Paranormal, Unexplained & Strange Phenomenon

Which Strange, Unexplained or Paranormal Phenomenon do you think may be real?

• ESP (Extra Sensory Perception) or Psychics

Votes: 68 52.7%
  • Ghosts & Haunted Houses

Votes: 61 47.3%
  • Possession & Exorcism

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • Telekenisis (moving objects with only the mind)

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Contact with Extraterrestrials

Votes: 54 41.9%
  • Talking to the Dead

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Witchcraft

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Reincarnation

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 31 24.0%

• Total voters

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
By the way,notice that trying to explain most paranormal facts with science is the same as wanting to translate ancient egyptian language knowing only modern chinese.....it is simply NOT THE RIGHT INSTRUMENT. How can you verify the presence and nature of ghosts?you can see the spectrum through energy detectors,but then what?do you know more about their nature?No. Because they don't belong to this "Dimention" and they're not under any physical law.

I'd say that if something exists, it can be quantified and verified. We may not have the technology to do so yet, but I believe that at some point, if it is real, someone will come up with a way of doing so.

What gets me is that when people talk about worm holes and things like that which are mathematical constructs for which there is no physical evidence either, their existence is taken as fact, and yet the same scientists who believe whole-heartedly in them won't even admit to the possibility that unexplained phenomena like clairvoyance, ghosts etc may be real even though there is more evidence for their existence. Who's to say that the appearance of ghosts in certain locations isn't due to a wormhole creating a window between two times through which actual events can be viewed? Perhaps a clairvoyant has the ability to create a wormhole to the location they're viewing. Who knows? I don't. It's one possible explanation and it would be great to kill two birds with one stone as it were.

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd say that if something exists, it can be quantified and verified. We may not have the technology to do so yet, but I believe that at some point, if it is real, someone will come up with a way of doing so.

What gets me is that when people talk about worm holes and things like that which are mathematical constructs for which there is no physical evidence either, their existence is taken as fact, and yet the same scientists who believe whole-heartedly in them won't even admit to the possibility that unexplained phenomena like clairvoyance, ghosts etc may be real even though there is more evidence for their existence. Who's to say that the appearance of ghosts in certain locations isn't due to a wormhole creating a window between two times through which actual events can be viewed? Perhaps a clairvoyant has the ability to create a wormhole to the location they're viewing. Who knows? I don't. It's one possible explanation and it would be great to kill two birds with one stone as it were.

I understand your point. i agree with the fact that one should not have pre-judges just because something doesn't have a palese evidence;be it a scientist or a normal guy.
I don't think science will explain everything because we cannot really understand what is behind our physical and daily life. For two reasons: one- if we knew for sure that God was there,looking at us every single moment,spirits were anywhere with us,reincarnation existed, we couldn't possibly live our lives being free. Imagine that you knew for sure that God is there....how would one choose to do something wrong?
It's an example.
Second reason: our minds are very limited and focused on what is useful for us. Getting a big amount of information about the unexplainable would drive us crazy,or we just won't be able to understand. Metaphysic theories are very hard tounderstand because we can only experience a little part of them. Our minds are focused on having 5 senses, eating,drinking,reproducing,leading our normal lives and our mind is conceived to do this. Everything that is our of this ray of action is "mistery",and most of us cannot even see,perceive,understand,experience it. A clairvoyant or a medium etc,when real,is a person who has a wider ray of action and uses other senses....but still it is nothing compared to what there would be.
I know these words may sound hard to understand....i don't have a better way to explain that. I talk on my personal experience but don't want to sound like the "I am the truth" guy cuz i'm really not. I have my ideas that come from MY very personal and peculiar experience...but this is all!

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
my daughter bought an old house and the first time my wife and I stayed over we both heard noises in the passage way. I asked my daughter about it and she said..." Oh it that old lady that died here in 1933, she's harmless" WTF!!!

One should help her. She can't stay in the house after death....it is not meant to be. One should understand why and how she's still there after 1933....maybe your daughter can help her. She should try.

joseph_hung

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When it comes to spirits,people like you always "label" it as paranoia. Not everything in life is caused by that. Having paranoia is mostly as hard to happen as seeing a ghost. When spirits communicate to you and tell you things you coulnd't know,and you later discover they were true,that's a proof that it's not paranoia.

What i can tell you about witchcraft is that our minds have powers you can't imagine. And some people,for their own nature,can use these powers to produce effects in reality. Most people are fake but believe me,i've had physical proofs by people who are really gifted and that's quite scaring....if people started believing in the power within themselves,we could move mountains....

Finally,about reincarnation....i cannot tell exactly everything that happened to me....it is not the right place. But a part from what i experienced with hypnosis, i've then remembered facts about that lif,names,dates and found many correspondances with what i do in my actual life,strange facts happened to me,behaviours i have now and did not have a reason to be etc....

People like you will forever think that everything is rational,until they will get hit themselves by paranormal facts....even that moment,you will always classify it as something rational,to feel safe enough...that's why mysteries remain mysteries through the time...because if people like you knew how real some things really are,they would drive crazy,scared of everything....but some of us know...
whoa, what's with all this "people like you?" I'm not going to apologize for thinking about the world rationally. And I'm not labeling that feeling of someone else being in the room as paranoia; it's already labeled as that, and it's something everyone is sure to experience throughout their life. And it sounds to me as though your experience is with something you may not have paid attention to, but the information was still processed in your head anyway; that's exactly how muscle memory works.

And we already move mountains (see Legio X Fretensis of the First Jewish-Roman War), lifted islands (see Dubai), converted land to islands (Dutch Water Line), emptied seas (Aral Sea), and negated earthquakes (Osaka Bay). We have science to think for all this. Witchcraft is people lying about their experiences, setting up magic shows, or convinced that it really must be magic when it seems to work after the 1000th time.

And I have my own habits and phobias, too. I don't look for answers for quirks in a past life, though. If there's any real cause for a habit or phobia at all (and there certainly doesn't have to be) and you can't remember, you might want to ask your parents about any of your childhood experiences if you're really curious.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By the way,notice that trying to explain most paranormal facts with science is the same as wanting to translate ancient egyptian language knowing only modern chinese.....it is simply NOT THE RIGHT INSTRUMENT. How can you verify the presence and nature of ghosts?you can see the spectrum through energy detectors,but then what?do you know more about their nature?No. Because they don't belong to this "Dimention" and they're not under any physical law.
If ghosts do not reflect or radiate electromagnetic energy, do not belong to this "Dimention" (is that a combination of "dimension" and "dementia"?), and do not work in accordance with any physical law, then in what respect do they have any kind of physical existence? If you admit that they have no physical existence, then what manner of existence do they have? The only kind that I can think of is that some people think that they are there. Since there is no physical correlate to their belief, how does this get us beyond the fact that people imagine things to be present that are not present?

Me neither. :redface:

Only one I was tempted to vote for is ESP - altho I dont think there's anything spooky about it. More likely to be explained by a close connection between two ppl, where they're subconsciously tuned into the way the other thinks and feels.

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If ghosts do not reflect or radiate electromagnetic energy, do not belong to this "Dimention" (is that a combination of "dimension" and "dementia"?), and do not work in accordance with any physical law, then in what respect do they have any kind of physical existence? If you admit that they have no physical existence, then what manner of existence do they have? The only kind that I can think of is that some people think that they are there. Since there is no physical correlate to their belief, how does this get us beyond the fact that people imagine things to be present that are not present?

They are in a form that is more subtle....it is a long metaphysic discussion which is hard to have in a few lines here. Our technology and our senses are not "sensitive" enough to perceive them,because they are too subtle. They exist but we can't normally see/feel/touch them because our minds and so our technology is not subtle enough.

You can imagine ghosts of any kind. Many people who pretend to be medium do. But when you get information from these spirits,you had no idea of and you found this information(dates,situations,facts etc) to be true,then it cannot be imagination nor "paranoia" as someone said above.

Obviously,i want to remark the fact that these are EXCEPTIONAL facts. Most people who claim to see ghosts are just out of mind.

By the way,you know that FBI uses PHSYCHICS AND MEDIUMS to solve crimes they can't solve for lack of proofs,traces etc? Many crimes and disappearence cases have been solved all over the World with the help of such people....so it means they have something special,that is not obviously paranoia. If paranoia could solve crimes,then we all should be paranoic!

Icky

Experimental Member
Media
Oh please. You know what the invisible has a lot in common with? The non-existant.

To quote Isaac Asimov.

"I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it. The wilder and more ridiculous something is, however, the firmer and more solid the evidence will have to be."

And there is absolutely no empiric or solid scientific evidence for any of these phenomenon.

Skeptic

Last edited:

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If it were totally invisible and non-existant,no man would have ever experienced that and not even the idea of these phenomenon would exist on Earth....

Icky

Experimental Member
Media
If it were totally invisible and non-existant,no man would have ever experienced that and not even the idea of these phenomenon would exist on Earth....

Or they are made up to explain events or phenomenon that people can't explain or understand with their limited knowledge. By your logic everything from the norse gods of Valhalla to Harry Potter should exist in some form.

Last edited:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Come, now: do you really mean to say that you don't find anything wrong with the reasoning that you offer--viz.:
I believe in reincarnation. For as long as I can remember I've had the feeling that I was at a circus and the tent caught on fire.
Why should your having such a feeling be taken as ground for concluding that you had a previous life in which you had such an experience?

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
There is something out there that is common and from accounts i've heard about extremely dangerous. There is no joke and a sincere warning. Do nor try it under any circumstances. I do not know how often something like this happens.
Its the ojuia board which i believe is some sort of children's game ? I casually mentioned it years ago to 2 friends who are as middle class and straight as they come. One is a high school teacher and the other a real estate agent. The high school teacher mentioned that he had a sister who was playing the game with a friend when suddenly a piece or pieces started to move by themselves. They ran screaming into the bathroom. The same thing happen to my other friend's wife.
The game is still out there and i guess played safely most of the time but these stories are out there. Anyone else have the same thing happen ?
Then there were 2 public television specials i saw. One was by bill moyers the famous reporter. He hosted a 5 part special on east and west medicine. One day he an his tv crew went to a park in peking to interview residents about eastern medicine. Just by chance, unless you believe bill and public televison planted this event , they ran across an elderly short white chinese man doing some exercises. When he saw the tv crew he announced i will plant myself in this spot and i challenge anyone to move me from this spot. Some tourists then approached him and tried to shovel him to no avail. One tourist actually climbed on his shoulders to no avail. Then 10 or so people formed a line and together pushed him and suddenly they went flying all over the place. This short white hair man was unmoveable. Unless you think pbs and bill moyers set this up its unreal and a view into another reality. Then there was the pbs specials they had on the brothers who explored eastern asia for 10 years or so. They ran across a man who claimed he could heat up his stomach area. They place a piece of paper on his stomach area and it started to burn. Then a female producer approached him and placed her hand on his stomach area and quickly removed it. These tapes are probably still in the pbs archives.

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is something out there that is common and from accounts i've heard about extremely dangerous. There is no joke and a sincere warning. Do nor try it under any circumstances. I do not know how often something like this happens.
Its the ojuia board which i believe is some sort of children's game ? I casually mentioned it years ago to 2 friends who are as middle class and straight as they come. One is a high school teacher and the other a real estate agent. The high school teacher mentioned that he had a sister who was playing the game with a friend when suddenly a piece or pieces started to move by themselves. They ran screaming into the bathroom. The same thing happen to my other friend's wife.
The game is still out there and i guess played safely most of the time but these stories are out there. Anyone else have the same thing happen ?
Then there were 2 public television specials i saw. One was by bill moyers the famous reporter. He hosted a 5 part special on east and west medicine. One day he an his tv crew went to a park in peking to interview residents about eastern medicine. Just by chance, unless you believe bill and public televison planted this event , they ran across an elderly short white chinese man doing some exercises. When he saw the tv crew he announced i will plant myself in this spot and i challenge anyone to move me from this spot. Some tourists then approached him and tried to shovel him to no avail. One tourist actually climbed on his shoulders to no avail. Then 10 or so people formed a line and together pushed him and suddenly they went flying all over the place. This short white hair man was unmoveable. Unless you think pbs and bill moyers set this up its unreal and a view into another reality. Then there was the pbs specials they had on the brothers who explored eastern asia for 10 years or so. They ran across a man who claimed he could heat up his stomach area. They place a piece of paper on his stomach area and it started to burn. Then a female producer approached him and placed her hand on his stomach area and quickly removed it. These tapes are probably still in the pbs archives.

A part from documentaries on tv,which i don't always believe,the Ouija board is one of the worst "game" one could play. It's very common among adolescents and it is played as much as twister or normal group games.
It is very dangerous and i repeat that everytime people come and ask for help for what happened to them. NEVER PLAY WITH THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW AND YOU CAN'T HANDLE!!!
If you don't believe it,then there's no reason to try. If you do believe it,you had better not try!
Sometimes it happens nothing appearently. Sometimes nothing happens at all. Some other times things go bad. The risk goes from possession to death...and just for a game!
Normally,human people can easily invoke the spirits that are closer to them. It is almost impossible to invoke/evoke the dead person one wants to,when they're not experts. The closest spirits are low entities,which are the ones that are at the low levels of evolution....which are normally "bad". They can cause diseases and problems of any kind. They can lead to madness,depression,suicide. They can possess sometimes,they can remain stuck in the room where they have been invoked forever,causing hauntings and troubles of any kind.
Stuff like the Ouija board shouldn't be sold at all,together with books of black magic and invocations of major spirits. They should have a censure. People easily mess up with satanic rituals and whatever....we hear about that often on the news...they get til murder,so these books and tools shouldn't be sold at least to people under 18,and shoudn't be easily accessible to anyone. NEVER PLAY WITH WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW AND YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY CONTROL!

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
On the other hand there was a sentence or 2 and a link to a suppose reunion in an article , on the net , i read years ago. I never bothered to research it. There was supposely a monastery ten blocks from where the atomic bomb was dropped in japan. Of course everything that closed was evaporated but the monastery and the monks in the monastery were left standing and alive. The article on the reunion , from what i could tell , seemed authentic. When asked why and how they were spared they simply replied the only reason we can think of is we were deeply commited to reciting the rosary daily. Its pretty obscure. I might someday try to find out more.

joseph_hung

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
They are in a form that is more subtle....it is a long metaphysic discussion which is hard to have in a few lines here. Our technology and our senses are not "sensitive" enough to perceive them,because they are too subtle. They exist but we can't normally see/feel/touch them because our minds and so our technology is not subtle enough.

You can imagine ghosts of any kind. Many people who pretend to be medium do. But when you get information from these spirits,you had no idea of and you found this information(dates,situations,facts etc) to be true,then it cannot be imagination nor "paranoia" as someone said above.

Obviously,i want to remark the fact that these are EXCEPTIONAL facts. Most people who claim to see ghosts are just out of mind.

By the way,you know that FBI uses PHSYCHICS AND MEDIUMS to solve crimes they can't solve for lack of proofs,traces etc? Many crimes and disappearence cases have been solved all over the World with the help of such people....so it means they have something special,that is not obviously paranoia. If paranoia could solve crimes,then we all should be paranoic!
If they're too subtle for us OR our technology to sense them, how do we have any reason to believe they exist in the first place? And i'm sure if you were to retrace your steps if you knew any information you think is impossible to know about, you'd find that you had in fact learned it beforehand but simply paid no attention to it until something triggered a response.

And the FBI employs many private parties for various tasks, but it's all a waste of money; those "psychics" and criminal profilers and the like have no higher success rates than regular cops using old-fashioned police work. You're talking about cases solved by hard-working police detectives and giving credit for their years of investigations to con artists. If psychic detectives had any way of finding criminals and/or missing people without forensics or detective work, something like this wouldn't still be a mystery: 6 People Who Just Fucking Disappeared | Cracked.com

Any "psychic" detective you find is guaranteed to solve crimes (if they do so at all) in a somewhat less boring--though probably just as entertaining--fashion as Shawn Spencer in Psych.

And the CIA also used to experiment with psychics (when they found out the Russians were, and didn't want to risk falling behind if it were credible). They eventually stopped. During the Cold War. Because they had seen run enough basic experiments (like having a bunch of psychics say which box in a vault had a photo in it) to realize that they were just guessing or using (not so) clever vague descriptions with ambiguous meanings.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Witch turns and raises eyebrow at the Ouija board with the four decks of tarot and a bag of rune stones setting on her book case?