Parents of Madeleine McCann Questioned

Midark1

1st Like
Media
I suspected them from the beginning. Who would leave a 4 year old and 2 year old twins alone ina hotel room while they went out to eat? Even if it was nearby----and in a foreign country!!!! These people are both doctors but not a lick of common sense betwen the two of them.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It seems bizarre.

I think it's awfully peculiar that parents would leave three children that young (two year old twins and four year old Madeleine) in an apartment while going off to have dinner nearby.

I mean, like, come ON! Do you know what kind of trouble kids that young get up to?

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just heard on the news that Mrs McCann is telling her relatives she's been advised (by the police I think) to admit to the killing and she might only have to serve two years...interesting development.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have been watching this case and it just didn't sound right from the get go. I can't imagine they'd let the culprit off with just two years. I mean every major star and the Pope has come to their aid. Didn't Posh and Beck do a PSA for them?

It all sounds very strange. I know we worry when our littlest one's are out of sight for a minute. I can't imaging them leaving the child alone. Especially when most resorts have free babysitters.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:eek:

That was a disturbing, sad case.

My thoughts from the beginning were that Madaleine's parents were in some way 'wrong'. If only for leaving their children alone in a foreign country. But now it seems there's more to it than that.

I did wonder if Mrs McCann isn't just saying she was told to admit her guilt when she is just going to confess anyway. Two years would seem lenient.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:eek:

That was a disturbing, sad case.

My thoughts from the beginning were that Madaleine's parents were in some way 'wrong'. If only for leaving their children alone in a foreign country. But now it seems there's more to it than that.

I did wonder if Mrs McCann isn't just saying she was told to admit her guilt when she is just going to confess anyway. Two years would seem lenient.

Or are they saying...

"Turn in your husband and we'll let you cop a deal."

Happens too many times. All I know is it will be very hard for the prosecution to make a case without a body.

Man4menu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can’t understand how people can bring children into the world and not wanting them after they are born.
This is very Sad.

It’s even sadder when they murder their own children.

God Bless the children were ever they may be.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can’t understand how people can bring children into the world and not wanting them after they are born.
This is very Sad.

It’s even sadder when they murder their own children.

God Bless the children were ever they may be.

I will admit, our little daughter was number 4 and unexpected as we were told that we could not have kids. I can't imagine life without her and nothing in this world would make me want to part with her.

I don't want to know what goes through people like that's minds

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Especially when they are doctors, supposed professionals. The McCann's don't come across as all that intelligent to me either...hmm. I guess it's one big ball of confusion!

Yes, I plugged a Temptations song! :cool:

palmit

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think this story has garnered too much media coverage from the beginning.

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
More than anything I worry for the parents, parents of children missing around the world who weren't able to launch a high profile campaign... I hope their children find safety tonight, and their parents peace within themselves to face tommorrow...

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
Or we could, y'know, wait and see what happens before we condemn them. You do all remember the 'innocent until proven guilty' bit?

Yeah, but it's hardly practiced here in the US anyway.

And anyhow, these aren't US citizens. Just as "Freedom of Speech!" doesn't apply to the entire world of the internet (even though people seem to think it does), "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" isn't world-applicable either.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Given the high profile of the case I would imagine the police would have to have a pretty solid case before making her an official suspect. In any case where a child disappears or is murdered the parents are high on the lists of people likely to have been behind it and to me these parents struck a wrong note from the beginning, if that had been my child I wouldn't have been able to face the public, and I would never have left my child alone in any case and for someone to do that in a place they're unfamiliar with is doubly strange. If a single mother in the UK had done that the social services would have swooped like hawks. They were both doctors and as such would be well aware of the implications of dna testing and what would constitute damning evidence and how to dispose of a body. UK law does maintain that someone is innocent until proven guilty, human law says that the thought that a parent might kill a child is one that most of us can't understand and makes our blood run cold.