Paranormal Activity

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by Bigboy116, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Bigboy116

Bigboy116 New Member

Anyone see this movie? The guy in it is really hot and bulges a bit during the bedroom scenes. Any caps? I don't want to watch it again to see. O.O

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

3. nicnik3

nicnik3 Member

dude i know, i was watching his croth the whole time, really sad at the end... NO SPOILERS! lol

4. dombrowskichris

dombrowskichris New Member

Ditto and i completely agree.

5. monet

monet New Member

Contains SPOILER!

Please do not waste your money on this movie! This is an honest criticism from someone who loves film, and actually graduated from film school--although when I say this people say that doesn't carry weight since it's just an opinion. Well, if you're a biologist, I'd expect you to know shit about biology. If you're a business owner, I'd expect you to know shit about running a business. Well, I have a film degree so shouldn't my opinion carry more weight than some random movie goer? Blah. Anyway...sorry about the rant.

The movie is nothing more than student film trash that got wind (by the right connections and went viral). The marketing blitz and hype around the film is definitely something admirable and interesting but once you see it, you should be highly disappointed.

To the movie:

The acting is horrendous. The character development is pathetic and makes no sense, to the point where you hate the character lead (Micah). He plays this alpha male and protector role, yet is completely clueless and a total dumbass. Totally obnoxious when you expect him to be mature about something that haunts his girlfriend of 3 years since she was 8 years old! He mocks her, jokes about it, doesn't listen to her requests, and taunts the spirit, and challenges it--only to scream out like a little bitch when any noise happens. Also, Mr. Alpha Male is always shielding himself behind his girl when something weird happens. And oh, nothing happens until an hour into the movie, which by that time you're just interested in her boobs. Also, there is nothing scary about the film. Nothing. For the lighthearted, maybe a few moments but that doesn't compensate for anything.

Worse of all is Micah's acting. His delivery is pathetic, everything sounds staged and forced, and nothing is believable. Katie's performance wasn't terrible and I'll have to blame the script for such a shady job. There are many holes in this movie and that's a shame because the idea is great. The execution is just so sad. I'm a tough critic here because I feel stuff like this gets so much press, when it's complete crap. While tons of other really good stuff out there isn't getting the light of day.

Here's the interesting part: I'm best friends with a cousin of Micah, the lead, so I'm glad the film is working out well for him. But as an artist, one who loves film and respects it, this movie is garbage. Don't waste your money. Download it from Pirate Bay and see for yourself.

#5 monet, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  6. quechingon

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    For it being made for $11,ooo this was a good movie

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Even with the spoiler, the scariest part (IMO) isn't even shown on the trailer and ironically hasn't been discussed by many people. That's actually a good thing. Saw this movie last week and it's actually pretty good. It strikes a chord with something that everyone has experienced at one time or another... that mysterious "bump in the night". It's actually really cool that the person who created this film was able to do it on such a low budget. Rumors have it that the guy lives in the place and didn't even have his own bed to sleep in. He had to buy the one used in the movie! Considering that the movie has now made millions, I'm sure he could buy more than a bed right now. Let's just hope that if they do make a sequel to this it doesn't go the route of Blair Witch 2.

Oh, and about the bulge. There's definitely some prominent "floppy floppy" going on. And with a camera strategically positioned in the bedroom, I'm sure there were some outtakes that we'll probably never see. :wink:

8. luvguyz

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes! The guy is pretty cute and you can see his dick swinging in his boxer shorts. I loved it ;-)

9. ZipidyDodaa

ZipidyDodaa Member

I liked the movie and the guy was about average cuteness with a nice bulge in the boxers. ;)

10. buffstud69

buffstud69 Member

Albums:
    any pics/screencaps..haven't seen it yet..

11. Alex08

Alex08 Member

I liked it alot! Probably the most effective horror film that i've seen in a long time and better than the blair witch project in my opinion

12. Man-thango

Man-thango Member

It wasn't as scary as people think. I dont know. Maybe I'm jaded because of seeing so many paranormal TV shows and my own experiences.

13. Fleur

Gold Member

I was way too busy staring at the girls boobs...every time they went to bed, I kept thinking, "yay, boobies!"

I was scared during most of it though.

14. josh20hung

josh20hung Active Member

i just got home from this movie and i really liked it .. people were screaming the entire time ...deffinately freaked me out!

15. Padlocklipsxbang

Padlocklipsxbang New Member

caps of micah's bulge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

those are the best I could get.
    You really have to watch it for all the swinging action haha.

16. agnslz

Gold Member

I've been wanting and hope to see this movie on Friday. Knowing that there's a scene such as this in it just makes my anticipation grow. The home movie quality of the film as evidenced in the above caps looks like it'll just add to the turn-on for me. I can't wait to see it!

17. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    If you just want a very bad movie watch THE ROOM. It will take forever to watch.

18. D_Garmanswait Glassnads

I was genuinely scared, I did not see any trailers or know anything about the film before my mates showed it to me. We were all pretty scared. Scary movies always tend to be the lamest of movies but this actually scared me. Micah is infuriating to watch but that's part of why I liked it, you can't help but dislike him for being such a arsehole.

And Monet, because you studied film you're bound to be hard to please when it comes to film. To be impressed by a scary movie would be difficult.

I have the same with photography, I study it so It's often very hard to enjoy it.

19. Pikachu32GB

Pikachu32GB New Member

LAME LAME LAME!!! That movie was the gayest thing ever! besides the 4 cool parts that entire movie was retarted. and the ending was just the icicng on the stupid cake!!!! not to mention the acting!
    but i did notice the bulging on this "Micah"
    but the shitty acting kinda killed it tho LOL

20. Pikachu32GB

Pikachu32GB New Member

Paranormal Whacktivity to be exact!

Draft saved Draft deleted