Parcells Declares No Thugs or Hoodlums on His Team!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bill Parcells on Building Dolphins Roster: 'I Don't Want Thugs and Hoodlums on the Team'

Posted Dec 27th 2007 6:11PM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: Dolphins, Miami, Breaking News

New Dolphins head honcho Bill Parcells had his introductory news conference today, and it was an event in which he appeared calmer and more thoughtful than he ever had in media events when he was a coach.

Eschewing his usual coaching sweatshirt for a sport coat and button-up shirt with no tie, Parcells dressed the part of the team executive and offered a few thoughts on what kind of team he plans to build in Miami.

"I don't want thugs and hoodlums on the team," Parcells said of the types of players he'll try to acquire. "I really don't. I don't want bad-character guys. I don't want problem children."

When asked why he has, again, come out of retirement and gone back into competition, Parcells said, "I've quit being ashamed of what I am. I'm a guy who loves football. ... You call it, mabye, a male menopause, when you realize you're no longer ashamed of what you are. ... I can't get the game out of my system. I do love the game very much."

Parcells offered no insight into whether he'll retain coach Cam Cameron, saying only that after the season, he and Cameron "will have a good long discussion."

IMHO, it's about darn time that someone realized this is a major issue that needs to be dealt with instead of swept under the carpet.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Talk is cheap. Parcells doesn't have the squeakiest clean "nice-guy" reputation in the NFL.

If it comes down to a choice between talent and character, history shows which type of players pro sports fans want to watch.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Talk is cheap. Parcells doesn't have the squeakiest clean "nice-guy" reputation in the NFL.

If it comes down to a choice between talent and character, history shows which type of players pro sports fans want to watch.

Well the Dolphins clearly don't have any talent, so maybe they're going for the next best thing.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As long as players are talented, they will be drafted and paid.

Allen Iverson, for example, is the result of decades of NBA marketing. It's like he came to life from one of their own magazine ads or commercials.

I'll wait and see the Tuna in action before I get all excited over this.

jorpollew

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So, it appears that Parcells is trying to recruit either:
Choir boys who can play football or
Football players who can act as choir boys.

I'm sure that Parcells (and everyone else) knows that neither he nor the organization can "legislate" integrity, ethics and good morals. Still, I applaud Parcells method, because he is setting high standards and also sending out a warning: "Thugs need not apply!" And the most phenomenally talented athletes with questionable spotty pasts may decline consideration in order to avoid the scrutiny. And Parcells might attrct some talent who are weary of dealing with rogue team mates and bad team press.

But it probably won't matter much, b/c in the long run and at any cost, hometown fans want two things: winning scores and championship trophies. In a distant 3rd place, there is good morals and ethics.