Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was chatting (socially distanced, via the Interwebz) with a few friends last weekend (mostly women), and many of the ladies mentioned some things they think they'll be struggling to get back to once this coronavirus pandemic is fully in the rear view mirror...

Simple things like:
* wearing a bra again (apparently free-the-boobs is very popular trend here during the pandemic)
* wearing jeans or indeed anything other than leggings again
* changing their hair colour to make it easier to deal with/self-dye in case hair dressers become extinct
* shaving as often
* wearing full make-up again
* early starts in the morning

As one of the few gentlemen on the call, this was all news to me and I was both surprised and impressed by how common this seems be. I can't think of anything I've really changed that I'll stick with. I guess I'm driving a lot less, I miss the gym, and I'm lucky to be in a position where I can WFH most of the time... but I'll happily go back to mostly-normal as soon as possible to do so.

Is there anything specific that has changed in your everyday routine that you wouldn't have remotely entertained before lockdowns, whereas now you'd be reluctant to go back to previous habits?

g0nz0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’m actually good with not having to shake hands.

Hadn't thought of that (and nobody had mentioned it), but that's certainly one that it might actually be worth keeping. If you think about it, shaking hands with some peeps is more than a bit icky. Where have those hands been recently and what have they been doing? :joy:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’m pretty much with your friends. I wear makeup to work, and it’s hard to imagine going back to wearing it. I dabble in sports bras now and again, but the heavy duty gear? Yikes. And structured pants? Weird. I suppose I’ll get used to it again, but it all seems so long ago.

D

deleted924715

* wearing a bra again (apparently free-the-boobs is very popular trend here during the pandemic) preach!
* wearing jeans or indeed anything other than leggings again leggings... Joggers... "Lounge wear" (no they're not the same as PJ's - they just look and feel the same!)
* changing their hair colour to make it easier to deal with/self-dye in case hair dressers become extinct I've kept my natural brunette for a few years now because I hate going to the hairdresser
* shaving as often it's tempting, I'm not gonna lie lol
* wearing full make-up again this is the longest I've gone without winged eyeliner since I was about 14
* early starts in the morning I've actually been starting work earlier because I don't have to face people when I still have my antisocial morning head on

g0nz0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
* wearing a bra again (apparently free-the-boobs is very popular trend here during the pandemic) preach!
* wearing jeans or indeed anything other than leggings again leggings... Joggers... "Lounge wear" (no they're not the same as PJ's - they just look and feel the same!)
* changing their hair colour to make it easier to deal with/self-dye in case hair dressers become extinct I've kept my natural brunette for a few years now because I hate going to the hairdresser
* shaving as often it's tempting, I'm not gonna lie lol
* wearing full make-up again this is the longest I've gone without winged eyeliner since I was about 14
* early starts in the morning I've actually been starting work earlier because I don't have to face people when I still have my antisocial morning head on

My day has been wobbling between early starts and late finishes to late starts and early finishes... The wibbly wobbliest of flexi-times... but its all mostly working out in the end, so I don't feel guilty that I'm underdelivering for my employer :joy: And if I fancy a mid-afternoon breath of fresh air by taking a constitutional stroll, I'll take one...

I’m pretty much with your friends. I wear makeup to work, and it’s hard to imagine going back to wearing it. I dabble in sports bras now and again, but the heavy duty gear? Yikes. And structured pants? Weird. I suppose I’ll get used to it again, but it all seems so long ago.

It does seem like so long ago indeed. In general, people are a little nicer and more courteous now - giving each other more space in the supermarkets etc. I wonder how long it will be before the hustle and bustle returns with a bang once this fizzles out.

D

deleted924715

My day has been wobbling between early starts and late finishes to late starts and early finishes... The wibbly wobbliest of flexi-times... but its all mostly working out in the end, so I don't feel guilty that I'm underdelivering for my employer :joy: And if I fancy a mid-afternoon breath of fresh air by taking a constitutional stroll, I'll take one...

Hahaha I do this too! I'm swinging between 7am-7pm and 10am - 3pm. One night last week I worked until 11pm so the next afternoon I read a book on my Kindle while moving my mouse on Teams :eyes:

g0nz0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hahaha I do this too! I'm swinging between 7am-7pm and 10am - 3pm. One night last week I worked until 11pm so the next afternoon I read a book on my Kindle while moving my mouse on Teams :eyes:

Its like exercising a little bit of control over the chaos. I quite enjoy it, if I'm to be perfectly honest.

g0nz0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

So, without the bra, with the hairy legs, without the winged eyeliner, and with a mask, would anyone recognise you? Surely one of the hidden benefits is being incognito when you pop to the shops for some quick messages? (groceries) ...

Reactions: Scarletbegonia
D

deleted924715

So, without the bra, with the hairy legs, without the winged eyeliner, and with a mask, would anyone recognise you? Surely one of the hidden benefits is being incognito when you pop to the shops for some quick messages? (groceries) ...

Hahaha. Oh god. This reminds me of an experience that scarred me for life. When I still lived at home I answered the door to one of my brother's friends with wet hair and no make up on. As they were walking down the drive I heard him say to my brother "who was that?" :joy::weary_face:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Lol! You make her sound like a hairy little monster!

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hehe... I think the first person who didn't go feral at some point over the last year can start throwing stones... :joy:
Yeah, that won’t be me! I went “incognito” a lot over the past year. My thick pelt protected me from recognition! Lol!

g0nz0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah, that won’t be me! I went “incognito” a lot over the past year. My thick pelt protected me from recognition! Lol!

So we're in the midst of our third lockdown (second really big one), and I must say that Irish ladies are doing a wonderful job adjusting to the realities of it. First time around, there were impressive roots and frightening eyebrows going on, but a year on they seem to have somehow adjusted and are jerry-rigging beauticians and hair-dressers out of thin air (when none are supposed to be open). Whereas the fellows here are continuing to look as utterly dishevelled, grizzly and frazzled as ever.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose ... :D

D

deleted5791141

I used to get regular manicures and pedicures. And wore makeup often. I do miss having lacquered nails. And now, I only wear mascara and eyeliner. Because anything more and I’ve got a yucky face mask to deal with. I miss wearing lipstick regularly.

I might still get the random nail appointment just because but I don’t see going back to spending as much as I used to on regular manicures but I’ll probably wait until the summer months for that.

and while I still regularly wear bras (I do walk the pup twice a day, early in the AM and again after dinner - so holding the twins up in public is a must for me), I actually do miss wearing sexy underthings mostly because of how they made me feel. So - I plan on shopping with my stimulus funds at my favorite lingerie shop soon. :emoji_wink:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Hadn't thought of that (and nobody had mentioned it), but that's certainly one that it might actually be worth keeping. If you think about it, shaking hands with some peeps is more than a bit icky. Where have those hands been recently and what have they been doing? :joy:
I’ve been on lpsg long enough to not ever want to know.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Re: going feral.
I had such a start on y’all.
I last shaved for societal pressure in spring 1995.
I’ve sheared the sheep a couple times for giggles.
I don’t dye my hair.
I can fake a decent eyebrow pluck (but I’d rather get threaded or waxed since I see out of only one eye well)
Makeup was only for job interviews.
Structured clothing was only if I wanted to wear it.

Bwahahahaaaa

Reactions: Enid and g0nz0

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't work work but I was doing some voluntary work at our local kids club that has a nursery creche and helps children with special needs and children from troubled backgrounds, the pandemic has certainly taken it's toll as it's privately run, forced closures and lack of funding has sadly made its future very uncertain but fingers crossed it'll come thru.

I've always worn makeup, it's just part of my routine but I have slipped during the pandemic, I just feel better with slap on tbh.

I used to mess with my hair a lot, cut it myself, dye it extreme colours etc but in recent years I've worn my hair more conventionally, nothing beats the salon for a good bitch and gossip.

Nails I've always mostly done myself, I actually enjoy doing it.

I've become more reliant on home deliveries for groceries during the pandemic but still like to pick fresh produce, fish and meat myself.

I've not enjoyed having to do the housework, we have a very large house and it gets on top of me, thankfully our housekeeper will be returning in the next couple of weeks, I miss her company too.

Schools being closed for so long has meant having the kids at home, they usually full board so it's been great having them home for such a long period.

My husband's work was badly affected by the pandemic, he's mostly been working from home and now going to be taking a step back semi retiring, he was planning to do so soon but in better financial circumstances, however the time has come so we'll deal with it.

I'm a very social creature, very much missing restaurants, pubs and clubs (I know I'm getting too old for clubbing but I'm not going down easily)

I've missed not seeing my folks as much, thankfully that'll be changing soon too.

I've lost friends to the pandemic, it's been hard. I've also been worried myself for all of us, my health isn't what it could be due to my lifestyle choices and I was very worried about catching the virus.
Thankfully both myself and my husband are now vaccinated which has lifted the worry.
All in all I'm looking forward to getting out and about again, seeing my friends and family, having a laugh and sharing meals and time.

Reactions: LaFemme and g0nz0

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't see going back to many Pre-Cooties habits.

Saving monies by cutting habitual but costly expenditures.

Dealing with fewer humans.

Keeping good practices for the next zoonotic disease to be mismanaged by various governments.

I really like snarling at assholes behind my mask.

Bras are overrated, grown ups need to accept a bit of bounce and nipples.

Fuck structured clothing that doesn't turn me on.

Shaving...meh.

Make-up. Theatrical - yes. Daily - never did.

Mask Related: I like playing "bank robbery" in all establishments.