Palin uses "Handprompter" during Tea Party Q&A

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I were a journalism professor I would probably hang myself with what's going on out there.

This alignment between the White House, Congress and this embarrassing liberal media has created an absolutely sickening and grotesque delivery system of outright lies and outrageous fabrications.And yet when the alignment favored Bush you had no problem.

I honestly hope there are legal ramifications for this stuff. Obama should have been impeached over a dozen times and whoever is writing the news should also face criminal charges.Impeached for what crimes? You obviously have Obama mixed up with Bush?

No wonder this country is looking at a revolution. Who would have ever thought that this great country would be led by lying criminals like Obama, Reid and Pelosi? I'd rather have Al Capone and Billy The Kid than these fucking assholes that are deliberately hoodwinking an entire nation into economic and social destruction.
This country isn't looking at a revolution. The only morons that want revolution are the whimpering, simpering, crybaby assholes that are pissed that something(the Presidency) that was always theirs(white man) is now truly possible for all Americans. Now try to explain away buzz words and phrases like " We want to take OUR country back". Even during the Republican anger towards Clinton or Carter no one used such an expression. Add this to the blatant racial images clearly visible at Tea Party gatherings and it's easy to see that the main opposition they have to Obama is race. If he were white they wouldn't be this fired up.

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
it's still about Palin,with some last minute notes in her palm...
Actually, it's about the lie that Palin and her entire entourage are selling. She didn't have "last-minute notes" written on her hand...she had the predetermined answer to a supposedly impromptu question written there.

Her entire presentation is a lie...and a laughably executed one at that. This was nothing short of an insult to the intelligence of the American public.

This has gone far past the point of amusement. Palin is window-dressing for a manipulative movement using the legitimate concerns of citizens as a sock-puppet to effect their return to power.

This country isn't looking at a revolution. The only morons that want revolution are the whimpering, simpering, crybaby assholes that are pissed that something(the Presidency) that was always theirs(white man) is now truly possible for all Americans.

Actually, I think we are...but it has nothing to do with the presidency. It's our Congress that is broken, beyond repair IMO. If the Congress itself won't enact term limits for its members, then the people will have to do it...whether by pen or by sword remains to be seen.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
See Sarah Run
Run, Sarah, Run!

No surprises. Meh.

Exactly. We all saw it coming, and everyone knew her plan was to run. Nobody quits their political job as Governor and then goes on a National tour to promote oneself without any kind of alternative motive. This just adds into what's been going on since 2008. And to think, now that she's a contributor for Fox, imagine all of the free airtime she's going to get?

Honestly... some people couldn't read the writing on the wall? She's about as discreet as a novice poker player after being dealt four aces. At least this time she can be a loser twice over because she doesn't stand a chance in winning in 2012.

Last edited:

tray22nc

Sexy Member
Media
I don't understand why the fuck its such a HUGE deal for Obama to use a teleprompter? He is the President. He isn't in office to fucking memorize an hour speech. He is there to be the leader of the nation, which he has done to this point, very well. After the complete ass rape that the Bush administration pulled on the country, I'd say that he has a pile of shit nose deep that he is doing a very good job of cleaning up. I wouldn't hire Sarah Palin to work at McDonalds, let alone run the country. Lets see....she attended how many colleges (4: Hawaii Pacific, North Idaho, University of Idaho, Matanuska-Susitna College, then BACK to the Univ. of Idaho) before she could FINALLY graduate with a degree in what? Communication with a concentration in JOURNALISM! And she has to make notes on her hands....I saw the speech, the photos nor the video are doctored. Not very successful there huh? She was on city council of Wasilla and then Mayor. When she left the office of mayor, she left the city with $20,000,000 in debt. The population of Wasilla when she left, roughly 5800 people. WTF?? Oh yeah, and she wanted to eliminate certain books at the public library that she didn't like because they conflicted with her PERSONAL religious and moral views. (although that didn't happen, she still asked for it to be done.) Then, somehow she was voted in as governor of Alaska, a job which she held less than 3 years and then quit to persue her FAME. Going from school to school and quitting rather important jobs...this isn't a candidate for any job that I would hire, least of all for the position of President. And she wants to throw stones at Obama for using a teleprompter....give me a fucking break.

OH, and Ms Palin received $100,000 for this very brief speaking engagement. Wonder where that money will go....fiscal conservative my ass.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
. . . This has gone far past the point of amusement. Palin is window-dressing for a manipulative movement using the legitimate concerns of citizens as a sock-puppet to effect their return to power. . . .
This sounds strangely familiar. Is it possible the same folks have their hands up this sock puppet's ass?

Last edited:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually, it's about the lie that Palin and her entire entourage are selling. She didn't have "last-minute notes" written on her hand...she had the predetermined answer to a supposedly impromptu question written there.

Her entire presentation is a lie...and a laughably executed one at that. This was nothing short of an insult to the intelligence of the American public.

This has gone far past the point of amusement. Palin is window-dressing for a manipulative movement using the legitimate concerns of citizens as a sock-puppet to effect their return to power.

Actually, I think we are...but it has nothing to do with the presidency. It's our Congress that is broken, beyond repair IMO. If the Congress itself won't enact term limits for its members, then the people will have to do it...whether by pen or by sword remains to be seen.

Unfortunately Congress won't police itself and initiate term limits. We tried setting limits in Florida and some legislators used a loophole in order to hold onto power. If youreach your limit in the Senate, simply run for the House and vice versa. It worked for the Diaz-Balarts.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This sounds strangely familiar. Is it possible the same folks have their hands up this sock puppets ass?
Well, at least there's one sharp knife in the new block. :wink:

Yes, I have no doubts about that at all. Do you really believe that a grass-roots movement aimed at taking the country back for the people would declare their convention to be a for-profit venue, charge $550 per head at the door, and shell out $100k to have Caribou Barbie speak? No, that's not "we, the people,"...that's more the familiar MO of another group.

Unfortunately Congress won't police itself and initiate term limits.
Hence the need for revolution.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Congress isn't the problem per se, and term limits aren't the answer. The root of the problem is the vast sums of money required to be in perpetual campaign mode. As long as special interest money, and particularly corporate money, is going into the pockets of legislators the system is corrupt and not representing the people. Unless and until we reform campaign financing we're screwed. Everything else is tinkering.
And as we know, that is now less likely than ever.

Last edited:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't understand why the fuck its such a HUGE deal for Obama to use a teleprompter? He is the President. He isn't in office to fucking memorize an hour speech. He is there to be the leader of the nation, which he has done to this point, very well.

I never understood why people raise a stink over it either.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I never understood why people raise a stink over it either.
Straw clutching, my friends. Anything they can use to discredit Obama. The folks perpetuating this are cynical liars, the people who eat it up are ignoramuses. Presidents as far back as Kennedy have used teleprompters.

Except for Bush II. He had an earpiece that piped Darth Vader's words into his head. As this was confusing for him, and he was half in the bag, they later perfected robotic implants to move his lips. Genius.

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Congress isn't the problem per se, and term limits aren't the answer. The root of the problem is the vast sums of money required to be in perpetual campaign mode.
Actually, you just explained concisely why legislative term limits are precisely the answer.

The rest of your post is about as logical as trying to solve the illegal drug "problem" by prosecuting dealers. It's simply impossible to eliminate the supply when any demand still exists.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Actually, you just explained concisely why legislative term limits are precisely the answer.

The rest of your post is about as logical as trying to solve the illegal drug "problem" by prosecuting dealers. It's simply impossible to eliminate the supply when any demand still exists.
The problem with your proposal is this. As it is now, virtually anyone trying to get elected will have to be on the take to mount any kind of effective campaign. With the recent Supreme Court decision this is magnified many times over. Corporations now have unlimited ability to buy up in advance all the airtime they want to promote their chosen candidate, effectively shutting out any alternative voices.

Outsider campaigns run on day to day donations; by the time they accrue enough there will be no ad time left to buy. Not to mention that they will be overwhelmed by essentially unlimited resources from the opposition in crafting and marketing their message. Since the public for the most part makes their decisions based on what they see on T.V., anyone not on the take may as well be screaming in the wind. Even candidates in office who resist being on the take will have to tow the line to avoid the threat of being targeted next.

People always assume that if we 'throw the bums out', better ones will take their place. I have seen more often than not where this has been tried, that at best the status quo continues in a new face, same program; or worse, the replacement bum is a huge disappointment, and the voters long for the good ol days when the termed-out bum was still in office. Reinforcing this is the fact that most districts are not that much in play to begin with. Both parties do whatever they can, gerrymandering etc., to hold onto a solid seat.

'Throw the bums out' sounds good, and it's a catchy slogan, but when you think it through logically, it makes no sense. There's something to be said for experience in office, and the personal relationships people build there. Besides, the voters already have the power to throw the bums out. The voters, at least by majority rule, can elect whomever they want to represent them, for however long they want them. But unless you eliminate the huge sums of special interest - and especially corporate money - that just ain't gonna happen.

Your last statement proves my point. If you eliminate or severley restrict the special interest money supply, even impose campaign spending limits, or dare I say, have pubic financing of campaigns at least in part - it levels the playing field. Candidates no longer need vast sums of money to mount an effective campaign, all those resources can be used for something more useful, and we no longer have to suffer through all those annoying ads come election time. The demand then disappears along with the supply. Perhaps candidates will come up with new, or even old-fashioned ways to connect with the voters and get their message out. Think about it.

Last edited:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's a great point, Cal. I wonder why the image/inscription on your video is different than the images posted in the OP.

Maybe Palin is a shape shifter. Or Green Lantern.
The video shows her sitting in a chair, reading from her palm, and later shows her extended palm with writing on it. The photographs in the OP show her standing at a podium. Are you seriously perplexed about why an image from a video of someone sitting in a chair and an image of someone standing at a podium are different? You think that the AP has been putting about altered photos in order to smear Sarah Palin. Are you going to say that the video is faked as well? That nothing was written on her palm and she was looking into it just as a way of collecting her thoughts?

If you were to take the line, "So she writes crib notes in her palm -- big fucking deal!", I could at least take you seriously. If you are going to the length of denying, in the face of the evidence, that she had notes written in her palm, I have to regard you as delusional.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The video shows her sitting in a chair, reading from her palm, and later shows her extended palm with writing on it. The photographs in the OP show her standing at a podium. Are you seriously perplexed about why an image from a video of someone sitting in a chair and an image of someone standing at a podium are different? You think that the AP has been putting about altered photos in order to smear Sarah Palin. Are you going to say that the video is faked as well? That nothing was written on her palm and she was looking into it just as a way of collecting her thoughts?

If you were to take the line, "So she writes crib notes in her palm -- big fucking deal!", I could at least take you seriously. If you are going to the length of denying, in the face of the evidence, that she had notes written in her palm, I have to regard you as delusional.

Good call again, Cal. You asked me to check my response, and posted a video. Your video was a completely different event than the OP.

Sorry. You fucked up.

Its okay. I know you are a good guy.:wink:

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
Frankly she'd be better off using cue cards to remember to pay the tax bills on her two cabins in Alaska. The hypocrisy is that she charged $100K for the Tea Party speech. The original tea partiers worked for free; they actually believed in what they were doing. Who put up the money for the "Con"vention?

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
DUH.........the still images were taken when Sarah Palin was standing at the podium during her speech and gesturing with her hands. The video shows her "referring" to the notes on her hand. They were taken at 2 different times. No shape shifting necessary. SI, I hate to break it to you, but I watch a lot of different news channels and even the REPUBLICAN talking heads admitted that Palin had crib notes on her hand while defending her right to refer to them.

Even with proof positive there are people who will not believe such proof. There is a loss of face in this issue, for StarInvestor to bow down even a inch to this show of facts. He'd rather make a fool of himself denying such facts exist.

I've seen this when people discover that the beloved Rush Limbaugh was caught with drugs obtained illegally. "He must have had a secret reason to have those drugs," one man said to me. Turn away from the truth and the facts. Faith will set you free.

Essentially, this was of minor importance until someone saw it as an attempt to smear a Republican.