Paris Hilton ordered back to jail

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Has she really? That's good! The judge/whoever must have seen the outcry from the public as well as the inmates. Now if only its back into a PROPER prison and not a pretend one.

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm kind of torn. I don't think she should serve out her sentence in a mansion. But I think the emotional roller coaster she was put through is kind of wrong. People get preferential treatment based on how they look and present themselves in court all the time. But I don't know if she should be a martyr for all of them.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As sick as I am of hearing about her and her ilk, I actually feel a little sorry for her. Here she has been given to believe that she can behave like she has been, and the American public is going to keep eating it up. Then she pushes the envelope one stretch too far and gets a prison sentence. THEN the celebrity god smiles on her and gets her out early. THEN she gets sent back... if she wasn't mental before, she probably will be soon....

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Unfortunately now, this whole thing has become a zoo, a circus a totally distorted view of our judicial system. This will now become a media event with daily postings on her behaviour, etc. I just want her to go away...and maybe learn a thing or two about real life instead of the "simple life". Sad thing is, it just won't happen. She will always be the spoiled little fugly bitch that she is.
The next thing we have to look forward to is the movie of the week. ARGH!

B_Cegro27

Sexy Member
Media
If you're struggling with whether to have sympathy for this girl or not, just remember two things:

1. She has money. All she needed to do was hire a driver and it never would've gotten to this point.

2. Ask anyone who's ever lost someone they loved to a DUI accident, I doubt they'd have any sympathy for Paris.

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's not just about her. I only spent 26 days of my 6 month jail sentence "behind bars". I made the right impression to the person who was handling my case. Also I wasn't sentenced thereafter to serve it out in a mansion. And her "medical condition" was highly dubious. But its not not that unusual of a case.

and I don't have money

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I kind of liked the Police playing bowling for news reporters with a police car.... What part of "get out of the way" did they not understand?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you're struggling with whether to have sympathy for this girl or not, just remember two things:

1. She has money. All she needed to do was hire a driver and it never would've gotten to this point.

2. Ask anyone who's ever lost someone they loved to a DUI accident, I doubt they'd have any sympathy for Paris.

Thanks for the reminder.
You are correct this didn't have to happen. If she didn't want to do time, she shouldn't have done the crime.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ask anyone who's ever lost someone they loved to a DUI accident, I doubt they'd have any sympathy for Paris.
The acohol abuse problem in this country goes far beyond DUI. That said, I was not expressing sympathy for her as an offender, but as a human being, probably more fragile than we realize, yanked back and forth in circumstances she's ill prepared to deal with. Forget that she's who she is and consider that her experience the last few years has been that whatever stupid thing she's thought of to do has been OKAY. Then she got slammed with a dose of reality, tried to deal with it, got special treatment (yet again), and then got slammed again... That part is not fair.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The acohol abuse problem in this country goes far beyond DUI. That said, I was not expressing sympathy for her as an offender, but as a human being, probably more fragile than we realize, yanked back and forth in circumstances she's ill prepared to deal with. Forget that she's who she is and consider that her experience the last few years has been that whatever stupid thing she's thought of to do has been OKAY. Then she got slammed with a dose of reality, tried to deal with it, got special treatment (yet again), and then got slammed again... That part is not fair.

Well, from what I understand... during the original trial, part of the agreement is that she wouldn't be able to serve time at home... and some idiot judge let her do that. That's part of why they brought her back to jail.

Paris Hilton going back to jail - CNN.com

"The decision by Sheriff Lee Baca to move Hilton chafed prosecutors and Judge Sauer, who spelled out during sentencing that Hilton was not allowed to serve house detention."