Palin: She's Not Ready

D

deleted15807

Umm... maybe I missed something, but...

You do know the OP is an editorial copied from The New York Times, right?

Are you Bob Herbert, IRL?

Ha ha ha it was clear I wasn't hiding the author. Nor did I say I was. So go back and play now. And actually an 'editorial' is by the editorial staff which Bob Herbert is not of and clearly says 'Op-Ed' on the page.

Last edited by a moderator:

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Ha ha ha it was clear I wasn't hiding the author. Nor did I say I was. So go back and play now. And actually an 'editorial' is by the editorial staff which Bob Herbert is not of and clearly says 'Op-Ed' on the page.
I never said you obscured the author, however for clarity you could have linked the article itself, or at least indicated in some way that it was an OP-ed copied from the NYT in it's entirety, particularly since it was written in first person.

My beef lies with the fact that bek2335 assumed the OP was your work and you then made no move to correct her. What were you were taking credit for, exactly, assuming you aren't Bob Herbert?

sargon20, I want to compliment you on a very intelligent, well-thought-out posting.
bek2335 why thank you. i do try.

D

deleted15807

I never said you obscured the author, however for clarity you could have linked the article itself, or at least indicated in some way that it was an OP-ed copied from the NYT in it's entirety, particularly since it was written in first person.

My beef lies with the fact that bek2335 assumed the OP was your work and you then made no move to correct her. What were you were taking credit for, exactly, assuming you aren't Bob Herbert?

For all I know it wasn't the cut-and-paste it was my stellar responses afterwards in this and many other threads. :biggrin1:

You're just peeved Bob Herbert is right on the money.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah I'm sure Al Gore, the 'inventor of the internet' gets a little pissy when someone uses the internet in a different way than he designed it for.

I'm glad you pulled out the old playbook. Gore never said he invented the internet. He claimed taking financial initiative that lead to the development and progress of the internet. Even the guys that are credited with the "invention" have said Gore was technically correct in his statements.

Transcript: Vice President Gore on CNN's 'Late Edition' - March 9, 1999

More GOP lies to smear a good man and Nobel peace prize winner. Thats one award George Bush will never receive.

D

deleted15807

Wrong. I'm peeved that you're a shameless douche who blatantly took credit for something for that wasn't yours and didn't think you'd get caught doing so.

That's SO why I put his name in the title. What a whack job you are. Did you forget your lithium today? Better up the dose next time.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
That's SO why I put his name in the title.
We've been over that already. Since you refuse to answer the question at hand for which you obviously have no plausible answer, I'll just chalk it up to you being smitten by a female's attention, which is undoubtedly a rarity for you.

D

deleted15807

You assumed you assumed bek2335 was complimenting me on the OP? Did I get that right? :rolleyes: Since you do not know what she was complementing me on.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Now that you've been cornered, you're going to feign ignorance? Spare me. Others can read the thread and judge for themselves.

Beryn

Experimental Member
Media
I'm glad you pulled out the old playbook. Gore never said he invented the internet. He claimed taking financial initiative that lead to the development and progress of the internet. Even the guys that are credited with the "invention" have said Gore was technically correct in his statements.

Transcript: Vice President Gore on CNN's 'Late Edition' - March 9, 1999

More GOP lies to smear a good man and Nobel peace prize winner. Thats one award George Bush will never receive.

Please read an article before you post something that only proves yourself wrong.....copied this directly from your article above.

GORE: Well, I will be offering -- I'll be offering my vision when my campaign begins. And it will be comprehensive and sweeping. And I hope that it will be compelling enough to draw people toward it. I feel that it will be.

But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.

D

deleted15807

Now that you've been cornered, you're going to feign ignorance? Spare me. Others can read the thread and judge for themselves.

Oh I AM afraid now!! Yes you've got me on the ropes. The point of the thread is and remains 'Palin...SHE's NOT READY'. But nice diversion. Very typical.

D

deleted15807

Please read an article before you post something that only proves yourself wrong.....copied this directly from your article above.

GORE: Well, I will be offering -- I'll be offering my vision when my campaign begins. And it will be comprehensive and sweeping. And I hope that it will be compelling enough to draw people toward it. I feel that it will be.

But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.

Again this stuff is along the same strategy of slimming the candidate while skipping the issues. Being that Gore is no computer scientist the resonable person would know he did not sit down and design the architecture and protocols of the internet.

It's the current controversy of lipstick on a pig being sexist. Pa-leaze.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
original:
Oh I AM afraid now!! What do you suggest I do? I want to make this right so it will protect me from the terrorists.

post-edit:
Oh I AM afraid now!! Yes you've got me on the ropes. The point of the thread is and remains 'Palin...SHE's NOT READY'. But nice diversion. Very typical.

Man up next time and either correct the lady (bek2335 or whomever) - or - own up to your indiscretion when called on it, for the sake of what's honorable.

D

deleted15807

Anyone who's kept abreast of world politics knows the Bush Doctrine refers to preemptive strikes.

D

deleted15807

original:

post-edit:

Man up next time and either correct the lady (bek2335 or whomever) - or - own up to your indiscretion when called on it, for the sake of what's honorable.

Whatever :rolleyes:

Keep playing the player and not the ball. (Opps yes that was an edit better mark that down).

Beryn

Experimental Member
Media