Paris Hilton Responds to McCain Ad

TwasBrillig

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
And "Everything's on the table" could mean the resurrection of the "You invest some of it yourself" or You bet your life and part/all of your retirement income.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, you're not off the mark, Marley. I'm straight and not hypnotized either.

A straight man that's NOT hypotized by PH's man-trap? We thought you were excinct!!

If anything, her marketing is most likely the work of a good manager, not her business acumen.

Exactly. In every sense of the phrase, PH COASTED to fame and fortune, sitting back idly, doing her nails while a dense, superficial society bought into her act, or persona, whatever u wanna call it.

No, you're not off the mark, Marley. I'm straight and not hypnotized either. If anything, her marketing is most likely the work of a good manager, not her business acumen.

Don't confuse the product with the person behind the product. If I ran Harvard Business School, I'd make Hilton a case study. Paris has exploited old and new media to degrees most businesses can't imagine. She has a targeted market of young consumers that she's reaching via her own brands of nightclubs, champagne, perfume, and men's and women's clothing lines. She has TV shows, a movie in the works, and a NY Times best selling autobiography. She does $1 million-a-pop personal branding seminars. You are as likely to read about her in the business press as in the tabloids. Her agency is Endeavor, her PR is Rob Shuter. That sex tape she whined about? She owns the rights to it and collects royalties on it.

Paris is a self-made woman. She had rich parents and a recognizable name. That's it. They gave her an allowance and from that allowance, she became not just an A-list celebrity, but one of the most powerful marketing brands in global business. That takes talent and acumen. She has it.

Do you know what this means for the Hilton brand? Think for a moment.

Hilton is known as an upscale, but not top, hotel chain with a world-wide presence. The Hilton brand has been languishing with its Hyatt-Marriott sisters which don't really appeal to young travelers who prefer the chic boutique hotels of Ian Schrager or Starwood's W chain. Hilton also doesn't have the high-market image it used to have which has been supplanted by Relais & Chateaux and Fairmont.

Now imagine Hilton rebranded and repositioned as an extension of the Paris Hilton brand. Her image projects fun, frivolity, sophistication, and jet-set partying. These are just the sort of things that Schrager and Starwood try to bring to their hotel brands. When Paris gets ahold of the Hilton brand, which she and her siblings may someday control, watch out. Hilton hotels will undergo a drastic change that will position it well with the young travelers of today who will be the business travelers of tomorrow. Paris Hilton understands the youth market inherently. She understands media, she understands branding. If you think all of this just fell into her lap, you're greatly mistaken.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Savviest self-marketer? Her fortune and fame practically fell into her lap, all she had to do was bat her pretty eyes, flip her blonde hair, spread her legs and go to parties. It really sets women back a few centuries that THAT is considered a savvy businesswoman. Since when does being vapid and pretty make you a savvy businesswoman? I'd call that more of a leech-like opportunist, but that's just me. I'm gay so I'm not hypnotized by her cooch.
Q : When is a savvy business woman not a savvy business woman?
A : When she's an opportunist.
This is just playing with semantics.
If you had the opportunity to be paid by the media for doing nothing more than pursue a hedonistic lifestyle are you saying you wouldn't jump at the chance?
I'm not "hypnotized by her cooch",I don't think Jason is either (looking at his orientation percentages).

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't confuse the product with the person behind the product. If I ran Harvard Business School, I'd make Hilton a case study. Paris has exploited old and new media to degrees most businesses can't imagine. She has a targeted market of young consumers that she's reaching via her own brands of nightclubs, champagne, perfume, and men's and women's clothing lines. She has TV shows, a movie in the works, and a NY Times best selling autobiography. She does $1 million-a-pop personal branding seminars. You are as likely to read about her in the business press as in the tabloids. Her agency is Endeavor, her PR is Rob Shuter. That sex tape she whined about? She owns the rights to it and collects royalties on it.

Paris is a self-made woman. She had rich parents and a recognizable name. That's it. They gave her an allowance and from that allowance, she became not just an A-list celebrity, but one of the most powerful marketing brands in global business. That takes talent and acumen. She has it.

Hilton is known as an upscale, but not top, hotel chain with a world-wide presence. The Hilton brand has been languishing with its Hyatt-Marriott sisters which don't really appeal to young travelers who prefer the chic boutique hotels of Ian Schrager or Starwood's W chain. Hilton also doesn't have the high-market image it used to have which has been supplanted by Relais & Chateaux and Fairmont.

Now imagine Hilton rebranded and repositioned as an extension of the Paris Hilton brand. Her image projects fun, frivolity, sophistication, and jet-set partying. These are just the sort of things that Schrager and Starwood try to bring to their hotel brands. When Paris gets ahold of the Hilton brand, which she and her siblings may someday control, watch out. Hilton hotels will undergo a drastic change that will position it well with the young travelers of today who will be the business travelers of tomorrow. Paris Hilton understands the youth market inherently. She understands media, she understands branding. If you think all of this just fell into her lap, you're greatly mistaken.

Pretty much. As air-headed as she may seem, she's properly utilized every tool at her disposal. We all know she loves the cock but she knows how to get easy big bucks. And for that, I can't knock her hustle.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is just playing with semantics.

On both ends.:wink: U could call her a media whore, but that would shatter the pretty image some people like to perpetuate.

If you had the opportunity to be paid by the media for doing nothing more than pursue a hedonistic lifestyle are you saying you wouldn't jump at the chance?

For two reasons, in her position, I wouldn't. One, I wouldn't want to promote a lifestyle to an impressionable audience, I have a soul. Two, she doesn't need to, there are a million ways she can make money. She always has that um...degree she can fall back on..or wait...there's always....umm... nevermind. I forgot that this is Vapid Talentless Heiresses Securing Their Life of Luxury 101. Is there gonna be a quiz on crotch-shots?

I'm not "hypnotized by her cooch",I don't think Jason is either (looking at his orientation percentages).

What is it then, her rack?

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I'm glad you see this too! She's no dumb blond. The girl did have a good helping hand to get started but she's flourished on her own BIG TIME! She owns like 5 or 6 of her own companies/brand names and is becoming quite name on her own. People see what they want to see when it comes to the media...famous, notorious, infamous ...it doesn't matter...as long as people know you and keep you in the spotlight...you're good to go. It's when people stop talking about you or even have any opinion on what you say or do, is when you should worry. More power to her! :)

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On both ends.:wink: U could call her a media whore, but that would shatter the pretty image some people like to perpetuate.

I don't think the image is particularly pretty,I'd say "media whore" is exactly the impression most people have of her.

For two reasons, in her position, I wouldn't. One, I wouldn't want to promote a lifestyle to an impressionable audience, I have a soul.
Two, she doesn't need to, there are a million ways she can make money. She always has that um...degree she can fall back on..or wait...there's always....umm... nevermind. I forgot that this is Vapid Talentless Heiresses Securing Their Life of Luxury 101. Is there gonna be a quiz on crotch-shots?

I've never accepted any suggestions that the general public are so "impressionable".People are going to indulge in drink and sex without any encouragement from celebrities.Everyone is responsible for their own actions.
Does this mean I don't have a soul? :sgrin:

What is it then, her rack?
No,I've never paid much attention to her.I'm sure she'll be heartbroken to read this. :cry:

TwasBrillig

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I still do not believe, as it seems from various posts, that she has done all of this all by her little own self. She is being managed. Very well as it turns out, but still managed by a person, a sponsor or an agency.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
People touting Paris Hilton are misguided. She's ridiculous.

The Paris Political Ad wasn't even her idea...two guys came up with it, called her and asked to do it.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Hey, McSame has big money and marketing behind him and just got his ass kicked by this supposedly stupid, clueless young woman. Look at reality, folks.
Dave

Hardly,

Paris Hilton ruined her own reputation by making sex tapes, recklessness, and her lack of integrity. The McCain Ad simply talked about two young women who are associated with major celebrity. That kind of celebrity does not prepare someone to lead and that made the Political Ad very effective. Paris and her mother being indignant about that Ad is ridiculous...they should have been concerned with Paris' reputation before now.

Paris' response Ad is just a silly girl's self promotion scheme in line with her former behavior. Funny...but ultimately reinforces McCain's Ad :smile:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hardly,

Paris Hilton ruined her own reputation by making sex tapes, recklessness, and her lack of integrity. The McCain Ad simply talked about two young women who are associated with major celebrity. That kind of celebrity does not prepare someone to lead and that made the Political Ad very effective. Paris and her mother being indignant about that Ad is ridiculous...they should have been concerned with Paris' reputation before now.

Paris' response Ad is just a silly girl's self promotion scheme in line with her former behavior. Funny...but ultimately reinforces McCain's Ad :smile:
you're so naive!.....do you think Paris hilton is concerned about her 'reputation"? um..She has cultivated it!......Do you really think she and her mother are indignant over the Mccain ad?.......think again......They saw an opportunity for MORE PUBLICITY and jumped on it.....They are smart business women and have spent years cultivating the "Paris Hilton" brand......looks like you fell for it

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
you're so naive!.....do you think Paris hilton is concerned about her 'reputation"? um..She has cultivated it!......Do you really think she and her mother are indignant over the Mccain ad?.......think again......They saw an opportunity for MORE PUBLICITY and jumped on it.....They are smart business women and have spent years cultivating the "Paris Hilton" brand......looks like you fell for it

Hi Indy, Nope not naive...lol :tongue: You're making my point...and that makes you naive.

I think the Hilton's brand of business is just sad. I don't think it's smart at all. What does it profit you to gain the whole world and lose your soul?

Paris has an STD and no self respect...all the money in the world doesn't mean you are happy and celebrity doesn't mean you are well adjusted or prepared to be a leader.

McCain's Ad once again says: look at Britney and Paris...celebrity means nothing.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi Indy, Nope not naive...lol :tongue: You're making my point...and that makes you naive.

I think the Hilton's brand of business is just sad. I don't think it's smart at all. What does it profit you to gain the whole world and lose your soul?

Paris has an STD and no self respect...all the money in the world doesn't mean you are happy and celebrity doesn't mean you are well adjusted or prepared to be a leader.

McCain's Ad once again says: look at Britney and Paris...celebrity means nothing.

Try telling that to the teenagers and young people who will be in our places when we get older. All they see are people like Paris Hilton and connect more with her image than any presidential figure or righteous branding of business.

McCain's ad fails on so many levels. FIrst off, they tried to attack Obama for being glorified as a celebrity figure by putting him aside two others who don't even have the same level of brain capacity as he. Everyone knows this, including the people who follow and worship Paris & Britney. Also, if "celebrity meant nothing", then why did Sonny Bono, Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwarzenegger win their elections so soundly over those who were full time politicians? McCain should be more worried about getting more camera time dedicated to him instead of attacking his opponent for his ability to get people to jump.

As for Paris Hilton's parody? It's a win-win for her. She gets more exposure, and she gets a chance to put together a rather funny video in the process to help boost her popularity with her people. I mean, we have people who detest Paris Hilton giving her some credit on this one. If anything, this doesn't make her look dumb at all. She knows exactly what she's doing and has no remorse on the outcome or results. And if any real politician tries to stoop down to her level and respond to her video, it makes them look even stupider because they (as politicians) are supposed to be above all this trivial, celebrity nonsense.

As for Obama? He doesn't even need to respond. He knows the attack ad had no real merit, and everyone laughed at McCain's attempt to call him stupid and superficial. There's no need for he to try and analyze or even criticize Paris Hilton for her comments for he knows that he is above them. Only those who feel the need to "answer" to Paris are going to look like fools in the long run.