Parents think I am gay

hot97

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This past sunday my mom basically said she was worried that I was keeping somthing from her because I never talk about relationships i have and what girls I might be interested in at school......she then said that i will accept you no matter if i like a him or a her lol, just curious has anyone ever had that awkard conversation with their parents???????

o yeah I am only a little bi-curious, all I really want to with a guy is jackoff with them nothing more, just some little male bonding lol

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is the reason you dont have girlfriends? bad luck with girls ? you dont want to ( asexual ?) other reason ?

hot97

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
lol my bggest problem with girls @ school is I only like them while they are in relationships lol not when they are single.......there are a few gilrs that i am interested in but again I think they are with sombody right now:mad:

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol my bggest problem with girls @ school is I only like them while they are in relationships lol not when they are single.......there are a few gilrs that i am interested in but again I think they are with sombody right now:mad:
Do you try with many girls and all are taken ? you only try with few?

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I had this talk when I was younger. I was 18 and just getting ready to go off to college when my mother broached the subject. What she never realized was that I'd always had girlfriends but that my parents were so awkward and inept that I just didn't want to introduce that to the girls I was seeing. I thought it would be really off-putting to them. Then when I realized that lots of people have nutty parents, I stopped caring. Nobody's quite as eccentric as my my mom though, I'll give her that.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You are commitment phobic. :redface: Sadly, this is not an uncommon occurrence in the male populace.

Yeah, I had this talk when I was younger. I was 18 and just getting ready to go off to college when my mother broached the subject. What she never realized was that I'd always had girlfriends but that my parents were so awkward and inept that I just didn't want to introduce that to the girls I was seeing. I thought it would be really off-putting to them. Then when I realized that lots of people have nutty parents, I stopped caring. Nobody's quite as eccentric as my my mom though, I'll give her that.
My parents have only met 2 of my boyfriends for exactly that reason! My parents are neither awkward nor socially inept; however my mom is way too bourgeoisie (remember Kitty Montgomery on Dharma & Greg? That's my mom) and my dad is a black Archie Bunker. I love them but I would just as soon walk on hot coals as introduce a man I really liked to them.

DangerZone8877

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yeah, i mean my parents have wondered the same thing about me because i go for long periods of time between relationships. my last relationship ended really badly so i am definitely not ready to commit to anything unless i know it's absolutely right. they can think what they want, but i know what's true... so i don't worry about it. i feel weird talking to them about stuff like love, and i think that because i shy away from talking about that to them, they think i'm weird.

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

My parents have only met 2 of my boyfriends for exactly that reason! My parents are neither awkward nor socially inept; however my mom is way too bourgeoisie (remember Kitty Montgomery on Dharma & Greg? That's my mom) and my dad is a black Archie Bunker. I love them but I would just as soon walk on hot coals as introduce a man I really liked to them.

Haha, nice. Black Archie Bunker? ROFL, I really thought he only came in white.

D

deleted105034

lol @ ^^^ !!

Years after high school was over, I took some ecstasy at home with nothing to do, and I thought I would be able to handle watching a movie with my mom...NOT!

I ended up telling her about all kinds of stuff, including how I used to sneak out on week nights and walk across town to my girlfriend's house and sneak in her room (she was alone on the ground floor) and have sex with her until about 4:00 in the morning, when I usually only barely missed her dad leaving for work...

To my surprise, she said "Oh thank god I thought you were gay!"....

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
lol @ ^^^ !!

Years after high school was over, I took some ecstasy at home with nothing to do, and I thought I would be able to handle watching a movie with my mom...NOT!

I ended up telling her about all kinds of stuff, including how I used to sneak out on week nights and walk across town to my girlfriend's house and sneak in her room (she was alone on the ground floor) and have sex with her until about 4:00 in the morning, when I usually only barely missed her dad leaving for work...

To my surprise, she said "Oh thank god I thought you were gay!"....

I get that with church women. "Oh I thought you were straight." Dayum!! :rolleyes:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haha, nice. Black Archie Bunker? ROFL, I really thought he only came in white.
My dad used to not give me messages when my white boyfriend called and I wasn't home. :rolleyes: Once instead of simply covering the phone and caling me for the phone he held the phone near his mouth and then yelled to me, "that goddamn whiteboy is on the phone again." :biggrin1: Dad doesn't do subtle well.

Another time when I was in high school a blind date came to pick me up and because dad didn't like the looks of him, he told him the servants entrance was around the back and slammed the door in his face. :mad: We had no servants entrance, we had no servants. :rolleyes:

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My dad used to not give me messages when my white boyfriend called and I wasn't home. :rolleyes: Once instead of simply covering the phone and caling me for the phone he held the phone near his mouth and then yelled to me, "that goddamn whiteboy is on the phone again." :biggrin1: Dad doesn't do subtle well.

Another time when I was in high school a blind date came to pick me up and because dad didn't like the looks of him, he told him the servants entrance was around the back and slammed the door in his face. :mad: We had no servants entrance, we had no servants. :rolleyes:

lmao I like that guy! :cool: Sounds like one of my favorites, Mr. George Jefferson. I bet that white boy never called back.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
QT's...sorry sweety but this is frigging hilarious! Why didn't you record it? Why hasn't it been aired - good prime time viewing if you ask me. (sorry, but I just could't resist!)

Hot97, forgive me for going off track but WOW!!!! your parents are amazing. Don't you want to get them to create parenthood training manuals??? I'm being serious here.

Though it may sound awkward and you don't seem to like the idea that they think you're gay, they really are amazing and admirable. I think that any homosexual person could have such openminded and accepting parents. Truth be told, I think that a lot of people would want to have them as parents...so often one finds parents raising their kids in a very conditional, "you need to be my brick of putty so that I can make you into what I'd like" kind of way.

You have parents that you really can be proud of and that really is a big deal. I hope that this experience stays with you so that one day if you ever have kids, you'll be able to draw upon this and offer them the same amount of loving acceptance as you've received.

Good on them!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lmao I like that guy! :cool: Sounds like one of my favorites, Mr. George Jefferson. I bet that white boy never called back.
Of course he did, we were together for 12 years. It may be worth noting that the guy my dad told to use the servants entrance was black not white.:rolleyes:

QT's...sorry sweety but this is frigging hilarious! Why didn't you record it? Why hasn't it been aired - good prime time viewing if you ask me. (sorry, but I just could't resist!)Hahaha, I have learned to laugh at many of their insane antics. If I didn't I would be crying all the time.

Hot97, forgive me for going off track but WOW!!!! your parents are amazing. Don't you want to get them to create parenthood training manuals??? I'm being serious here.

so often one finds parents raising their kids in a very conditional, "you need to be my brick of putty so that I can make you into what I'd like" kind of way. That's the method preferred by my parents.:redface:

You have parents that you really can be proud of and that really is a big deal. I hope that this experience stays with you so that one day if you ever have kids, you'll be able to draw upon this and offer them the same amount of loving acceptance as you've received.

Good on them!

hot97

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
o dont get me wrong biguy2738. My dad is one of the biggest homophobic people on the face of this earth and would disown me if I ever decided to come out the closet. My mom would not disown me i dont think but she would not approve, and would probrabally stop talking to me as frequently as she does Now about 4 times a week. that would slow down to maybe once a month. I guess my mom would still somewhat love me because I am her son, but they REALLY dont agree with homosexuality.........and the fact that i am in-different towards homosexuallity might make them uncomfortable.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This past sunday my mom basically said she was worried that I was keeping somthing from her because I never talk about relationships i have and what girls I might be interested in at school......she then said that i will accept you no matter if i like a him or a her lol, just curious has anyone ever had that awkard conversation with their parents???????o yeah I am only a little bi-curious, all I really want to with a guy is jackoff with them nothing more, just some little male bonding lol

That is a conversation I never had with parents, but close family members can be extremely perceptive.
When I was 20, my older brother, 33 said " I know you are hung and so that makes you a lover, but I never see you with any girls...are you fucking men? ". I remember a tear came into my eye as I nodded affirmatively to him. We never had that conversation again, but he was always my closest and most accepting brother among the 6 of them!

blackcameron

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
God knows what my parents think as well. I haven't had a gf in a while and and have only been out with 2-3 girls in the passed. Whenever they ask I just say that I'm not interested in relationships right now. Of course I get the typical "get one before they are all gone" speech.

The truth is I'm bi and am interested in both guys and girls. I think they worry about me having male preferences but then again I always make it clear that I plan to get a gf "when the time is right". Not only that but I frequently comment on woman and types I prefer (which is not made up) to dissuade any worry.

My dad + bro are pretty much homophobic and I've been raised under the "gays are bad" mentality. I've constantly taken a stance that if gays don't bother me, then I don't have a problem with them. It makes me sound very neutral and may cast some doubt in their minds, but it helps me strike a balance that I'm not fooling anyways...just being who I am. They've never asked about my orientation, so I don't have to tell them I'm bi.

I do have a feeling that that my mom is skeptical. She can always sniff out a lie (as most moms do). The best thing you can do if she asks you upfront is be honest, no matter how her reaction will be. Usually moms are easier to...deal with :p

blackcameron

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
donkeyboy9: That is quite possibly the nicest way of telling a family member. As I was reading it I tear came to MY eye just thinking about it. I'm glad you have someone that close. As I mentioned I really don't have any family member (perhaps mom) that I can confide my orientation to. It's great that you found solace in one of your brothers...he asked with such tact as well...smart guy :)