Parents of Madeleine McCann Questioned

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Given the high profile of the case I would imagine the police would have to have a pretty solid case before making her an official suspect. In any case where a child disappears or is murdered the parents are high on the lists of people likely to have been behind it and to me these parents struck a wrong note from the beginning, if that had been my child I wouldn't have been able to face the public, and I would never have left my child alone in any case and for someone to do that in a place they're unfamiliar with is doubly strange. If a single mother in the UK had done that the social services would have swooped like hawks. They were both doctors and as such would be well aware of the implications of dna testing and what would constitute damning evidence and how to dispose of a body. UK law does maintain that someone is innocent until proven guilty, human law says that the thought that a parent might kill a child is one that most of us can't understand and makes our blood run cold.

OK, but why offer the mother such a light sentence? I still say they must be going for a conviction of the father.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perhaps they fibbed to her to get her to admit it? It doesn't say who made the offer of two years, only that it was understood a 2 year sentence had been offered so I'd take that as rumour, if she only received 2 years there'd be a huge stink kicked up.

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Three words Spoiled Princess, "LACK" "OF" "PARENTING"

I see hundreds of parents each week and they are ruled by their kids, they give no guidance, submit to tantrums and demands, fail to fulfil threats, contradict themselves, and generally give the children free rein to effectively raise themselves, but with the negative dimensions of too much material attention to counter the guilt the parents feel for not spending "real" time with their children. Parent's at the moment seem to want to be best friends with their children over giving any decent upbringing.... Dogs and children need boundaries... otherwise they are uncontrollable.

Any wonder kids are going wild and crying out for some guidance and rules??

but back to the thread...

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this is aberdeen - news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars

The two year thing is official. Or at least now you know I wasn't making it up :tongue:

It's possible Madeleine died in some kind of accident, maybe slipped in the bath/shower and banged her head. But it still doesn't excuse them hiding the body so maybe there is something more sinister afoot.

The case continues...

B_Swimming Lad

Experimental Member
Media
If you had killed your child, why would you then hang around the place for the next 4 months?? If it were me i'd have buggered off to Mexico, never to be seen again, by now! lol