Palin's private email hacked?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_New End, Sep 17, 2008.

1. B_New End

B_New End New Member

convenient for her, everything was erased... but not before the group anonymous copied it all to their private hdd's.

http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice/2008/09/17/hackers-break-into-sarah-palins-inbox/

Also, her other email, the one she was using for more private. professional discourse also disappeared.

Double win for Palin, she gets to decry the hackers, all the while, deleting mounds of incriminating memos.

Just like the Bush administration losing 1.1 million emails.

What's the difference between W and Palin? Lipstick.

#1 B_New End, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  2. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

3. transformer_99

Gold Member

Bottom line, she used the Yahoo email account(s) to circumvent the state laws that maintain that the emails are public record. Every state pretty much has these laws. Usually the highest officials usually don't want employees using 3rd party email and even frown upon employees using internal email for personal emails.

It wouldn't surprise me if Troopergate was discussed in detail and quite candidly thru Yahoo email, rather than thru the State of Alaska email system.

4. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    You liberals are worse than the U.S.S.R. if it were run By Adolph Hitler. I don't want to hear a peep out of you guys ever again about the Patriot Act.

5. B_New End

B_New End New Member

What was so bad about what he said?

She should not have been using insecure emails for government business.
    Just like the Bush administration should not have... and conveniently lost all 1.1 million of them.

Furthermore, if she can't handle simple email security, she should not be allowed near the nuclear codes. The last thing we need is some Al Queada hacker getting them and framing us for nuking a muslim or Chinese or Russian city.

You don't even know what you are talking about, you are just insulting liberals because that's all you know how to do.

#5 B_New End, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  6. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    You are using this appolling act as some sort of evidence against her ability to be president? Wow. I thought I knew every conceivable version of SPIN known to man. I think you invented the "Ultra Shameless Spin".

7. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Didn't that trooper guy TASER HER NEPHEW? I would try and get that fucker fired too. And if you wouldn't you are a pussy, have no balls, and should be ashamed of yourself.

That is hilarious.

#7 Skull Mason, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  8. Redsquall

Redsquall New Member

This is just a major invasion of privacy. There's no justification for this, none.

9. Redsquall

Redsquall New Member

This is a major invasion of privacy. There's no justification for this, none.

10. B_New End

B_New End New Member

yes.

If someone were trying to get on a football team, and got mugged and beat by a 12 year old, I would say sorry... you ain't playing football. I am sorry you were mugged by a twelve year old, but obviously, you do not have the right stuff.

If someone wanted to be head of security of an IT department, and I found out a script kiddie demolished their porfessional website and put up pictures of bearded bums (that ones for you, mason) getting payed $5 to take it up the ass, I would say sorry your site got hacked, but obviously you are not the right guy for the job.

11. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Has anybody here justified it?

12. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

UM- I beg to differ...

IT is absolutely justified.

Palin's personal emails reveal that she has been doing Governor's business thru a private email account.

This is not only ( obviously) insecure.

ITS ILLEGAL.

Moreover- the private email of her staff adds to the realization that, as she campaigned for office, her staff were setting up private email accounts for only ONE REASON..
    in the theory that private email accounts would EVADE subpoena.

THis was openly discussed among her staff.

That is... Palin and her staff KNOWINGLY planned to break the law on government communications, for the express purpose of evading investigation into how they conducted their offices.

They were PLANNING to be able to HIDE their actions from the LAW.

Let me make this clear...

THEY violated law, to set up a method of doing MORE illegal things in a way that could not be subpoenaed.

Excuse me.... invasion of privacy?

THEY WERE BREAKING THE LAW AND THEY WERE PLANNING TO BREAK MORE LAW.
    To evade responsibility for actions they knew full well would prompt investigation.
    Its CONSPIRACY to obstruct justice.

Sorry--- I started out agreeing that it was a low move... until I read what those email contained.

Whoever did this... did the right thing...
    Palin doesn't deserve a right to privacy...

She deserves a term in prison.

#12 Phil Ayesho, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Let's be clear about this... THERE'S NOTHING PRIVATE ABOUT A YAHOO E-MAIL ACCOUNT. If Palin was stupid enough to use a free e-mail service like Yahoo to transfer important or classified information, she deserves to get hacked. Everyone knows that the bulk of spam and e-mail scams come from these free, web based accounts that ANYONE can create. It usually takes anywhere up to 3 days for any fake accounts to be deleted, and a lot can be done to a user in 72 hours if they're not careful. A 10 year old would even knows this.

I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who can't even spare $20 a month to get a real internet provider and more secure e-mail services. Especially since she works for the government and makes 6 figures a year. She couldn't just get a more secure ISP?

14. B_New End

B_New End New Member

She should have used the government emails... in fact, its state law she is supposed to, for a couple of reasons

1. government transparency
    2. the government emails are encrypted.

15. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

My thinking is that although I would hate if this happened to me (it's why I always keep an empty inbox and trash can) she is now very much in the publics awareness and having the most basic of a yahoo account should be the first thing she gets rid of. Regardless of if it is for personal use or if it is for private, she should be aware that once the public knows she has a yahoo account it is only a matter of time before it gets hacked into - fact.

16. Notaguru2

Gold Member

I think you're forgetting that the trooper had already been disciplined. Yeah, he's a scum bag by most accounts, but in this country, most if not all states have double-jeopardy laws on the books (in this case, you can't be punished twice for the same crime).

Palin was out of line for using her "power" inappropriately and this will come out once the GOP nazis stop stonewalling.

17. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    So therefore she isn't qualified to be vice president?

18. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Well, since she won't do an interview, won't answer questions in town hall forums, won't respond to subpoenas or give testimony in troopergate when she originally said she would, won't tell the truth when pressed on a topic.... I don't know what the fuck her qualifications are. For a reformer, she sure sounds like a politician to me.

19. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    She is qualified because Trinity tells us she is....

20. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I'm quoting you because this bears reading again. I may disagree with your conclusion, but I totally agree otherwise. Thanks, Phil.

Draft saved Draft deleted