Parenting: cleaning uncut ones

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by HyperHulk, May 9, 2008.

1. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    Ok, I have a question here because I'm cut but plan on leaving my "future" son intact. How long does a parent have to clean their kid and at what age can the kid do this on his own and do parents have to remind their kids to clean it? Like with kids who are learning to potty train, you say, did you wipe and did you wash your hands? Or even, did you brush your teeth? Do parents say to their son, did you wash your pee pee?

For you guys who are uncircumcised, do you remember cleaning yourself at an early age and did you always do it or is it something that doesn't become an issue until you're older?

I seriously have no idea how parents approach this.

This is purely a hygiene issue question, don't dare make this a sex and kid thing.

2. bigmix

bigmix New Member

congratulations! for the new member to come..

as an uncut man, i was taught to clean it since i was small around 5 or 6.. but mine was phimosis so it was really hard to let the glan come out.. (i also passed the process of bleeding as i left my glan out some time during my teen along the 'let it out' process, the skin was sooooooooooo tight. and it made me bleeding when peeing!! it came out around my 15-16, and i found that i couldn't roll it back since i was 18, so it grows very well since then.. haha.. today i just leave the glan out, couldn't roll back again. it's too loose to cover back anymore.. haha..) my mom was asked by some of her friends to bring me to do it, she asked my dad if he agreed, my dad told her that his glan came out when he was around 12-13!! so it's normal.. just tried to roll it everyday and it would ease the stretching the prepuce ..

i think today's kids learn fast, so you can teach him when he knows how to walk, and go to pee on his own, it will come automatically with that kinda process.. make it natural.. all my 3 brothers are uncut too, no man in my family is cut..

enjoy uncut-ing.. ;)

3. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    Cheers for that, but I'm not having a son anytime soon. I mean at some point in the future if I have one. I mentioned in another thread that I wouldn't have my "son" cut but then I realized I had no idea how to handle the uncut thing because I wasn't uncut.

4. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

From Newborns: Care of the Uncircumcised Penis

Hope that helps ease your mind, Hulk.

5. lvsxy808

Gold Member

Albums:
    I understand that when they are very young, the foreskin doesn't actually peel back properly anyway, it's still attached to the glans, and you shouldn't force it or you might damage it. Since no-one should be sniffing under a five-year-old's foreskin anyway, that isn't usually a problem.

I would say that you bring it up during the traditional "birds and bees (and whatever elses)" talk. Simply point out that a potential partner appreciates a pristine pecker, and that should they some time in the future intend to have sex, they should be thoroughly cleaned before hand. Although not with a steel-wool scourer.

Hell, just tell them to do it whenever they shower. Easy. Really, there's no need to "handle the uncut thing" - just tell him it's a part of the body that needs cleaning, just like every other part.

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Very good, Manly. Very good.

Really, it's so much less an issue than is widely understood.

7. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    Yeah! That's great, I don't have to worry about it or go near it. That does help and removes that particular anxiety. Thanks.

8. B_The Greek Dude

B_The Greek Dude New Member

As i've said before: My mom told me to hold back my foreskin when she bathed me as far back as I can remember (about a year old). She didn't wait until I was older to teach me, so that by the time I could take a bath or shower by myself, I already knew that I was supposed to clean it out. As with anything: what you teach your children in the first two years of their life will stick with them forever.

9. dolfette

Gold Member

my son is 7 now.
    he's never had any problems with his foreskin.
    as a baby, i just wiped the outside...no rolling back.
    now i tell him to roll it back in the bath. a rinse is all it needs.

it really is very easy to cope with :smile:

10. Freddie53

Gold Member

My mom taught me how to clean it as a little boy. She would ask up until about third grade if I was doig it, but She would ask, if I was keeping it clean, but she didn't check after about third grade.

Draft saved Draft deleted