Palin no longer speaking for Palin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_New End, Sep 17, 2008.

1. B_New End

B_New End New Member

GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is effectively turning over questions about her record as Alaska's governor to John McCain's political campaign, part of an ambitious Republican strategy to limit any embarrassing disclosures and carefully shape her image for voters in the rest of the country.

http://news.yahoo.com/s//ap/20080917/ap_on_go_pr_wh/palin_mccain_operatives

I mean... FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!! Now she can't even answer questions about her own record!!!???

Somehow this is the libruls fault?

This is a fucking outrage. How can anybody in good conscience put this woman anywhere near the whitehouse?

#1 B_New End, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  2. midlifebear

Gold Member

But from what I understand (being far far away from the shores of the USA) she can "gut a moose." Personally, I feel sorry for moose everywhere. But it doesn't surprise me that the GOP would run interference to put the kibosh on journalists researching the truth about her past in typical Cheney-style VP arrogance.

Libby Black, who is McCain's primary campaign adviser, was and always has been a major oil industry lobbyist. However, he currently isn't a lobbyist for Big Oil because no one working for the McCain campaign is allowed to be a lobbyist. Hmm. . . . but he WAS and IS KNOWN as a BIG OIL lobbyist. I guess just quitting his previous occupation and working for the GOP makes him clean as a mountain meadow after a spring rain? Yeah. Sure. That must be it.

#2 midlifebear, Sep 17, 2008
  3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    "I can see Russia from my house"

4. Industrialsize

Albums:
    I can see russia from my house

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    That's primarily because she doesn't know what she thinks on most matters until she's been told. And she probably can't be trusted to discuss what she may or may not have done. So this is just good planning on McCain's part.

Let's all sing the refrain to The Caribou Barbie Song:

Lipstick.
    Lipstick.
    Lipstick.

#5 B_Nick8, Sep 17, 2008
  6. sargon20

Gold Member

No one with a conscience would. McCain has fallen to such a record low.

I think JR Ewing said it best: "Once you give up your integrity, the rest is easy.

7. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

hey everybody... what's the difference between GW Bush and Palin?

Lipstick.

8. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Par for the course. Don't forget the Bush White House issued press credentials to a prostitute, er, news reporter, to toss sympathetic questions to the pres and his flacks.

9. Elmer Gantry

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's gold. It's going straight to the pool room.

10. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Or, to paraphrase Lily Tomlin re: Sarah Palin, "It's not that my integrity wasn't for sale, it's just that there were no buyers."

11. Trinity

Trinity New Member

"Sen. Obama's chair in New Hampshire is a lobbyist. He lobbies for the drug companies."

Hillary Clinton on Saturday, January 5th, 2008 in a debate in Manchester, N.H. PolitFact
    Lobbyists live in Obama’s glass house

Hillary Clinton highlighted an accurate inconsistency in Barack Obama’s rhetoric and reality during the Democratic debate in New Hampshire on Jan. 5, 2008, three days ahead of the state’s primary.
    “You know, when it comes to lobbyists ... Sen. Obama’s chair in New Hampshire is a lobbyist,” Clinton said. “He lobbies for the drug companies.”

Lobbyists advise Obama campaign

Obama campaign enlists lobbyists
    Mary Jacoby | Wall Street Journal | 03.01.2008
    Sen. Barack Obama's refusal to accept donations from federal lobbyists is a centerpiece of his White House bid, but lobbyists still advise the Democratic front-runner and volunteer on his campaign, underlining the enduring connection between special interests and politicians.

Obama’s Lobbyist Connection
    By Michael Isikoff | NEWSWEEK
    From the magazine issue dated Jun 2, 2008

When Illinois utility Commonwealth Edison wanted state lawmakers to back a hefty rate hike two years ago, it took a creative lobbying approach, concocting a new outfit that seemed devoted to the public interest: Consumers Organized for Reliable Electricity, or CORE. CORE ran TV ads warning of a "California-style energy crisis" if the rate increase wasn't approved—but without disclosing the commercials were funded by Commonwealth Edison. The ad campaign provoked a brief uproar when its ties to the utility, which is owned by Exelon Corp., became known. "It's corporate money trying to hoodwink the public," the state's Democratic Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn said. What got scant notice then—but may soon get more scrutiny—is that CORE was the brainchild of ASK Public Strategies, a consulting firm whose senior partner isDavid Axelrod, now chief strategist for Barack Obama.

And last but certainly not least...

Obama tied to lobbyists, but boasts of not taking money
    By Ken Dilanian, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — Barack Obama often boasts he is "the only candidate who isn't taking a dime from Washington lobbyists," yet his fundraising team includes 38 members of law firms that were paid $138 million last year to lobby the federal government, records show.
    Those lawyers, including 10 former federal lobbyists, have pledged to raise at least $3.5 million for the Illinois senator's presidential race. Employees of their firms have given Obama's campaign $2.26 million, a USA TODAY analysis of campaign finance data shows.

Obama, The Height of Hypocrisy

12. Industrialsize

Albums:
    TRINITY the height of Hypocrisy!
    WASHINGTON — Barack Obama often boasts he is "the only candidate who isn't taking a dime from Washington lobbyists," yet his fundraising team includes 38 members of law firms that were paid $138 million last year to lobby the federal government, records show.
    Those lawyers, including 10 former federal lobbyists, have pledged to raise at least $3.5 million for the Illinois senator's presidential race. Employees of their firms have given Obama's campaign $2.26 million, a USA TODAY analysis of campaign finance data shows.

Senator obama has not taken a DIME from lobbying firms. Are you saying that private citizens are forbidden to donate to a campaign because of who tey work for.........your assertions are misleading

13. Trinity

Trinity New Member

I am saying exactly what the articles are saying...Barack Obama is hypocrital, misleading and misrepresenting the facts:

The Obama campaign is run by, advised by and funded through lobbyists and special interest contrary to what Barack Obama claims.

14. Industrialsize

Albums:
    ARE YOU DENSE WOMAN?.......Let me break it down for you......there IS a BIG difference, for example, in taking money from Mobil Oil Company and taking money from employess of mobil.....are the office staff forbidden to donate to political campaigns because of who they work for????...........Actually i don't think you are dense at all......YOU TRINITY are simply being the MISLEADING one.

and I see you've resurrected the "scary color" technique in your posts........Just because you increase the type size, make it bold, change the color doesn't make it any closer to the truth.

15. Trinity

Trinity New Member

The Articles are stating the facts clearly. Just because you refuse to get it, doesn't make it any less true.

Again, Barack Obama's campaign is run by, advised by and funded by lobbyists and special interest as the articles clearly prove.

16. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Ahem.... that was a GAY prostitute... in perfect keeping with the closeted homosexual tension that is rife in the republican party.

17. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Bullshit. Most of Obama's money comes from small, personal donations.

18. Industrialsize

Albums:
    There you go again:

Barack Obama often boasts he is "the only candidate who isn't taking a dime from Washington lobbyists," yet his fundraising team includes 38 members of law firms that were paid $138 million last year to lobby the federal government, records show.

Employees of law firms and FORMER lobbyists!........Now I think you are dense if you can';t understand the distinction

19. Trinity

Trinity New Member

LoL. Obama hopes the American people are dense because it has been reported by FactCheck.org that former lobbyists on the Obama Campaign cancel their registration to work on his campaign. They will more than likely back at it after the election.
    Among his top fundraisers are at least a few who were registered lobbyists as recently as last year, such as Alan Solomont, who says he withdrew his registration as soon as he signed on to raise money for Obama. The campaign says it is making a "best effort" to stay away from tainted money. "It isn’t a perfect solution to the problem and it isn’t even a perfect symbol,” spokesman Burton has said. - Factcheck.org

Indy, Obama's campaign is run by, advised by and funded through lobbyists and special interest contrary to what Obama claims. Obama is not being transparent on this. Obama's claims are misleading and hypocritical.

20. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Bold face does not make a post any truer........wanna talk lobbyists working for a campaign? Try John Sidney mcCain........and they are NOT FORMER lobbyists......They are actual lobbyists, doing their lobbying, while riding his bus and working for Mccain.....I would put it in bold type, but I'll let the truth speak for itself

Draft saved Draft deleted