Partner's mood swings - how do you deal?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
if Mr. Ayesho were making broad/negative generalizations about ethnicity or sexuality would folks be so quick to give him the benefit of the doubt?

is not just one statement.. he continually drops serious hate on all beings female.
not sure why reducing women to hormonally unbalanced children.. or status clamoring whores is okay.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
No, it's the suggestion that "Yeah, that's just how women are. If anyone says any different, or has a differing opinion, it's misogyny." That, IMO is an attitude that is ignorant at best, more honestly, rather misogynistic.

Your remark about living in the era of the error free female was beyond the pale, however. THAT was sexist and misogynistic.

And yet... here you are, railing at me and offering ZERO actual explanation, suggestions or advice about the fact that some women behave badly during PMS.

I never said that's just how women are... I address this particular mans particular complaint about this particular woman.

But I would say I fairly accurately predicted exactly how many would react in this, the era when anyone saying Anything that might task a woman with taking responsibility for her own behavior get attacks, and accused of being misogynist.

Sorry... having a different opinion than you doesn't qualify as misogyny.
And reading and understanding solid scientific data about how women's perceptions and behavior can be altered by hormonal changes is not misogyny.

What would you have said if one of us suggested we were living in the era of the asshole male? Or made a crack about men being dogs? You'd probably have been pissed off.

Actually - I Did live in that era. The era when men were accused of ALL being rapists... all part of the patriarchal oppressors...

And, no, It didn't piss me off. I listened to the arguments. Some made sense.
Many did not.

No one is denying the power of hormones and both PMS and PMDD. What most are saying is that there IS a solution other than just taking it. Finding the proper way to deal with the situation, and the OP to let his wife know that there's a problem here. That's all.

Yeah, that's what I said.
I merely suggested a means of getting her to see more objectively how she was behaving.
And then I suggested that modern medicine CAN help with significant mood swings and hormonal fluctuations...

So, go ahead, call me a misogynist again.
THAT'S obviously not the result of thinking women's behavior can not be criticized...

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
if Mr. Ayesho were making broad/negative generalizations about ethnicity or sexuality would folks be so quick to give him the benefit of the doubt?

If Phil were, then yes, I would actually. Because I've seen him post over the years many times, and I've come to realize he often says things that appear to be broad, sweeping generalizations but then later defends himself by saying he didn't mean it that way. It's like he truly doesn't understand how his statements are interpreted by others.

is not just one statement.. he continually drops serious hate on all beings female.
not sure why reducing women to hormonally unbalanced children.. or status clamoring whores is okay.

It isn't. That's why I explained that he should be more careful in how he posts things, because it's easy for most of us to see why what he says appears offensive.

I'm not personally defending his statements, but rather suggesting that he may not mean what it seems he means and that he should be more clear if he doesn't.

:smile: I have at least two of those Tee shirts.

Why are the bat shit crazy ones also so wild in bed?

I don't know, but I have a feeling that fact is related to why I'm never with particularly sane women.