Palin likes the BBC...

2_fister

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
S

superbot

...and there was me thinking she was a fan of the British Broadcasting Corporation!!..
Wishful thinking I guess??

B_Nia88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
But you just know that there is plenty in that rabid 20% of the country that thinks she has never done anything wrong and can never do anything wrong will upon hearing that sister Sarah may have sampled the dark meat will be all "she did what!"?

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
I agree - Palin likes BBC would be better. Is this politics or etc though?

If it involves Sarah Palin it is automatically etc. "King Maker" isn't an elected office. Nor is ex-anything. Writing "books," traveling the country in a bus with your name and the constitution on the side of it, and making films during a presidential election cycle doesn't qualify either.

JSZ

2_fister

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If it involves Sarah Palin it is automatically etc. "King Maker" isn't an elected office. Nor is ex-anything. Writing "books," traveling the country in a bus with your name and the constitution on the side of it, and making films during a presidential election cycle doesn't qualify either.

JSZ

well...weather you choose to accept it or not, she IS a political figure.
I don't agree with her politics...but to act as if she isn't a political figure doesn't work.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
She's been a mayor of a town no one had ever heard of (in a state no one cares about) and a Governor of said state (a position she quit midway through) before being the Vice Presidential candidate in a race she lost. That doesn't exactly scream gravitas in my face but even if it did, that's irrelevant.

She isn't in office now and she isn't seeking office so far as we know. What she has going for her is celebrity and I would posit that with that celebrity she has as much weight and influence over the electorate as anyone one else with her level of media attention. To pretend otherwise, lend her titles she hasn't earned (I've read "King maker" three times in three different articles since the beginning of the year), and assume she has some significant pull on the Republican electorate as a whole is ridiculous.

She's not a political figure. She's a celebrity with vocal (and like a lot of celebrities who take on "issues"- uninformed) opinions. I'm not saying she's irrelevant completely but I'm done playing make believe that she speaks to some political core of this country and is an important figure in the laws and policies that govern the United States. Enough is enough.

JSZ

2_fister

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She's been a mayor of a town no one had ever heard of (in a state no one cares about) and a Governor of said state (a position she quit midway through) before being the Vice Presidential candidate in a race she lost. That doesn't exactly scream gravitas in my face but even if it did, that's irrelevant.

She isn't in office now and she isn't seeking office so far as we know. What she has going for her is celebrity and I would posit that with that celebrity she has as much weight and influence over the electorate as anyone one else with her level of media attention. To pretend otherwise, lend her titles she hasn't earned (I've read "King maker" three times in three different articles since the beginning of the year), and assume she has some significant pull on the Republican electorate as a whole is ridiculous.

She's not a political figure. She's a celebrity with vocal (and like a lot of celebrities who take on "issues"- uninformed) opinions. I'm not saying she's irrelevant completely but I'm done playing make believe that she speaks to some political core of this country and is an important figure in the laws and policies that govern the United States. Enough is enough.

JSZ

so...someone who was the VP candidate and the Governor of a state ISN'T a poltical figure? gotcha.