Panpipe Instrumental Music?

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello. I'm looking for some good instrumental panpipe music albums. Just panpipes, no string or other instrumentation. I think the album I want/heard was 'music of the Andes' or something. Maybe the Amazon...I forget, because it was a long time ago.

Anyway, I find the sound very soothing and relaxing, does anyone know any albums or anything?

I just had a look and one song was massacred by spanish style strings, and the albums were panpipe versions of POP songs (WTF!?)

I'll be very grateful if someone can assist me in this endeavour. Panpipe music isn't very popular and its not often someone asks for it (on a big dick site of all places).

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I think you might be thinking of the soundtrack from Flight of the Condor - that aired on the BBC in the 80s. It wasn't, I don't think, exclusively panpipes - but there was a lot of that kind of stuff. Certainly it was that that kicked of a lot of interest in this kind of Sth American music.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Hello. I'm looking for some good instrumental panpipe music albums. Just panpipes, no string or other instrumentation. I think the album I want/heard was 'music of the Andes' or something. Maybe the Amazon...I forget, because it was a long time ago.

Anyway, I find the sound very soothing and relaxing, does anyone know any albums or anything?

I just had a look and one song was massacred by spanish style strings, and the albums were panpipe versions of POP songs (WTF!?)

I'll be very grateful if someone can assist me in this endeavour. Panpipe music isn't very popular and its not often someone asks for it (on a big dick site of all places).

Try Gheorghe Zamfir!

Gheorghe Zamfir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Zamfir is probably the best pan-pipe player in the world. Some years ago, he was a guest on "The Joy of Music", hosted by Diane Bish. They were going to do some organ and panflute duets. The story is that taping had to be delayed a few days because he had spent a lot of time in the sun while in Ft. Lauderdale for the taping and sunburned his lips, making him unable to play.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're quite geeky aren't you SLB, you should be listening to death metal and getting pissed at your age not relaxing :)

Well, I don't like to brag :tongue:

At least I don't conform and listen to that shit techno/house music.

Also MB I don't think it was from the 80's. I listened to it at Primary School, in Year 6. We were sat around listening to it being played on tape players and we had headphones on.

It was something cultural and it was all panpipes. I just thought it would be cool to hear it again.

Thinking again though, it was probably something on the curriculum - would Flight of The Condor be on the curriculum in early to mid 1990? Hmm.

I think it was something from a tribe or some mountainous region. The quest continues...

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well... they play the ol' panpipes (Pan Flute, in the case of the Andean region, they are called the zampona and the antara) in the mountains of Peru, the OP already mentioned the "Sound Of The Andes"... the indigenous people of the Andes play a style of music that dates back to the time of the Incas. you just need to find a CD that contains ONLY Pan Flute music from the Andes... Zamfir is Romanian and although he is the world's most accomplished pan flute musician, you need to seek out only indigenous peoples from Peru if you want that mystical ancient sound. Good Luck!