Parking Ticket, Rental Car, Another State

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What has been your experience if you get a parking ticket in another state when driving a rental car? Do you pay it?

The rental company usually forwards you the parking ticket bill but do you usually pay it or just let it slide? I'm wondering what the consequences are for not paying a $60 parking ticket. I have a CA drivers license and got the ticket in Illinois.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The ticket goes to the car rental company and they charge the credit card you used. Happened to me twice last year in Montreal and in Seville, Spain.

D

deleted213967

The ticket goes to the car rental company and they charge the credit card you used. Happened to me twice last year in Montreal and in Seville, Spain.

Ditto. They may even try to slap a junk fee for processing the ticket in addition to the value of the ticket.

Prepare to bitch and moan.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've not had a parking ticket since I attended UCLA. I learned the hard way that parking tickets come back to bite you in the ass. Pay the ticket.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sixty bucks isn't worth the hassle and potential legal difficulties; I'd just pay the ticket and move on.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I got the notice from the rental car company in the mail today -credit card billed automatically for the parking ticket and a 15 dollar processing charge. Ugh.

Is there any escape from Big Brother?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got the notice from the rental car company in the mail today -credit card billed automatically for the parking ticket and a 15 dollar processing charge. Ugh.

Is there any escape from Big Brother? Well if you do the right thing to begin with no one bothers you as a rule!... but this sage advice is coming from someone who had their diploma withheld until I paid my parking tickets.
:rolleyes: