Parental Threats.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NJ's thread made me think of this. What empty threats did your parents used to make when you were really naughty. My mother used to threaten

I'll send you to the Ragged School

If you don't stop crying I'll give you something to cry for

The baby Jesus is watching you - until I decided I didn't believe in the baby Jesus I imagined Jesus lived in the sideboard in our sitting room.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know, for the most part I didn't listen. Though I do recall threats with being put up for adoption and foster homes once or twice.

My folks seldom bothered with threats - by then it was pointless, they had already taken action!

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you don't get straight "A"s on your next report card I'm sending you to the "special school" (a school for downs syndrome and special needs kids.)

If you sleep with some one out of wedlock everyone will know your a cheap slut and you'll go to hell.

Big en

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We were threatened with a switch, 'Don't make me get the switch'. In today's terms it may sound barbaric, but none of us ever went to jail or were brought home by the police, so it put the fear of God in us. Basically a switch is a thin branch of a tree, best when stripped of the leaves and green for extra pain. Ouch:biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NJ's thread made me think of this. What empty threats did your parents used to make when you were really naughty. My mother used to threaten:
I'll send you to the Ragged School All the neighborhood moms threatened to sell their bad children to the gypsys the next time they came around. Since the largest gypsy camp in North America was in the next town over that was enough to make us straighten up and fly right.:tongue:

If you don't stop crying I'll give you something to cry for I heard this one a lot as I was an emotionally sensitive child and prone to cry at the drop of a hat.

The baby Jesus is watching you - until I decided I didn't believe in the baby Jesus I imagined Jesus lived in the sideboard in our sitting room.
hahahaha that's so cute

If you don't get straight "A"s on your next report card I'm sending you to the "special school" (a school for downs syndrome and special needs kids.) Mom would say: I'll give you $1 for each A you get. Last marking period I had to give your cousin $6 don't you want to beat her. My answer at 7 years old was, "No, I'm not competitive like that." The only A's I got in high school were in Art, Choir, and US History. I had a crush on the head of the history department. :tongue:
If you sleep with some one out of wedlock everyone will know your a cheap slut and you'll go to hell.
Well duh all girls hear that one don't they? :rolleyes::confused:

We were threatened with a switch, 'Don't make me get the switch'. In today's terms it may sound barbaric, but none of us ever went to jail or were brought home by the police, so it put the fear of God in us. Basically a switch is a thin branch of a tree, best when stripped of the leaves and green for extra pain. Ouch:biggrin1:
I know what a switch is, but how do you know? Are you originally from the southeast US? My nana once hit my cousin so hard with a weeping willow switch I cried! :redface: (She was high yellow and each time Nana hit her it left a horrible big red welp around her legs.)

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd forgotten about the threat of being sold to the gypsies, my mum used that one too, it was rather ineffectual as I loved the idea of having a flouncy skirt and a tambourine with ribbons on which I'd jangle as I danced around the campfire surrounded by traditional romany caravans :)

Big en

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hahahaha that's so cute

Well duh all girls hear that one don't they? :rolleyes::confused:

I know what a switch is, but how do you know? Are you originally from the southeast US? My nana once hit my cousin so hard with a weeping willow switch I cried! :redface: (She was high yellow and each time Nana hit her it left a horrible big red welp around her legs.)

Yes Girl. lived my early years SC and NC. You should have seen our lily white legs...and it would sting for hours...:eek:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since I was born:

You're being chucked out when you're 16
"Just wait til you're 16" etc etc

I'll send you to the Children's Home

I'll send you to your nan's :)eek:)

Sold to the gypsies, that's funny!

Me: What's for tea
Mother: Your favourite; Shit with sugar on :biggrin1:

"Don't bring sluts back here"

"What are you playin at?"

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If my brother and I talked during church and my dad woke up to hear it, he would give us a horsebite.(grabbing lots of skin and pinch) Then he'd say "if you cry everyone will think you're a baby) Worked for me!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My aunts and uncles used to tell stories about their mom punishing them by kneeling on rice in a corner while praying the rosary. As a young child, I didn't understand the threat...my naive mind was envisioning cooked rice. It wasn't until sometime later that I realized the implication was raw rice grains.

Ahhh, Catholicism, how I've missed thee so...

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My aunts and uncles used to tell stories about their mom punishing them by kneeling on rice in a corner while praying the rosary. As a young child, I didn't understand the threat...my naive mind was envisioning cooked rice. It wasn't until sometime later that I realized the implication was raw rice grains.

Ahhh, Catholicism, how I've missed thee so...
I know about this , i was raised in the catholic religion too.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll tan your ass

I'll blister your backside

If you don't knock it off, I'll kick you out

I'll call the cops & have them remove you(when I was 21, & refused to take a job my mom told someone else I would without asking me forehand. She got huffy because I exercised my dgnity/pride/self respect.)

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For failure to complete assignments or chores in a timely manner; I was often told I would be exposed as an illegal and sent back to Najaf. What an illegal actually was, was beyond my comprehension when she first said this; but, it worked- at least for the next few weeks, then it was back to my usual sloth. Apart from that threat she never delivered any idle threats- she was a firm woman who would follow through on other punishments.

My grandfather on the other hand, who was as much like a father to me as possible; since my own father was absent most often, would use empty threats to cajole me into doing things which needed to be done. He would threaten to eat all my treats, to keep the blanket all to himself (we were not wealthy and there were for many years 4 in one bed- myself, my 2 brothers and our grandfather), he would tell me he would bring me to the police and leave me there until some orphanage came to claim me- and then I would be in forced labor every day. When I was 9 or 10 (in the 4th grade) he placed a horrific book in front of me which showed pictures of children in the streets, laying in alley ways and things of that terrible sort. These children looked cold and hungry and I had no desire to join their ranks. The book, was by a man named Jacob Riis and sent chills up and down my spine! It held a great amount of power over me for the next 2 years; after which I returned to my old troublesome ways. In all fairness, he never did follow through on those threats, and rarely placed a hand upon me in anger, although he did have a loud temper.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My parents didn't bother with threats. Dad would always start taking off his belt, and we immediately knew we were dead!!

Now that I'm grown, (more or less) and my parents screw up, I always hit them with the line: "You two just don't seem to realize just how hard it is to raise good parents these days!!"