Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Hi,

I just thought I'd post a personal experience for parents of boys to be aware of but I doubt many people will need this information.

When I was 11, I had a swollen and VERY sore left testicle. The next day I was taken to see the doctor, and by 1pm I was in emergency surgery for a possible twisted testicle, which can kink the blood vessels and restrict blood flow and eventually result in the teste effectively dying. It turned out to be something slightly different (twisted hydatid)... BUT... as well as dealing with the issue the surgeon performed what's called a Bilateral Orchidopexy. This involves attaching the testes to the inside of the scrotum to prevent them from rotating inside. (There are other reasons for this surgery which are also quite valid)

Over the last 20 years or so, I've experienced 'twinges' of pain and occasional aches, and I've had to advise sexual partners to be very gentle when it comes to handling my balls. Recently I was on the receiving end of some attention down there, and my partner was being slightly more exuberant than usual. It wasn't painful, it was slightly uncomfortable, but I was enjoying things so I didn't say anything.

Since then I've had almost constant aching. I've seen my doctor who has pinpointed the pain as being in the same place as the stitches. I've had a testicular ultrasound and while I'm yet to see my doctor again next week for official results, I've taken a look at the film I was given and the sonographer has put in snapshots labeled as a 'strain'. My doctor is probably going to give me a referral to a urologist to see if I can get the stitches removed.

So my point is this: based on my personal experience, this procedure has caused me discomfort and I really don't think it has helped me very much seeing as the chances of getting a twisted testicle aren't all that common. If your son has a similar issue and does need surgical intervention - please check if they intend to perform this procedure and talk to your doctor as to whether they think it's really necessary.

killerdive

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm only 18 and I had it done last year after having had to go to the ER 4 times without any surgery. they finally decided to operate and yes I've had aches and pains like you for the past year but I haven't had any more torsions which I'm happy about.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for sharing. I love reading the forums and learning things like this. It probably won't happen but good to be informed just in case.

joeweekend..most guys I've been with have advised me to be very careful with the balls so not sure why yours are so durable!

cestmoi1979

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm only 18 and I had it done last year after having had to go to the ER 4 times without any surgery. they finally decided to operate and yes I've had aches and pains like you for the past year but I haven't had any more torsions which I'm happy about.

Killerdive - do you mean you were in emergency with testicular torsion 4 times? Damn that's gotta suck. My advice to you now is make sure they're always handled extremely gently cos I wouldn't wish this aching on anyone!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One of TheBF's friends also had testicular torsion, however the outcome was much better. He said it was unbelievably painful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Thank you for sharing your experiences here.

Last edited:

technopeasant

Experimental Member
Media
Yes parents should be very aware of this I lost one from testicular torsion when I was eleven. That seems to be the optimal age for torsion. 11-13 Personally I think it has something to do with playing with them but I wouldn't swear to it. That also seems to be the optimal age for the beginning of puberty as well.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Had that too. It's unbelievable hurt! I'd rather have kidney stones again than go through that a second time.

Fortunately my doctor had been through the same thing so he had done a lot of research on the subject. He told me that it was from wearing underwear. The balls lose their natural support and can twist easily, especially during puberty when everything's constantly changing. He went on to say that before men's underwear was invented, it almost never happened unless you were doing something extremely strenuous and stupid.

Doing my own research over the years, I learned that men were never designed to wear underwear, let alone clothes. It's very bad for men. Besides losing the support for the balls, it decreases fertility, doesn't let the penis "stretch out", and the equipment doesn't get enough air.

So, for excellent health---FREEBALL!! :biggrin1:

cestmoi1979

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
An update:

The results of my testicular ultrasound don't reveal any varicocoele (enlargement of the veins) or hydrocoele (collection of fluid around the testes) but they did reveal a cyst a the head of the epididymis EACH SIDE - so a cyst on each testicle - which I'm told are benign and they don't usually do anything about them.

I've also had a sperm count to see if there's been any negative impact and I've been told so far there are some 'minor' abnormalities. I have an appointment with my GP soon to discuss all this.

Apart from all this I'm still in pain. *sigh* Things don't seem to be going very well down there. =(