807

They're the ones that wanted to make this a contest about character and not the issues. They made this bed. And so, they deserve to have that scrutiny. If they didn't want their lives looked over in this fashion, they should have stuck to the political issues at hand.

That's the issue. If you're going to present yourself as an ordinary hockey mom against the 'elites' in Washington and the 'liberal media' you don't drop $150k at Neimans and Saks. Last time I was at Neimans I didn't see any Joe Six Packs there.

Last edited by a moderator: