"Parachute" pants

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had three pair. Grey. Powder blue, and Black. When I was teen. I didn't know that they were see through. Until some of the guys mentioned they could see my undies through them--those pair were the powder blue parachutes. (I was embarrassed or bare assed.)

I wore them with a cornflower blue cowboy shirt (I loved that shirt.) The guys also made fun of that as well. Teens are fucked up.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Some things should NEVER come back in style.

I had one pair of black and one pair of grey pants. You should have seen me moonwalking across the floor.

*burns photographic evidence*

I believe they should be reinvented as pajama/ sleepwear. Or maybe beach wear. Leave the new wave glasses off though. (I could never find the right kind.)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG! I haven't thought of those in eons!

Parachute Pants were the bomb but only worn by boys in my high school. There was this one guy Andy B. he was president of the National Honor Society, captain of the boys soccer team, had jet black hair & blue eyes, and an ass that could crack walnuts.

Parachute pants only looked good on boys with perfectly rounded bottoms.

Oh how I long for the good ol' days. :smile:

njqt466

A poster mentioned them here recently. I had almost forgot about how sexy they were. Reckon they'll ever make a comeback? I hope so!:smile:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I believe they should be reinvented as pajama/ sleepwear. Or maybe beach wear. Leave the new wave glasses off though. (I could never find the right kind.)
That's a good idea but leave the numerous zippers off. I liked the wraparound shades but not the Flock of Seagulls kind. :biggrin1:

I think the picture that you included with your post is wrong, I've included some picture of both Vannilla and MC Hammer.

Those were called "genie pants" but are a late 80's/early 90's version of parachute pants which were worn close to the body and had zippers strategically placed all over them. See here.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry, but the first original picture is correct ..the pants you have posted are not Parachute pants. The reason they are called Parachute pants is because the fabric used is the same kind that is used for jumping out of Airplanes.That is why they are called Parachute pant. They were fantastic..looked really great on guys with nice bubble butts, and they really did show off your package.
I remember my first pair. I was in I2th grade and it was all the rage.
:cool:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's a good idea but leave the numerous zippers off. I liked the wraparound shades but not the Flock of Seagulls kind. :biggrin1:

My pairs of black and grey parachute pants had upper leg quilted stitched pads and zippers. I had some metallic blue panoramic lens glasses.

I think that parachute pants would make sensual beach wear and lounge wear though.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:eek: Yeah...those were about the only fashion faux pas I've made in my life besides the gigantic shoulder padded silk blazer I wore with them and my shoulder length ponytail.
They should not come back

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:eek: Yeah...those were about the only fashion faux pas I've made in my life besides the gigantic shoulder padded silk blazer I wore with them and my shoulder length ponytail.

Well, the shoulder length pony tail shouldn't come back.:wink:

I think that parachute pants could make a come back if redone tailored differently. There are many options for colors these days and densities of parachute fabrics these days. They are very lightweight and comfortable.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh no. Say it isn't so. :eek:

I refused to wear shoulder pads. My shoulders are wide enough for my figure and I didn't think I needed them.

I like long hair on some men if it's trimmed and neat (can't look like a member of Lynnrd Skynnrd), though I hated the rat tails many boys were sporting then. Ugh.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks a lot for those pics. I couldn't remember what parachute pants were until I saw them in your pics. When did they come out? Mid-1980s? Didn't breakdancers wear them too?

I think the picture that you included with your post is wrong, I've included some picture of both Vannilla and MC Hammer.