Palin uses "Handprompter" during Tea Party Q&A

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
What is this right wing fascination of Obama's use of a teleprompter? Most speeches are written ahead of time. A teleprompter is a way to be able to read your speech. Last night Sarah Palin "read" her speech from note cards she had on the podium. BTW, she used a teleprompter during her republican convention speech. When Obama took questions for an HOUR from the House Republicans he didn't use a teleprompter, spoke in complete sentences, stayed on topic, and answered the questions that were asked. This is a skill Palin lacks and explains why she doesn't take questions from anyone but FOX.

Some time back there was a Fox News "story" about Obama misreading a few lines on the teleprompter, and it was titled "Does Obama rely too much on teleprompters?"

Search deep for reason to dismiss. If this is the case, Palin should be in the line of fire as well.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good call again, Cal. You asked me to check my response, and posted a video. Your video was a completely different event than the OP.

Sorry. You fucked up.

Its okay. I know you are a good guy.:wink:
You are now completely incomprehensible to me. First of all, the photos and the video are from the same event: the tea party convention on February 6. Sarah Palin spoke from a podium (in the photographs) and gave an interview while seated in a chair (in the video). Second, the video shows her reading from her palm and shows that she has something written in her palm -- a point that you have not contested. If you want to claim that the AP faked the photo that shows writing in her palm when she is standing at the podium, I will leave you to your craziness. But the whole point of the OP was that she was using crib notes written in the palm of her hand. The video proves it, and you have not offered any reason to doubt it. I cannot tell what point you are trying to make, if any.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Just watched (wretch, vomit) the C-Span video of her speech and interview. Yup, she's using the old crib note cheating method of writing down answers in the palm of her hand. Hell, if she'd just showed up with some nice 3x5 note cards I'd have been fine with that.

Don't shake hands with Sarah. You don't know where they've been!

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You are now completely incomprehensible to me. First of all, the photos and the video are from the same event: the tea party convention on February 6. Sarah Palin spoke from a podium (in the photographs) and gave an interview while seated in a chair (in the video). Second, the video shows her reading from her palm and shows that she has something written in her palm -- a point that you have not contested. If you want to claim that the AP faked the photo that shows writing in her palm when she is standing at the podium, I will leave you to your craziness. But the whole point of the OP was that she was using crib notes written in the palm of her hand. The video proves it, and you have not offered any reason to doubt it. I cannot tell what point you are trying to make, if any.

the ONLY point I made - which you disputed - was that the 2nd photo in the OP was photoshopped. It showed 4 or 5 lines of notes with one line crossed out - and she had one thumb, a pinky, and a slab of meat in place of her 3 middle fingers.

You told me to 'think again' and posted your video. There is clearly some black ink/notes on her hand; but the photo in the OP was ridiculous.

See attachment - and try to tell me that it is the same black smudge/ink in your video.

Attachments

D

deleted15807

'Throw the bums out' sounds good, and it's a catchy slogan, but when you think it through logically, it makes no sense. There's something to be said for experience in office, and the personal relationships people build there.

Exactly. At work they say 'blame the process not the person'. And it is the process that elects politicians that is broken. Changing the chess pieces won't change the game.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
you progressive dudes REALLY have to be kidding-Obama can't even speak in front of 6th graders without a full teleprompter!!!.
Hmmm... But he CAN make the entire Republican caucus look like fools WITHOUT using a TelePrompTer!!

So what does that tell you BF2K?

Looks like the caucus is an easier mark than a sixth grade class.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you progressive dudes REALLY have to be kidding-Obama can't even speak in front of 6th graders without a full teleprompter!!!.

really? he seems to have done a damn good job of eviscerating the republican congressmen last week in a question and answer forum - no teleprompter - no script

even right wing pundits have acknowledged the President's intellect and complete grasp of the issues - so much so they wish the event had not been filmed.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
the ONLY point I made - which you disputed - was that the 2nd photo in the OP was photoshopped. It showed 4 or 5 lines of notes with one line crossed out - and she had one thumb, a pinky, and a slab of meat in place of her 3 middle fingers.

You told me to 'think again' and posted your video. There is clearly some black ink/notes on her hand; but the photo in the OP was ridiculous.

See attachment - and try to tell me that it is the same black smudge/ink in your video.

That is called cropping.

Attachments

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's simply impossible to eliminate the supply when any demand still exists.

Truer words, etc.

I watched the clip. I will watch it again whenever I think to myself that she can't possibly be as stupid as she seems.

Actually, I think she should be forced to watch it in the unlikely event that she should ever consider running for Ms. South Carolina.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I still can't make sense of what you are trying to say. You can't just say that one enlargements of a given photo is fake without implying that other enlargements of the same photo are also fakes. There have been three enlargements of the same photo posted: we can call them "Small" (shows her entire upper body), "Medium" (shows her entire hand), and "Large" (shows just the palm of her hand -- the one you label "photoshop"). You claim that "Large" is a fake: that much is clear. Do you also claim that the other two are fakes? I don't see how you can coherently do so: the ink pattern in the three photos is the same. "Large" looks weird because it is enlarged so far as to show no fingers. Do you deny that it is just an enlargement of the same image? Do you hold all three images to be doctored?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It has been proven that Obama can't speak without a prompter - amazing how much we pay for a Harvard Education these days - at least he can read!!

A teleprompter only works in a situation where the speech or answers are prepared in advance. Vince's comment still stands, as no preparation requiring the use of a teleprompter could have been made when he addressed the Republican party in an open forum with random questioning. Couldn't figure that one out, Einstein?

BF2K... more proof that our education system sucks ass. :rolleyes:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you know for a fact that he didn't have a teleprompter Vince?
A teleprompter would only help if the questions were predetermined and the entire proceedings were scripted. Are you trying to imply that the Republican caucus assisted the President in making themselves look stupid?

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It has been proven(Proven by who? When?) that Obama can't speak without a prompter - amazing how much we pay for a Harvard Education these days - at least he can read!!(unlike Bush the chimp)
Seriously, what is your major malfunction? You have a real bug up your butt about teleprompters.