Partner Constantly On Speakerphone With Best Friend

frand123

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My partner and I are very serious, we live together, plan on buying a house and getting married next year. However the one thing that I struggle with (aside from his messiness) is that he's constantly on speakerphone with his best friend in Canada.

His friend is a loyal Catholic, practices celibacy, and is absolutely no threat to our relationship. I can't stress that enough to the nay sayers out there!

They don't even talk...they just have the phones connected for HOURS, both on speaker. So I'm busy chatting about my day or whatever, and all of a sudden I hear "oh that sucks!" Or "yay! I'm glad to hear it!!" From my partners pocket.

Or my partner and I are talking, then all of a sudden my partner shouts "John what do you think?" to the air....John then pipes in with whatever he's thinking about our discussion.

Even worse, we could be talking about our friends or family and I hear "oh who's cousin Nicholas?" or "have I met Will?" From the side table where my partner left his phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this with my partner? As it stands now I completely disengage with the questions John sends my way, and I preface every time I walk in the room with "is John on the phone?"

I don't want to be an asshole to John but I get so frustrated. For context, John is a lonely older guy with a ton of internal homophobia and Catholic guilt. He doesn't make an effort to find any gay friends in his hometown, so we're his only connection to other gay people. On top of that, he feels extremely uncomfortable in gay bars (even when we all visit together), so there's no way he'd get enough courage to step out of his box all by himself.

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You need to have a chat with yr other half about why you find this annoying, and set out some boundaries with him about when it's appropriate - give him a set time to call maybe? Just be honest. It's not you or John...*

You & yr partner need to find a way to get John online and with a new hobby/gay friends... channel John's need for contact into a more appropriate place... you know, some suitable time wasting place with suitable sociable perverts like him.

Maybe even here.

*I'm assuming yr partner will respect your feelings; if not, rethink the marriage.

No charge.