longverythick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Father - 5'10" 155
Mother - 5'4" 130
Me - 5'11" 220

Average your parents' height, add or subtract three for male or female. 65% of the time the child is within two inches of that.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That is not really quite surprising.
BTW the average difference between male and female height is about 6" with the adding or subtracting you are eliminating that.
You could just as well only take the parent of the same sex as reference.

longverythick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Add 3 for male, subtract for female. example - in my case average is 5'7"

5'10" for male
5'4" for female

Those are average heights.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The average by now i think is 5 11" for men and 5 5" for women.
It depends a little from country to country, but about that, still it is interestingly consistent in moth countries that the average difference between male and female is 6".
That strongly suggests that this is true for the average difference of those who childs too is 6". Because there actually are reasons to believe that tall women attract taller man, iu suspect that the standard derivation is rather small. Meaning that for a lot of parents the differnce is 6" or very close to that. If you average their heights than and then either add or subtract 3" you will get to the height of the parent of the same gender in most cases. You are a perfect example.
The average height of your parents is 5 7" adding 3" gets you exactly to your fathers height. What i am saying is, that the percentage of men who are within 2" of the height of their father will be pretty lose to the percentage that you get from your calculation

longverythick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am 5'11" - 6'0" in height and still growing. I grew two inches in the past two years so I am guessing I'll be 6'0.5" fully grown.