Partnered, How often do you have sex?

onthetown

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Partnered and happy all of the other areas.... but my partner is only interested in sex once a week.....I top him... and jack him off and that's it??? we have been together 6 years.. is this the normal downside of long term relationships?

Reactions: Voltaire

Hotlatbtm

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh onthetown wish you were mine. Had two long term relationships and both were as different as night and day. One had almost no interest at all even tho we met that way ( a sex site). Then the other just could not get enough and too much can be a bad thing too. Depends on what your looking for and how you find it.

milwjocknow

Cherished Member
Media
I have been in two long term relationships. One, for over 20 years. We never had sex that often, even in the beginning. It dwindled down to once every month, then every year, then every two years, and stopped. All the while, I was asking for more. I figured it was because he wasnt interested. Then, I found out. . . . He was having sex and BDSM experiences with other men for years. I ended the relationship. Now, for 4 years, I have been with a younger man who likes sex with me as much as I like sex with him. It does vary, how often we have sex. . . sometimes daily. Sometimes we wait two or three days because of schedules/desire/life. . . BUT. . It is always good, and it is always discussed if one of us is 'wanting' and the other isn't. We make deals a lot :D

erpap

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Partnered and happy all of the other areas.... but my partner is only interested in sex once a week.....I top him... and jack him off and that's it??? we have been together 6 years.. is this the normal downside of long term relationships?
Sorry to hear that but you had me at top. I love a good top!

a3sthetic

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm 42 my partner of 5 years is 55. For the first 3 years we had sex 2-3 times a week. Over the last 2 years it's faded off to once or twice a month not by my choice. If it was up to me I would still be twice a week.

In the back of my mind I worry he's cheating but he is a very loyal person so I just put it down to age and the honeymoon period being over.

When I bring up the topic there's always an excuse. It just seems he has no interest. If I don't initiate, we'd probably never have sex.

deano-uk

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm 42 my partner of 5 years is 55. For the first 3 years we had sex 2-3 times a week. Over the last 2 years it's faded off to once or twice a month not by my choice. If it was up to me I would still be twice a week.

In the back of my mind I worry he's cheating but he is a very loyal person so I just put it down to age and the honeymoon period being over.

When I bring up the topic there's always an excuse. It just seems he has no interest. If I don't initiate, we'd probably never have sex.

This sounds like me and my partner, but the decline happened because he had cancer, then the treatment. Which I can totally understand, but he no longer seems interested. I wonder if he is getting sex elsewhere, but he says not and just not interested.

So me hand is my best friend, I hope things will return, we used to have sex 2 to 3 times a week

hvdude

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to agree with other posters about it tapering off to finally stopping. The truth is that we discussed the importance of sex in a relationship at the outset and both agreed that it wasn't that important in the long term (versus trust, companionship, mutual life goals, etc.). We also agreed that if at any point one of us wanted to have an "open relationship" we would call the whole thing off. 25 years later...

Ebbs and flows. Sometimes 2-3 times per week, sometimes not for a week or two. Depends what is going on for us and how open our communication is around anything bothering us or bringing us down.

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Usually, 2-3 times per week, unless my partner is not in call at the hospital. He is a doctor and his schedule can be hectic. But for those weeks when the juices are not flowing out frequently, we make up for it with some wonderful passionate sex. I don’t think the frequency is as always important as the connection two (or more) people have when they are together. Then throughout the rest of the week, you feel that connection and see signs that you have a supportive caring partner.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For people who are in relationship and have not had sex for many years and didn’t want to leave your spouse would you cheat?

No. What's got you so interested in cheating all of a sudden? This is like the 4th or 5th thread you've either started or posted in today about cheating?!? What's up?

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

When I was with my ex 2.5 years it was usually 1-2 times a week. As a bottom, I need prep time and sometimes I’m just too busy to do it more than twice a week. Have you spoken to him about that? Beside I give a much better blowjob

walkies

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Been with my partner 4 years, and as a lot of people say it varies, some weeks we’re at it like bunnies, others we have a quick fumble and that’s it lol. But there’s a lot more to sex than top/bottom, and in lots of ways I find the ‘foreplay’ side of it more enjoyable and in some ways more intimate as you spend the time getting to know each other’s likes/dislikes! Be honest with your partner, see what you both want when it comes to sex...no point in second guessing yourself or thinking there’s a problem when the chances are there’s not