Paradise by the Dashboard Light...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Phil Rizzuto who was the Baseball anouncer in the this song (by Meatloaf), died last night.

He was the oldest member of the Baseball Hall of Fame.

He died at 89 years old

He lived in the town next to where I grew up (and still live) in NJ.

His wife was HOT for a lady in her early 80's. She looks like she's in her 60's. She must have had some face work done, but she carres herself like a much younger woman.

I was thinking this was his second trophy wife but I hear they had been married for over 60 years.

He was in very bad shape in a nursing home, but his friends like Yogi Berra would still visit him.

2. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I'm sad to hear of his passing.

3. Principessa

Gold Member

Aww, that's a shame, may he rest in peace.

Rizzuto developed a reputation as a "homer," an announcer who would sometimes lapse into rooting for the home team. And we loved him for that. :smile: Rizzuto also had more than his share of malapropisms and stream-of-consciousness commentary, which annoyed his critics but amused his fans:
    • "Uh-oh, deep to left-center, nobody's gonna get that one! Holy cow, somebody got it!"
    • "Bouncer to third, they'll never get him! No, why don't I just shut up!"
    • "All right! Stay fair! No, it won't stay fair. Good thing it didn't stay fair, or I think he would've caught it!"
    • "Oh, these Yankees can get the clutch hits, Murcer. I might have to go home early, I just got a cramp in my leg."
    • "Well, that kind of puts the damper on even a Yankee win." (He was still on the air, just after a game, when he heard that Pope Paul VI had just died. Esquire Magazine called that the "Holiest Cow of 1978.")

4. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I love that song.

Draft saved Draft deleted