Parents

eyemready: Have you ever had any acknowledgement from parents/family of your endowment? How did it come up?

Did you ever have to discuss your clothing issues with your parents -- i.e., jock straps, undershorts, etc.

Did you hide your bulge from your parents?

eyemready: :)
I wonder why my question has generated no comment. I certainly did not mean this from an incentuous point of view.

I just wondered whether this was an embarassing topic.

Perhaps it is covered under another thread I missed.

I did notice somewhere that one young huge hung guy had discussed with his mother whether his Dad had been w/e. (His Dad left when he was young.) I could not picture me bringing up such a topic with my Mother! But I admire his (apparently very large) balls!

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=eyemready link=board=relationships;num=1075078057;start=0#1 date=01/26/04 at 09:39:55]

" :) I wonder why my question has generated no comment.  I certainly did not mean this from an incentuous point of view...."

Perhaps it is covered under another thread I missed..."

[/quote]

Let's just give this some more time, eyemready! ;)

Strangely, sometimes it simply takes awhile for the comments to "get going". And, I for one don't take this as one of those "incestuous-type" topics either! If a parent should happen to notice his/her son further along in male development, that parent would do a great service to be ready to talk to, listen to, and otherwise counsel that boy--- SHOULD the occasion and or appropriate opportunity present itself. It would help that son immensely! --put his mind at ease and eliminate future anguish dealing with his larger size.

I don't have a personal experience from my own youth to share...my parents did not discuss sex....like--AT ALL.
I only wish they had!

I wish even more to have been taught (back then) sex was a beautiful part of life and NOT something to be ashamed of (and consequently "run" from!).

B_Jeremy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
[quote author=eyemready link=board=relationships;num=1075078057;start=0#1 date=01/26/04 at 09:39:55]

I did notice somewhere that one young huge hung guy had discussed with his mother whether his Dad had been w/e.  (His Dad left when he was young.)  I could not picture me bringing up such a topic with my Mother!  But I admire his (apparently very large) balls![/quote]

Thanks, I assume you are mentioning me here, and what you said I have discussed a lot on the lpsg, and the mom thread has been a place for me and everyone else to discuss closeness with our mothers.

mindseye: It never came up in my household. During the last few years of my father's life, he required assistance showering and using the bathroom, so I saw him naked (and flaccid, you pervs!) often. It was embarrassing to him, I know -- not so much the nudity as the helplessness -- and I sure wasn't going to make it worse by announcing I was bigger than he was or anything. Sheesh!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My grandpa gave me 'the talk' at 11 and told me I had obviously inherited the 'size gene' that's rampant on his side of the family. Casual same-sex nudity is common in our family so I can imagine he kept an eye on my progress.

But my puberty was late and my growth didn't really start until I was almost 16. That summer, on a weekend fishing trip with Grandpa and a couple of cousins, I stripped for a quick skinnydip and he grinned and said, "See, I told you so." I, on the other hand didn't consider myself 'large' since there were so many 'larger' men around me all the time.

One of my aunts (by marriage) made a comment once about so many of the males in my family having such low self esteem that we all seemed to be wearing socks in our pants.

Pecker

Don't trust anything that bleeds for 3 days and doesn't die.

bih20: From my brother only, guess thats normal though.

Not from my parents. My parents give me a lot of privacy.

I come from Eastern Europe, so my parents stopped dressing me, and all that stuff when I was fairly young, they bought the close and stuff, but dressing/washing myself and a lot of that stuff was left to me at a very early age.

HungArnold

Experimental Member
Media
In my family there was a lot of nudity but no discussion of our equipment. I guess, it would have been as titillating as discussing that the day of the week is Tuesday. We all knew it so the general reaction would have been: so what?

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=mindseye link=board=relationships;num=1075078057;start=0#5 date=01/26/04 at 16:31:36]

"It never came up in my household. During the last few years of my father's life, he required assistance showering and using the bathroom, so I saw him naked (and flaccid) often.  It was embarrassing to him, I know -- not so much the nudity as the helplessness ..."

[/quote]

mindseye, I had the same "family responsibilities" of care-giving to my late grandfather who had assisted in raising me years earlier in that household. As a young boy, I had tried to enter conversations with him several times about "male sexuality" and he flat out refused and "clammed up" so to speak. Ironic that my grandfather wound up in a situation later on in life which required me to get my answer about his size afterall---years later. (As a boy, I had asked him how big a grown man was, and he told me all men are the same size!) Finally seeing my grandfather (flaccid) enabled me to get the idea what side of the family my size came from, no doubt. (Surprisingly to me, it wasn't my father's side, either). Like mindseye's father, my grandfather was no doubt appreciative too, of my being able to assist him with baths and dressing, but he was VERY unhappy with my seeing his body.

-----------

It was interesting that last night on CBS TV's "Still Standing" comedy series, there was a storyline about the lead family's teenage son's embarrassment he had in the gym showers. In attempting to relieve his concerns, the parents mistakenly thought he was "small for his age but would catch up later on....not to worry." Turned out however, the son was WAY ADVANCED over his peers and the parents (and all the neighbors!) soon found out about his good fortune of being hung! The son was mortified, of course.

'Good to see America is beginning to be able to relax (a least a little) and begin recognizing the OTHER topics of interest in sexual matters. Last night's TV comedy (despite the humor) at least had the father and son "talking" about a rather uncomfortable subject and not avoiding it altogether.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When my father gave me the birds and bees talk, he brought up the size issue, but was obviously uncomfortable with discussing it with me. He knew that a big cock was most probably in the cards for all of his sons ... and he was right ... so he felt that it should be mentioned. He said that if I ever needed help determining the right condom size when I became sexually active that I could ask him, but I could tell he was thinking, "Please don't need my help with that!" He was beet-red. Size was an issue I could, and did, talk about with my brothers much more freely.

mekkler: I was probably 13 or 14 when my mother said I should try not to be so obvious, she suggested better positioning, looser pants.

SpeedoGuy: [quote author=Pecker link=board=relationships;num=1075078057;start=0#6 date=01/26/04 at 17:04:28]One of my aunts (by marriage) made a comment once about so many of the males in my family having such low self esteem that we all seemed to be wearing socks in our pants.
[/quote]

Similar kind of thing for me. Once in a great while my mother (or one of her sisters) will make a joke like that above. Its usually oblique and laden with dry humor.

SG

bigstr8bulge

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well I was on a swim team and water polo since about age 10, so not much chance hidin it from them....exact opposite actually, they got the watch the bulge "grow up" over the years (although I doubt they ever were as proud of it as I am, lol)
8)

roedhunt: My sister, who has been married for over 25 years, confessed that her huband was well-endowed. It had come up over the years.. She said one night she went to check in on her oldest son. He was laying on his back and had only a sheet covering him. He had an extreme hard one and snuck in to look :eek: !! Yup, he was just like his dad and she went to tell her husband. The next day, and there after, dad was "proud" of his son for carrying on the family’s physique size. Ah such as life. I still can’t believe she looked!! :eek: haha..

dotadone: i grew up with my mother and two sisters, dad was doing his own things, when i was little, i remember my grandmother taking role as father, and telling me a few things, first that i could knockdown walls with thoose things(my balls) then telling me that other kids might want to see mabey even try to trick me into a peeing contest, she told me don't fall for it, then my sister saw me in shorts shat rode to high, commented that i was hiding something but it was my dick in too short shorts(O.P. cords)

trent: i, for some reason, told my mom a story about me streaking a while back. then she replied "well did you get grass stain from that thing dragging the ground, or did you just throw it over your shoulder" that got me thinking if my mom was aware of my endowment or if she was just trying to be funny

B_Jeremy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
[quote author=biglikeme2 link=board=relationships;num=1075078057;start=0#16 date=02/03/04 at 19:55:31] that got me thinking if my mom was aware of my endowment or if she was just trying to be funny[/quote]

Sounds like both!! :D

MHDC: My father knows about me being hung and he is cool about it. He told me once that he was proud of me taking after him in the size department.

My mother knows about it i think but she has never commented about it.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The "size gene" seems to run through my dad's side of the family.  I remember as a pre-schooler, I saw my dad naked in the bathroom once and, not knowing that there was anything unusual about his huge unit, asked him if mine was going to be like his when I grew up.  His response was "Be careful what you wish for, kid!"  That's the only time we ever discussed it.

But when I was about fourteen, my uncle took me aside once and asked me if I had "inherited the family curse."  I didn't know what he meant, so he had to spell it out for me -- most of the men on that side of the family had been "blessed" going back at least as far as my great-grandfather.  So I told him that, yes, I had a very big one, and he shook his head and frowned, put his hand on my shoulder, and said "poor kid, you'll never be able to have normal sex with a woman."

I think that little talk scarred me for life.  What a TERRIBLE thing to tell a kid!  But was around 1970, my uncle was born in 1899 and lived through the Depression in dustbowl Oklahoma, his ideas about sex were shaped by late Victorian mores.

I was the only male member of my family that I know of who was uncircumcised.  As a kid, my older brother used to call me "Doggy Dick."  When I entered puberty he became strangely silent when my flaccid member grew bigger than his erection.  He missed out on the "size gene," and had normal-sized genitalia.  Oh well, he who laughs last laughs best.  :D

My mom busted in on me jerking off before school once when I was in high school, and as I was rushing to cover myself she just giggled and said I resembled my father.