Palin Preps for Presidential Run and in a related story Obama preps for 2nd term

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hope she tries. It would be entertaining.
I guess she just doesn't realize that she was a key factor in why McCain didn't have a chance.

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Secretly, I must admit that I really...really...want to see her run for President.

Not because I will vote for (or against) her.
Not because it may benefit one party over the other.

But just purely for the entertainment factor.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I don't think that the Republican party is that stupid. I really don't. There might be a lot of stupid people within the party, but not enough to get her the nomination.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't think that the Republican party is that stupid. I really don't. There might be a lot of stupid people within the party, but not enough to get her the nomination.

They definitely know what they're trying to do and exactly how to stir the emotional pots among their base. Bottom line, the GOP knows they need numbers to go to the polls and despite all of the negative press and polls that view her unfavorably they know people like Palin can rally the troops with just a simple tweet. The problem that presents itself now, where it didn't back in 2008, is that there are enough people who are sick of Palin who would just come out to vote just to make sure she doesn't win. It wouldn't matter if she changed her tune and promised free healthcare & tax cuts for everyone. There's been a large consensus of people who truly believed that she was plotting for a 2012 run even before the 2008 election was over. And with every step she takes it looks more and more apparent.

But to be brutally honest, the Republican base should have convinced McCain to pick Romney in 2008 for VP and got it over with. McCain/Romney would have had a more reasonable chance to win the election. Still don't know if I would have changed my mind about voting for Obama/Biden, but at least I would have been able to take the GOP candidates more seriously.

B_ErikKimber

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

In 2008, 10.8% of eligible voters participated in the Republican primaries. Primaries are typically won by well funded candidates with a loyal and motivated base of supporters they can count on showing up. While her supporters may not be the smartest in the party, they most certainly are loyal. If she can raise money and motivate her base, she has a good shot at the nomination.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
I am expecting at least three or four "tell all" books from her former staff members to begin to stir her pot more than she wants. She is not viable and what the GOP needs this time is for "John Q. Public" to sit back and let the election ride. If the average apathetic American gets mad enough after the last Palin debacle, they will show up in bus loads just to vote against her to get rid of her.

Could be entertaining either way. . . .

itsthepopei

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think she could get the nomination if Bachmann doesn't run simply because the other candidates aren't hateful enough to excite primary voters. Romney's toxic because he got 98% of his state insured, Pawlenty isn't exciting and isn't too into gay-bashing, and Huntsman is openly in favor of civil unions, isn't a young earth creationist, worked for the obama administration, and believes the earths climate is changing because of co2 emissions. Palin feeds the batshitomatic a fresh gay baby every morning and will take the early primary states in a sweep so if she runs the momentum should take her far enough to clench the nomination and insure no independent ever votes republican again.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
.................Or maybe finish the job on Gabby Gifford
Congresswoman Giffords had a bullet shot through her head at point blank range........If you thought you were being funny you were wrong. You were being crude and thoughtless.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
I hope she tries. It would be entertaining.
I guess she just doesn't realize that she was a key factor in why McCain didn't have a chance.

true.... some people can NEVER take a hint.. I would think all the Hockey Mom's should vote against her (I know I'd not like being compared to a Pit Bull).... LOL

Last edited: