Partial circumcision

7x5.5

Just Browsing
Media
Ok, I have a fairly long foreskin. Don't get me wrong I love the skin, but I just hate how long it is. The foreskin is in full working oder, it retracts completely with no trouble. All I want is a 'shortening' of the skin, just so there is not so much overhang. I still want the glands to be completely covered, even with slight overhang - just not as much. Can such a procedure be done? I still want to be 'uncircumsied', so maybe a whole procedure different to circumcision is in order - as I said, I just want less overhang.

So I guess my query would be firstly can it be done, and secondly where are most of the foreskin nerves situated? Are they all at the very tip, or throughout the foreskin itself? I am curious as to how much sensation I would lose for just a slight shortening of the skin. Also if anyone here has had a partial circumcision I'd love to here your thoughts. Thanks.

aqua-illusion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've never heard of shortening the foreskin procedures, but I DO know that half-circumcisions are for men/boys with tight foreskins that want to remain intact...the surgery is just a slit cut on the foreskin to allow it to retract. The only way you could(I think) get surgery was if you wanted a full circumcision...which I don't think your doctor would recommend if there is nothing wrong with your foreskin.

Does it REALLY hang that much off that it's bothersome?

7x5.5

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by aqua-illusion@Sep 21 2005, 09:30 AM
I've never heard of shortening the foreskin procedures, but I DO know that half-circumcisions are for men/boys with tight foreskins that want to remain intact...the surgery is just a slit cut on the foreskin to allow it to retract. The only way you could(I think) get surgery was if you wanted a full circumcision...which I don't think your doctor would recommend if there is nothing wrong with your foreskin.

Does it REALLY hang that much off that it's bothersome?
[post=345292]Quoted post[/post]​

I definently don't want a full circumcision, or even a half. I don't want anything like the frenulum cut just the foreskin itself shortened. - I'm not sure if this is understood, but it is easily long enough to just like...cut it off without even going near the frenulum or anything. Like it just hangs there, like an ant eaters nose, I just want that bit chopped lol - while still remaining a full covering of skin.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd say your best bet would be to talk to a doctor and find out what your options are. Be sure to ask about your concerns like loss of sensation, and healing time. Normally a circumcision for an adult who is not having health problems wouldn't be a great idea, but if it is causing you to feel bad about yourself in some way, only you can decide if it's worth the discomfort after you get some sound medical advice. I hope it goes well for you.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm not sure they would actually, like, cut a ring-shaped section off the end of it. as aqua-illusion describes, a partial circumcision involves a dorsal slit or similar, which obviously wouldn't make any difference to the length of it.

the problem with the idea of cutting all around the end of it is that the scar tissue (apart from looking really nasty) would tighten and make it much more difficult, if not impossible, to fully retract the foreskin afterward. it could also tear very easily along the frenulum if you sliced off its terminus in the tip of the foreskin.

I don't know since I've never heard of it being done, but you may be able to find a cosmetic surgeon willing to perform a procedure like that. however, I suspect a doctor would advise you very strongly against it.

BrynB

Experimental Member
Media
You might also like to try painting the part of your foreskin that you want removed with food dye when you're flacid. Then get yourself hard and you'll see the area on your shaft that will be affected. Bear in mind that foreskin by it's very nature is elastic, so removing half an inch of the overhang might cause the remainder to get very tight when you're erect due to it having to stretch further.
If there isn't much play in the skin on your shaft when you're hard now, that could be problematic.

yebb75

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just my two cents,

But as I do not have a foreskin and am really bummed I do not, just a word of advice it to do your homework as at least you have a choice.
Cheers and good luck with the decision.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
7x5.5 said:
where are most of the foreskin nerves situated? Are they all at the very tip, or throughout the foreskin itself? I am curious as to how much sensation I would lose for just a slight shortening of the skin.
Most of the relevant nerves (the Meissner's corpuscles, sensitive to fine touch and stretching) are concentrated in the ridged band, described as recently as 1995 by Dr John Taylor of Winnipeg, Canada, in his paper, The prepuce: Specialized mucosa of the penis and its loss to circumcision, Journal of Urology (1996), 77, 291-295.
The ridged band also has its own website, in English and French.

To reduce the length without damaging the ridged band, one way might be to have a cylinder of skin taken off some way down the shaft. This might have the effect of rolling the ridged band to the outside of the foreskin, which would be very uncomfortable. Also, the exact path of the nerves of the ridged band back through the penis is still being studied, and removing this cylinder might still cut them, leaving you with a dead end.

Beware of cosmetic surgeons, who are more concerned with appearance than function.

rabidrabbit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
After reading the original problem of too much skin, my first thought was to just have the excess snipped off. But the whole scar tissue issue (rhyme) :) is a definite problem.

Here's my thought: A foreskin LIFT. Basically detatch the skin around the penis at the BASE of the penis and pull the foreskin back until you achieve the desiered length. Then Remove the the excess skin (at the base) and re-attach.

Sounds about right, right?

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Remember, where ever you cut around, you are going to disconnect all the nerves and blood vessels and they will have to reconnect as they heal. It's kind of like girdling a tree. Probably a reason why some guys have poor results from routine infant circumcision (RIC). Everyone is unique and every healing is unique.

I would strongly advise only a local anesthetic if you decide to go through with this so you can monitor what the circumciser is doing. I personally know of one guy who was cut almost too short to stand to pee when he went in for exactly what you describe. It's kind of like an Army haircut. No matter what you ask for, you get the standard high and tight.

A few years later he got his legal settlement under a gag order. Strangely, the circumciser had let him keep his amputated part and that was presented as evidence that a lot more was taken off than agreed to. Caveat emptor.

dude77007

Legendary Member
Media
I too have the "anteater" look and always dreamed of having it snipped off just past the head on soft like most guys have. Can't see why they couldn't snip off an inch. The only valid comment mentioned here is about the scar tissue not being elastic enough on the end and you would end up with a tight foreskin then that would be another problem. Can't believe there isn't more medical material on this. Have been tempted to ask a doctor but I am sure a GP would not consider doing this. Maybe a cosmetic surgeon is more accustomed to making exact incisions and very small stiches and able to do this.

Wish such a procedure had a medical term so it would be easier to research.

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
There was a thread along this line back some months ago. The thread mentioned a surgeon in Atlanta that specialized in repairing botch circumcisions and modifying foreskins like the one in question. Does anyone remember this thread? His patients came from all over the map and he did telephone interviews before a trip to Atlanta was made. As I remember, when he did a cut on an adult male, the cut or tuck was made near the base of the penis, thus preserving the sensitive part of the foreskin that 7x5.5 wants to keep. This surgeon had his own website which gave information on the different procedures that he performs. His patients returned home the same day of the procedure but were bandaged for about two weeks.

t

Bigboner

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The grass is always greener on the other side.

The natural state of the penis is by FAR the most attractive. I just don't get it...chopping on such a delicate and precious jewel.:confused:

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
My first reaction on reading this was : don't do it!

When I was a teenager, I would have given anything to have a foreskin like yours. Mine was the shortest I had seen at the time, and for me, the longer the foreskin the better.

My second reaction was also : don't do it! After being unhappy with a short foreskin I came to realise that that was the way it was, and that it actually had some advantages. I can think of advantages (not the same of course!) of having a particularly long foreskin too. So just come to terms with being the way you are.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Too risky! Don't do it. You'd probably end up with a full circ whether you like it or not. And there is the possibility of nerve damage, you don't want a partially numb dick.

Grower

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I say leave well enough alone, but, having seen a very nice partial job a while back and being surprised by the responses here I did a google search for "partial circumcision". Maybe you should as well.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
kefkamaxon said:
A doctor once told me circumcision is like pregnancy..you either are or you aren't...o.o
Bu^h^hnonsense! I've known a couple of guys who couldn't tell whether they were cut or not, and I couldn't help them.

There are guys cut more on one side than the other, cut ragged, high and tight, high and loose, low and tight, low and loose, every possible variation you can think of.

(High/low referring to the inner-mucosa/outer-skin ratio, loose/tight to the total amount removed)

He probably knows only the standard US Gomco(TM)/Plastibell(TM) low and tight variety.

dhagelin3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Partial circ??? My uro recommended a circ for a condition that wasn't related to my FS. When I resisted, noting the loss of sensitivity, he suggested a "partial circ" to remove only the end of the FS but to leave the glans covered. After my very complete "partial circ" I discovered my penis was completely denuded of any FS whatsoever, including the entire fren. He sutures shaft skin to my glans, leaving me with a very dead penis. When I filed suit to sue I was sent to several uros, neuroligists, plastic surgeon, even a penis reconstructionalist, all declared there was no such thing as a "partial cirk." There was no hope for my dead penis. I found out later that what the uro gave me was called a "beauty cut." In an effort to not have any visible scar tissue they cut all of the mucosal and fren out so what scar there is is "tucked" under the corona. I have since restored about 80% of my FS, even growing a bit mucosal--altho it be void of sexual feelings. I did eventually gain a small amount of sexual feeling on the top coronal edge---to which I attribute the restoration process. When I discussed any possibiltiy of restoration all the drs except plastic surgeons all said any reconstruction is not only impossible, but fruitless. They advised me to "live" w/ the handicap and have my pschi revamped. Of course the plastic surgeons were eager to cut some more on my penis.............................

I .

A few years later he got his legal settlement under a gag order. Strangely, the circumciser had let him keep his amputated part and that was presented as evidence that a lot more was taken off than agreed to. Caveat emptor.[/quote]

dhagelin3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
this was my assumption--when I told the uro I didn't want a cirk due to loss of sensitivity. His exact words, "we'll cut off just enough to expose the urethral meatus, but leave glans covered. I pictured ( in my innocent trust) him doing just that---snipping off the end, suturing the raw edge up. When I asked to see what he removed, I expected to see a circular piece of skin...........but instead a mass of flat skin. Because of the blood in the formal, I couldn't see all that well. When I discovered what he had actually done, the next day I went crazy...literally. I eventually got the tissue back and it measured 3.5inches by 5.5 inches. So much for a partial cirk.