Paranormal, Unexplained & Strange Phenomenon

Which Strange, Unexplained or Paranormal Phenomenon do you think may be real?

• ESP (Extra Sensory Perception) or Psychics

Votes: 68 52.7%
  • Ghosts & Haunted Houses

Votes: 61 47.3%
  • Possession & Exorcism

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • Telekenisis (moving objects with only the mind)

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Contact with Extraterrestrials

Votes: 54 41.9%
  • Talking to the Dead

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Witchcraft

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Reincarnation

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 31 24.0%

• Total voters

Bob Ross

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have seen this question in other threads but not in poll format...

Which of these strange and/or paranormal events/activities do you believe are possibly real/true?

You may vote for MORE THAN ONE choice (unless voting "None of the Above" for obvious reasons)

* Vote for a choice if you think either; "YES IT IS DEFINETLY REAL/TRUE" or if you think "IT IS REASONABLY POSSIBLE" or you are "NOT SURE ENOUGH TO SAY IT IS NOT POSSIBLE"

* You should only NOT vote for a choice if you; find it ridiculous, unlikely enough so as not to be worthy of believing, or any other opinion which makes you strongly confident that it is not a real phenomenon. If you don't believe any of the choices are real phenomenon; then check "None of the Above"

Also, any comments, stories or opinions on these topics would be welcomed.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So far the poll is not up and I have to sign off. So I'll check in the morning. But I think my vote is going to go to... Lindsay Lohan is a test tube baby from another planet!

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't think we're alone either. New species are being discovered every day, so I'm not going to discount yetis ect yet, and I've had a couple of weirdly psychic-type experiences which I can't explain, and so did my grandfather, so I'm not going to rule that out either.

Bob Ross

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Extraterrestrial, i strongly believe we are not alone in the universe :cool:

I think most scientists would agree...I was trying to narrow the choice down to whether or not you believe that they have come down to earth and made contact with humans (butt-probes by aliens count but are not specifically necessary:biggrin1:)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I don't have much faith in most of the things in the poll however many others do; so I reserve judgement pending proof either way. From my first post here although I was joking about Lindsay Lohan, I think it's a pretty infinite universe so certainly there must be life somewhere else in the great beyond.

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
I'm a solid yes on ESP, a maybe on ghosts/haunted houses, and no on the rest. Am not surprised at the 62% yes on ESP because most people that I've talked to about it seem to think they have experienced it.

D

deleted3782

I live in a very old house that is locally famous for being haunted. I grew up hearing of the events that have happened here. When I was fixing it up the construction workers added more stories. Guests here have added more stories...and of course I hear things in the dark of night that are hard to explain. Of course I don't try to explain them in the middle of the night, I just roll over and go back to sleep.

But I do believe in ghosts.

Edit: and psychics are NOT allowed in my house...I don't want to know more than I already do.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I think the question as phrased, ". . . do you believe [they] are possibly real/true?", leaves too much room for interpretation. I would have to say with an open mind that virtually anything is possible, which is not at all the same as saying I believe there's a strong likelihood, or any likelihood, of it being true.

Like Helga, I chose to answer yes only to the ones I have personally experienced and believe to be real beyond a shadow of doubt, which in my case was only two. There are a few others I may have experienced, but those are subject to personal interpretation. I've had other experiences of a metaphysical, paranormal and/or mystical nature which were not included in the list.