Papers, please.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Idiot should have just shown his bags to the dude instead of being a stcuk up asshole. None of that would have happened if he would have just opened the bag... those people are there for a reason.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Idiot should have just shown his bags to the dude instead of being a stcuk up asshole. None of that would have happened if he would have just opened the bag... those people are there for a reason.

Didn't you refuse to take out your piercings when the doctor told you to do so for the infection to heal? :rolleyes:

Circuit City employees aren't authorities in any sense other than they should know more about their products than you do. Emphasis on should.

They have no authority to detain anyone on a "hunch". Only if they witness a patron concealing product do they have a lawful right to detain someone.

Further, the responding officer shouldn't have arrested the guy. Pretty sad when an officer doesn't know the law.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm sure the courts will let him off.
What I'm surprised about is the guy is 25, owns a half million dollar company, but he's asking for donations!!! Cheeky git.

Not really. If I started selling high-end PC's @ $2500 a pop and moved 200 units, I'd own a half-million dollar business. That tells you nothing in and of itself about my own financial situation...nor about his.

Regardless of his fiscal situation, it's abhorrent that everyday citizens are subjected to this type of abuse from law enforcement officers...and even moreso that they must then absorb the financial costs (usually tens of thousands $US) of defending themselves against it.

And if you think this is an isolated incident, think again.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Don't you already have to show your passport or some ID, even for internal flights?

Depends on whom you ask.

The TSA guidelines purportedly require that air passengers show a government issued ID or submit to additional search and screening procedures.

This choice is never enumerated in any placards or signage you see posted around the airports, though...those all indicate that you must show an ID. You'll even get conflicting answers if you ask airline, airport security, and TSA personnel about it.

How does one explain this confusion? Simple. The TSA believes it will compromise the safety of air travel if their rules (which carry the force of law) are publicly published. So they won't actually show you the rules that you're expected to adhere to.

Sound familiar? It should. We've heard this song from this administration before, back when the original USA PATRIOT act was challenged.

Secret laws went out of style centuries ago with the signing of the Magna Carta. This apparent reversion by our supposedly shining example of freedom and democracy demonstrates just what a nation of somnolent sheep we have collectively become.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
THat's the problem with Ill informed managers, and Police officers.

Especially the Police. They'll take any 3rd grade educated individual off the street, put him in a uniform and call him "An officer of the law".

I know one left our business to go to Arizona. He cheats, lies, and his motto is "Power is for abusing".
IF....IF he will get through the academy, where he claimed he was going, AZ is going to have one VERY corrupt cop. I'd tell you his name, but I'm sure he'd sue for Slander, as that's the type of system leach he is.

I have no respect for police departments, as their focus isn't on fighting crime, it's on making a fast buck on the working class.

BurningVenus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

He ruined his family's weekend by acting like a tool. Now he's crying victim. :rolleyes: Oh please. Talk about making a federal case out of it! That problem could have been solved in less than ten seconds.

His siblings were weeping because they're had to deal with insufferable a**hole thier entire lives. :biggrin1:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, in the states you certainly do.

No, actually you don't.

Now he's crying victim. :rolleyes: Oh please. Talk about making a federal case out of it!

Where did you get the impression that he's crying victim? He's illustrating the point that everyday practices that people have taken to accepting without question have deviated a considerable degree from the freedoms that are enumerated in our nation's highest law. Given that scope, of course it's a federal case.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Didn't you refuse to take out your piercings when the doctor told you to do so for the infection to heal? :rolleyes:

Circuit City employees aren't authorities in any sense other than they should know more about their products than you do. Emphasis on should.

They have no authority to detain anyone on a "hunch". Only if they witness a patron concealing product do they have a lawful right to detain someone.

Further, the responding officer shouldn't have arrested the guy. Pretty sad when an officer doesn't know the law.
Í sure did refuse. I knew better. Anyone whos had an infected piercing knows the rules about taking it out... You are not supposed to untill it has completely healed. I hate to sound like I know it all.. but in this situation I did know more than the doctor about piercings and infection control. After the round of strong anti-biotics.. there is no change in the abcess. So I doubt there was one in the first place.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I agree. The guy was looking for trouble. Most stores have a sign saying that they have a right to search your bags. He should have shown the receipt and left.

If he doesn't like a stores policy, he should not shop there.

Those people asking for receipts are just trying to prevent theft. No one wants to have things stolen from them. In the end theft only costs us more in prices going up.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He ruined his family's weekend by acting like a tool. Now he's crying victim. :rolleyes: Oh please. Talk about making a federal case out of it! That problem could have been solved in less than ten seconds.

His siblings were weeping because they're had to deal with insufferable a**hole thier entire lives. :biggrin1:
I agree that he most likely should have shown a receipt (that's what they are for, anyway - protection of the buyer AND the seller).

The father should have just run over the guy standing in front of his car.

Demands by police for a citizen to show ID, when the citizen is simply "being in a public place," are absolutely illegal and should NEVER be met with compliance.

It happens in Washington, DC all the time. Law-abiding citizens are frequently told that their presence in particular public parks or on particular public sidewalks require that the citizen show ID and proof of employment in the area.

I haven't had to deal with it, personally, yet. But the day that a police officer tells me I have to show an ID and proof of employment for the simple right of walking down a sidewalk, will be the day that I challenge their legal right to do so.