Parental Threats.

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
My mom would use anything in her reach (Broom, remote control, Iron, Telivision antena) to beat the living daylights out of us.

I had an abusive father, so I had the same, maybe worse. But at the same time, before my mother knew what was hapenning, she used to always say that "... i'm going to hang you up by your eyelashes." After she found out I never heard anything like that again.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My mother never made threats....

She made guaranteed promises...

:biggrin1: Old school black mothers are like that. Mine was the same way. :cool:

My great aunt often cared for her grandchildren who were my cousins. She was to say the least a colorful character. Some of her more interesting threats:
  • If y'all don't stop makin'all that noise I'm gonna beat the black off your narrow behind.
  • I'm gonna beat your sorry ass till it bleeds.
She had a gift for sewing that few could match. She could look at a dress in a store window then buy the material and make it for anybody in any size needed. She made the world's best fried chicken and devils food cake. She died in December 2005 and we all still miss her something fierce. :frown1: